Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon!

+3
GBF
Lucy Ingram
tony ingram
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon!

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 pm

GBF wrote:We didn't evolve from apes - because if we had there would be no apes left...
Blame the Doctor for getting it wrong, not me Razz
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon!

Post by tony ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:24 pm

GBF wrote:We didn't evolve from apes - because if we had there would be no apes left...
Actually, I believe it's thought we and the apes evolved from a common ancestor. There is, of course, a missing link between us and the apes: the genus Essexus Hooliganus.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Really? I thought it was Nick Griffin.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Really? I thought it was Nick Griffin.
Oi! Apes have feelings, too! Mad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBF Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 pm

It was thought the moon was made of green cheese - you'll be telling me Oswald shot JFK next... Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon! - Page 2 377750
GBF
GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 pm

GBF wrote:It was thought the moon was made of green cheese - you'll be telling me Oswald shot JFK next... Jo Grant is back-or will be, soon! - Page 2 377750
No, according to the Doctor Who Novel 'Who killed Kennedy', a time travelling journalist called James Stevens killed Kennedy. Oh, and the moon is made from Wensleydale.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

GBF wrote:It was thought the moon was made of green cheese
[citation needed] Razz
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by GBF Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Is there any wonder some people jump from very high buildings?????
GBF
GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:24 pm

No.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by kembel Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Oh, and Jo Grant is indeed back. Just saw the SJA episodes yesterday. And Elizabeth Sladen, Matt Smith and Katy Manning are all brilliant in it.

Being a 40 year old fanboy, I thought it was a great yarn with nice touches for the old timers like myself. On a completely different level, my 8 year old son thought the whole thing brilliant as well. So, well done RTD
kembel
kembel

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 pm

I was amazed at the way Katy just seemed to step back into being Jo as though she's only left the part yesterday.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by felneymike Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Oops, SJA is back on again? I need to buy some DVD's, i only seem capable of seeing every other episode of every other series, and even then i miss the starts.

felneymike

Back to top Go down

Post by felneymike Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Mind you it's probably on when i'm at work now. They ought to repeat it later on in the day. It's not like there's anything else on

felneymike

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Well, it's on CBBC on Mondays and Tuesdays at 5.15, repeated Wednesdays and Thursdays on BBC2 at 4.30, so they're at least trying. To be fair, repeating a childrens show after the watershed might be seen as slightly at odds with the spirit of the thing.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kembel Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:15 am

Yeah, it's aimed squarely at kids, and my 8 year old loves it to bits. It's by far his favourite tv programme yet I always make a point of recording it and then watching it together, as I wouldn't miss it for the world either!!!

This 4th series has been great so far. the fist two parter, The Nightmare Man' was a really creepy scary yarn that could easily have been broadcast later in the day and not looked out of place. Quite adult in places. And this last 'Death of the Doctor' two parter just ticked all the boxes for us both. My son just loves Matt Smith, as with Tennant before him, and I got all my fanboy nostalgic kicks out of the occassional 'flashback' scenes with T baker and Pertwee, and seeing Sarah Jane Smith and Jo Grant comparing notes on the planet of Peladon!!

Lovely stuff.
kembel
kembel

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:32 am

What with this, and the appearance of the Brigadier a couple of years ago, it sometimes feels like Sarah Jane Adventures has closer links to the old series than new Who does.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2