The Lodger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lodger

Post by tony ingram on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:59 am

I've been hearing people bitterly bemoaning the fact that this James Corden bloke (who I was only vaguely aware of) was going to be appearing in Who for weeks. As it turned out, I rather liked him. Quite a funny episode, I thought.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lodger

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:22 am

I thought it was a really good episode. 9/10.

Lucy McGough

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 am

The only minor quibble I had was, why wasn't there a bloody great hole in the roof where the fake staircase was? And what actually occupied the space where the staircase seemed to be?

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBF on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:29 am

I was watching the footie and happened to flick over to see that 'flavour of the month' bloke from that comedy (sorry- I don't know his name or the show he was in! - James Corder is it?) talking with the good ol' doc...I thought I was on the wrong channel! Maybe the Doctor could take our goalie back in time and show him he needs to get his body behind the ball...

GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 am

GBF wrote:I was watching the footie and happened to flick over to see that 'flavour of the month' bloke from that comedy (sorry- I don't know his name or the show he was in! - James Corder is it?) talking with the good ol' doc...I thought I was on the wrong channel! Maybe the Doctor could take our goalie back in time and show him he needs to get his body behind the ball...
Judging by this episode, what England really need is the Doctor on the team! Pity you missed that bit-you'd have liked it. Did you know Matt Smith was once nearly a professional footballer? He played for the youth teams at Leicester City, Nottingham Forest and Northampton Town, but had to quit due to injury.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hourglass on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

I thought the whole ep was stupid.

Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:55 am

Why?

Lucy McGough

Back to top Go down

Post by Hourglass on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

1. No reason for the doctor to act the way he does. He's lived on earth before.
2. Cacktastic solution: Love stops rouge Tardis from distroying the world.
3. Doctor wasn't so concerned it was a Tardi

Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 am

Hourglass wrote:1. No reason for the doctor to act the way he does. He's lived on earth before.
2. Cacktastic solution: Love stops rouge Tardis from distroying the world.
3. Doctor wasn't so concerned it was a Tardi
It wasn't a TARDIS. He states that 'someone's been trying to build a TARDIS', not that it is a TARDIS.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

1) He's not the most mentally stable person in the cosmos. He forgets things. And his brain goes a bit weird after regeneration.

2) Better than the resolution to a lot of classic series stories, including 'Terror of the Autons'. Doctor: "You can't trust the Nestenes! They will turn against you!" Master: "Oh, okay." *helps Doctor wipe out the Nestenes* WTF?

3) Fat lady hasn't sung yet. Wait until the finale is over.

Lucy McGough

Back to top Go down

Post by felneymike on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:50 pm

A single part finale then? Bold move... unless it's going to keep us hanging til Christmas!

Hands up who thought from last weeks (well for me more like 2 weeks, as i was at Download on Saturday and only watched it tonight) trailer that it was going to be a cyber conversion unit up there, and that the cracks were just a way into "Pete's world"?

Also seemingly another first doctor reference? That was a very Hartnell-esque painting in the hall, alibiet with black hair. Is this going somewhere? There seems to be so many themes appearing and vanishing in this series (cracks, the silence, river song, hartnell...) that it's anybody's guess.

Speaking of which, a lot of past enemy cameos in the finale too by the look of it... are they really there or are they a hallicination/"test" created by something? (Or maybe somebody's been reading The Ten Doctors)

felneymike

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Still two episodes to go Mike, and the indications are it's going to be epic. I don't think there was ever any prospect of Pete's World reappearing, as Moffat seems to have deliberately distanced this year from the last five.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by felneymike on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah i misunderstandimated the number of remaining episodes XD. The cracks and prospect of cyber conversions in people's houses, plus the new-style cyberman from the trailer made me think it was going to be something predictable like that... but as it's more likely to be hallucinated or mind-created enemies from the past now the predictions are right out of the window. Which is a good thing!

felneymike

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Not long to go, now-and some of the rumours floating around are becoming more outrageous by the hour...

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top