Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece.

3 posters

Go down

Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece. Empty Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece.

Post by alanultron5 Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Over its 15 issues, Crikey has covered many aspects of Horror strips from the 1950s gruesome monthlies to `fun horror` characters by John Devaney!

However! There is a gap which could be filled in this genre by Crikey! Namely the supernatural anthology strips, "Cursitor Doom" & "Maxwell Hawke"

The `Cursitor Doom` strip ran- I think, 1969 to 1971 first in `Smash` then in `Valient & Smash` the strip has featured in a couple of Crikey issues but not in a major article devoted soley to it!

The `Maxwell Hawke` strip which ran 1960 to 1966 in `Buster` comic, hasn't had a mention yet-far as I know! It really is a `lost classic`

Maybe in a future Crikey these two outstanding supernatural anthology strips will receive an article devoted to them! I would like to see one if possible!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece. Empty Re: Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece.

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Those are actually both very good suggestions. Cursitor Doom is a strip I remember very fondly. We shall see...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece. Empty Re: Subject suggestion for `Crikey` piece.

Post by MLP* Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:10 am

I think Cursitor Doom was covered by the Judge Dredd Megazine a while back when the Bear Alley collection was being released.
MLP*
MLP*

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:01 am

MLP* wrote:I think Cursitor Doom was covered by the Judge Dredd Megazine a while back when the Bear Alley collection was being released.
I must have missed that one.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:03 am

The `Cursitor Doom` strip is fondly remembered by many comic fans! `Maxwell Hawke` is something (as I mentioned in my first posting) something of a `lost classic` What memories I have of it-is that it was very scary indeed! Along with televisions "Mystery and Imagination" series, the Maxwell Hawke strip actually caused me nightmares! Buster comic was ,I think, a strange choice to put such a hard hitting strip in; in fact I always believed, until recently corrected, that it was in `Valiant`

Yes! I really think many comic fans of today would be pleasently surprised at just how good `Cursitor Doom` and `Maxwell Hawke` were! Here's hoping Crikey might be able to do them justice in some future issue!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:58 am

We'll look into it Alan, and see what we can come up with!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down