Wonder Woman

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wonder Woman

Post by Mbast1 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:No internet either Sad

No internet. No DVDs of old shows to watch, no VHS either (unless you were rich), healthcare was worse, you had to go home to make calls. You couldn't order books, comics and magazines as easily as you do now, or sometimes find things at all.
I have in my pocket (most of the time) a small computer which can take photos, make calls, play music and videos, check my bank account, the weather, send texts, read books or magazines, play videos I can't find anywhere else (Youtube in particular), listen to podcasts, store notes and plenty of health apps.
My car has more to it, in that I can listen to MP3s in the car, satellite radio (if I wanted), better gas mileage and cleaner emissions.
And that's just off the top of my head. PLENTY more.

There were some definite things I think were better in the 1970s (for example, and I think this is a leftover from the 1960s, there was a definite attempt at dealing with races and cultures intelligently that I think in the post-Reagan era is gone) but mostly I think now is measurably better. Or, at least not worse.

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Re: Wonder Woman

Post by Lucy McGough on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:17 pm

I agree.

Lucy McGough

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top