The Doctor's Wife

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Sexy! How Did You Rate The Doctor's Wife?

50% 50% 
[ 3 ]
17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
16% 16% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 6

The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 pm

OK, so what did everybody think?
My personal feeling: can we get Neil gaiman to write every episode, please? I mean, every episode of everything. Including the Shipping Forecast...

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 am

I agree.

Lucy McGough

Posts : 2125
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 28
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by codywillis1 on Sun May 15, 2011 10:25 am

A vast improvement on the rum start to the season.

codywillis1

Posts : 386
Join date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Sun May 15, 2011 12:06 pm

codywillis1 wrote:A vast improvement on the rum start to the season.
High praise indeed, from you Cody! Very Happy

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun May 15, 2011 1:33 pm

And Rory died again! Yay! Very Happy

Lucy McGough

Posts : 2125
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 28
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Sun May 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:And Rory died again! Yay! Very Happy
I want a t-shirt with 'Oh My God, They Killed Rory!' on it.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by felneymike on Sun May 15, 2011 2:44 pm

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

...though that T-shirt is a good idea. I'd make one for the MCM expo if I didn't need to wear something else

felneymike

Posts : 237
Join date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Sun May 15, 2011 2:52 pm

felneymike wrote:WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?
It was about 42 minutes.


...though that T-shirt is a good idea. I'd make one for the MCM expo if I didn't need to wear something else
Well, I would obviously wear something else with the t-shirt.

Trousers of some sort, probably.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by GBF on Sun May 15, 2011 6:02 pm

It was like Coronation Street meets Raiders meets Edward Scissorhands meets the guy in the ad who has many voices meets the bird who I can't remember what she appeared in. I voted 'average' - and that's because of the name 'Neil Gaiman' on it. It wasn't the best, really, was it? The whole show doesn't seem to go anywhere and I'm really fed up of seeing those aliens with spaghetti hanging out of their mouths. When are the Daleks arriving??!! Arrow

GBF

Posts : 426
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 61
Location : Iapetus

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Hopefully not anytime soon-to be honest, I'm thoroughly sick of Daleks. we've had them every years since 2005!Tom Baker's era is still held up as one of the greatest in the series' history, and how many times did he meet the Daleks? Twice. In seven years. I'm with you on the Ood, though-I'm tired of them, too.

You're still totally wroing about this one, though-great episode. Totally unlike anything the show has ever done before. I would've thought someone from your part of the world, Glenn, would automatically love anything that reminded you of Corrie (there was a definite Ken Barlow vibe coming from Uncle, I think). Razz

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 pm

tony ingram wrote:Well, I would obviously wear something else with the t-shirt.

Trousers of some sort, probably.
You wouldn't need to if the trousers were long enough.

Lucy McGough

Posts : 2125
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 28
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by GBF on Sun May 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Just because 'The Street' (as it's known up here - 'Corrie' is a Darn Sarf name) is filmed in Salford (about 12 miles from me) and the fact that I wrote and produced the Street's Magazine way back when, doesn't mean we all like it. Did you know, of all the current cast, only Michael le Vell (Kevin) is actually from the area (Eccles)? Most of the actors are from Yorkshire and should therefore be in Emmerdale. The Street connection was not 'Uncle' and Ken Barlow - it was the gorgeous Suran Jones, acting rather well as Scissorhands/Elsa Lanchester. But what the f*ck it was all about is anybody's business. Was she his wife?

GBF

Posts : 426
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 61
Location : Iapetus

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 pm

GBF wrote:Just because 'The Street' (as it's known up here - 'Corrie' is a Darn Sarf name) is filmed in Salford (about 12 miles from me) and the fact that I wrote and produced the Street's Magazine way back when, doesn't mean we all like it. Did you know, of all the current cast, only Michael le Vell (Kevin) is actually from the area (Eccles)? Most of the actors are from Yorkshire and should therefore be in Emmerdale. The Street connection was not 'Uncle' and Ken Barlow - it was the gorgeous Suran Jones, acting rather well as Scissorhands/Elsa Lanchester. But what the f*ck it was all about is anybody's business. Was she his wife?
Er, she was the TARDIS stuck in a human body. As was explained in an awful lot of the dialogue. Which was kind of the point of the entire episode.

So yes, she was kind of his wife. Because the one real love of the Doctor's life, his constant lifelong companion, is the TARDIS. We've always been told it/she was alive, but have never before gotten to see her/its point of view, because she couldn't communicate with us poor three dimensional beings.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by Lucy McGough on Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 am

And when she finally could, it was so sad Sad

Lucy McGough

Posts : 2125
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 28
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by GBF on Mon May 16, 2011 8:49 am

Er - so she wasn't REALLY his wife then, was she. But why all the sadness from Ninestein - he got her back!! Was he pissed off because he wanted to shag her?

GBF

Posts : 426
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 61
Location : Iapetus

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 am

The title was more metaphorical than literal, I think. And he was upset because after 700 years, he'd finally gotten to communicate with her and was now losing the opportunity. Have you no soul? pale

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by codywillis1 on Mon May 16, 2011 10:07 am

I think the "metaphorical" nature of the title is just an excuse, really. It's really there for 2 reasons

1) To be all clever clever in-jokey with the fake title JNT devised, and

b) to wind up the fans (a particular hobby with Nu Who - the writers wanting to show they're "cooler" than other fans). Wink

codywillis1

Posts : 386
Join date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Mon May 16, 2011 10:15 am

There's no real difference between 'The Doctor's Wife' and 'the Next Doctor' (which didn't feature the next Doctor) or 'The Doctor's Daughter' (which didn't feature his daughter). I think they're just to intrigue and pull the audience in.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by GBF on Mon May 16, 2011 12:08 pm

I'd replace 'intrigue' "Deception". Maybe to combat already falling viewing figures? Tony - you don't want the Daleks and I see your point...but they are the best thing in the whole 50 years of the Doctor. That said, the current writers/producers have tried to make their mark by redesigning them in that 'fat' mode. Bring 'em back with that wire mesh around their middles!!

GBF

Posts : 426
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 61
Location : Iapetus

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Mon May 16, 2011 12:17 pm

The viewing figures are still very healthy. The overnights are down, but overnights are increasingly irrelevant-the final figures generally seem to see a consistent increase of about 1.5 million on the overnights anyway, usually evening out at about the seven million mark which compares well to previous years (in fact, it's a bit higher than the figures David Tennant was getting in his second year) and Doctor Who is consistently the most watched programme outside of the inevitable soaps, the inexplicably popular Britain's Got Talent and special programmes like Eurovision. The AI tends to still be in the 80s, which is also pretty healthy.

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by GBF on Mon May 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Waddaya mean 'the inexplicably popular Britain's Got Talent and special programmes like Eurovision'?? Talent is brilliant! And the Hoff! And the idiot MacKintyre (who's star has suddenly risen). These programmes are the future - any Doctor will tell you that!!! I mean, why fly through time and space for adventures on other planets when you can watch some silly cow flashing her chest (even though they cover them with flags)?!?! Really - I'm surprised at you, Ingram...I bet you liked Knight Rider though...

GBF

Posts : 426
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 61
Location : Iapetus

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by tony ingram on Mon May 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Well, I liked the car. I could've done with the Hoff (though I am curiously fond of his awful Nick Fury movie).

tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 46
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by THEDRUNKENMASTERTWO on Wed May 18, 2011 7:12 am

it was absolutely brilliant as Tony said get Neil to write everything. though if he wrote everything his standards would drop.

THEDRUNKENMASTERTWO

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Doctor's Wife

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:58 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum