Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question About the Cybermen

2 posters

Go down

Question About the Cybermen Empty Question About the Cybermen

Post by tony ingram Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:04 am

Something about Closing Time and, before that, The Pandorica Opens has got me thinking; what exactly is going on with the Cybermen these days? In the old series, they were humans who had converted most of their bodies into bionics. RTD's parallel universe Cybermen then turned up, and were basically disembodied brains placed inside robots. But this latest bunch actually seem to be robot suits which forcibly encase entire humans! How does that work? And given that the Cyberman in The Pandorica Opens seemed to have bionic arms and just a skull inside the helmet, could it be that they surround complerte humans and then just gradually replace the human parts as they wear out until only a skull is left? What exactly are these latest Cybermen? And why do they look like the alternate universe ones when they're clearly not meant to be them?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Question About the Cybermen Empty Re: Question About the Cybermen

Post by alanultron5 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Have you listened to the `Blue Tooth` CD Tony? On that a really innovative new mode of creating Cybermen -which I really think the show might do well to try one day- is presented!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:18 pm

I haven't heard that one, but I'll check it out!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I thought it a nice development that the Cybermen could take in the series itself. We discussed in another thread how the Cybermen seem at a bit of a `Cul-De-Sac` in Dr Who just now! I think the story in `Blue Tooth` rather innovative.

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down