Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by Lucy McGough on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Mmmmm. Batwoman.

...sorry, what were we talking about?
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:25 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:What was wrong with the original Nocturna? Mad 
Well, that mess with Jason wondering if she was his mother, for one thing . . .
I really liked that whole run. At least Jason was moderately interesting then (which he never was again).
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:What was wrong with the original Nocturna? Mad 
Well, that mess with Jason wondering if she was his mother, for one thing . . .
I really liked that whole run. At least Jason was moderately interesting then (which he never was again).
The only problem with pre-CoIE Jason was they made him too much of a clueless Dick-clone without any real personality of his own.
(Then after CoIE you got whiplash trying to follow how drastically they TOTALLY reversed that direction.)
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Juvenile Delinquent Jason version II was one of the worst post-Crisis changes, in my opinion. I hated the little git.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:46 am

tony ingram wrote:Juvenile Delinquent Jason version II was one of the worst post-Crisis changes, in my opinion. I hated the little git.
Well, I guess he got what he deserved.

avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:18 am

We in the UK didn't get a vote. But if we had, I'd have voted 'death'.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:11 pm

tony ingram wrote:We in the UK didn't get a vote. But if we had, I'd have voted 'death'.
Bang, bang, Joker's silver crowbar
Came down upon his head
Bang, bang, Joker's silver crowbar
Made sure that he was dead


avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

I worry about you sometimes, Major.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by Lucy McGough on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Me too an' all.
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:26 pm

tony ingram wrote:I worry about you sometimes, Major.
Lucy McGough wrote:Me too an' all.
Why? I'm just your normal demented comic book reader . . .
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:28 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I worry about you sometimes, Major.
Lucy McGough wrote:Me too an' all.
Why? I'm just your normal demented comic book reader . . .
Well, the demented bit sounds about right, but... Razz
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am

By the way, under the New52, Kate Kane's Batwoman series made it to issue #40 when it was cancelled.



Her Rebirth book, however, will have its final issue with #18 (due out in August 2018).

Batwoman #18
Spoiler:
It’s the series finale, and there’s a lot of drama to resolve for Kate Kane, both in and out of costume. As Batwoman, she teams with Renee Montoya to thwart Clock King’s latest time-bending enterprise: selling a drug that allows criminals to know if their crime will be successful—before it’s committed. But Batwoman’s facing a quandary to boot: Take this drug off the street, or use it herself to stop crime? The only fight tougher is the personal one: Should Kate and Renee give their relationship another chance?

FINAL ISSUE
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batwoman-2017/batwoman-18
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 am

I didn't know they were cancelling Batwoman! I've been enjoying that book... Crying or Very sad
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:55 am

tony ingram wrote:I didn't know they were cancelling Batwoman! I've been enjoying that book... Crying or Very sad
Well, individual issue sales through Diamond to US comic book shops have been less than encouraging.
* Feb. 2018 = 131st - BATWOMAN #12 - 16,228 copies
* March 2018 = 128th - BATWOMAN #13 - 16,587 copies
* April 2018 = 138th - BATWOMAN #14 - 15,560 copies

avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by Lucy McGough on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 am

Spoiler:
C'est la vie. I hope the series ends with Kate and Renee becoming a couple again. Kate seemed to spend most of her series moaning and moping about her love life. Honestly, she was worse than Jim Gordon in Gotham. Like, just pick a woman and stick with her! (A nice, reliable, kind woman, rather than someone who turns out to be a wrong'un or dangerously unhinged.) How hard can it be?
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:44 am

Lucy McGough wrote:
Spoiler:
C'est la vie. I hope the series ends with Kate and Renee becoming a couple again. Kate seemed to spend most of her series moaning and moping about her love life. Honestly, she was worse than Jim Gordon in Gotham. Like, just pick a woman and stick with her! (A nice, reliable, kind woman, rather than someone who turns out to be a wrong'un or dangerously unhinged.) How hard can it be?
These people live in Gotham. nobody matches your description.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by tony ingram on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:45 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I didn't know they were cancelling Batwoman! I've been enjoying that book... Crying or Very sad
Well, individual issue sales through Diamond to US comic book shops have been less than encouraging.
* Feb. 2018 = 131st - BATWOMAN #12 - 16,228 copies
* March 2018 = 128th - BATWOMAN #13 - 16,587 copies
* April 2018 = 138th - BATWOMAN #14 - 15,560 copies
 
Sad. It deserved to do better. Maybe they'll relaunch it when the new Batwoman TV show arrives...
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6320
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:
Spoiler:
C'est la vie. I hope the series ends with Kate and Renee becoming a couple again. Kate seemed to spend most of her series moaning and moping about her love life. Honestly, she was worse than Jim Gordon in Gotham. Like, just pick a woman and stick with her! (A nice, reliable, kind woman, rather than someone who turns out to be a wrong'un or dangerously unhinged.) How hard can it be?
"How hard can it be?" depends on who's doing the writing . . .
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:25 am

tony ingram wrote:These people live in Gotham. nobody matches your description.
Ah. Yes. Good point Embarassed
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Batwoman (Kate Kane)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum