Re: Steed & Mrs Peel from BOOM! Studios.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Steed & Mrs Peel from BOOM! Studios.

Post by MLP* on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Yes, it's the other Avengers. Razz

Enjoyed issue # 1.
Rather cheekily it doesn't really say anywhere that this a reprint !

The artwork will be a bit Marmite I suspect. Ian Gibson is a legend of 2000AD but I wonder if some people would have preferred a more "realistic" art style ? He does do nice caricatures of Steed, Mrs Peel and Tara King though and his female characters are all very curvy. Smile

Morrison captures the tone of the series very well although the dialogue seems a bit off in places.

MLP*

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Steed & Mrs Peel from BOOM! Studios.

Post by freedumbdclxvi on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:13 am

i picked this up, but i hadn't read it yet. i haven't watched a lot of avengers episodes, but grant's enough to get me to pick it up.

once i read it, i'll be back to comment more!

freedumbdclxvi

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 am

Finally picked mine up on Friday, but I've yet to read it. Love the art, though...

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesShark on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:38 pm

I was kind of suprised when this re-appeared, and assumed it would be a collected edition. Sadly not to be, though I'm glad it's back in publication for those who didn't pick it up the first time round as it's a lot of fun.

I think it's one of Morrison's best pieces (I'm not a huge fan of most of his output). Ian Gibson really put himself out there for the first two issues. Sad to say the thrid issue has a very typical Gibson flaw - the looming deadline as his pencils get quicker and looser.

Last edited by BluesShark on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

BluesShark

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:45 pm

I think Morrison is better when, as here, there are some constraints on his imagination, when the subjec t matter itself eins in the wilder excesses of his imagination. I also think he is at his best when he's not doing superheroes, so it's probably not surprising that I liked this. Though there have been better Avengers adaptations...

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MLP* on Tue May 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Looks like some original comics may be on the way :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/news/a382849/boom-teases-mark-waid-british-avengers-comic.html

MLP*

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Sounds worth checking out! Mrs Peel-you're needed!

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MLP* on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Issue #0 arrived today. A pretty decent stab at trying to capture the style of the Emma Peel colour series in a comic book.
The characters don't look much like the actors but that may be a licencing thing more than anything.

MLP*

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 pm

MLP* wrote:Issue #0 arrived today. A pretty decent stab at trying to capture the style of the Emma Peel colour series in a comic book.
The characters don't look much like the actors but that may be a licencing thing more than anything.
I think it almost certainly is (remember when Marvel had to have their adaptation of Planet of the Apes partially redrawn so that Taylor no longer looked like Charlton Heston?). I'll be picking up my copy on Friday, anyway, so I look forward to seeing what they've done with the property...

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top