Billy Batson in The New 52

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Billy Batson in The New 52

Post by Sam_Vimes on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:45 am

I'd like to share my initial thoughts on Justice League's back-up story this month, "Shazam!", but since those were primarily curse words I'll share my follow-up thoughts instead. You know, the ones I was able to form once I'd stopped seeing red. There will be a minor spoiler, I suppose, but it only spoils the "joke" of the story. Fair warning.

Okay, so what was the "joke"? Apparently, after several pages of acting like himself, it is revealed that Billy is putting on an act. He's actually an angry little brat and the head of the orphanage hates him for it. HA! Apparently he's been kicked out of several foster homes already because he's so unbearable. HA HA! In fact, Billy Batson, who was once the sweetest kid in comics, is now Junior from "Problem Child" but with SUPERPOWERS!!! HA HA HA!!! Hilarious! That rug pull was SO worth the destruction of a character that DC shouldn't even be in possession of anyway! Right? Right?!?!

Thoughts?

Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Re: Billy Batson in The New 52

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:Thoughts?

I don't know, it sounds as though he's being written for the people the writer thinks will buy. Judging by much of popular culture, that may be correct.
Sounds like a deplorable kid though.

Last edited by Mbast1 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

You're probably right about the motivation behind this, but it's still a shame. I mean, aren't our heroes supposed to inspire US, not the other way around?

Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't see much that's inspirational in any of the rebooted DC heroes. Even Superman is no longer someone you'd really want to be around. I guess old fashioned heroism is considered uncool these days.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:04 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I mean, aren't our heroes supposed to inspire US, not the other way around?

No, apparently not. They're just supposed to sell. Boring as that makes them.

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 am

As a great man once said "no more heroes anymore". Lyrics with a sad truth to them. Crying or Very sad

Of course, he also said "walking on the beaches looking at the peaches", which admittedly has slightly less relevance to the subject currently under discussion...

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top