Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1)

+2
Sandhopper
tony ingram
6 posters

Go down

Favourite Humour Titles Part 1: DC Thomson

01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_lcap38%01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_lcap0%01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_lcap25%01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_lcap0%01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_lcap37%01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Empty 01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1)

Post by tony ingram Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:47 pm

I thought it would be fun to find out which of the host of comic titles that have enthralled us over the years is the most highly regarded. Since there have been so many, I thought I'd divide it into sections. Each category will be up for 90 days, at the end of which I'll collate the votes and place the highest scorers in each category into a single poll to determine the overall winner. Feel free to attempt to influence voting by canvassing for your title of choice. Categories will be: DC Thomson humour, IPC/Odhams humour, War, Adventure/Sport, Girls, Science Fiction/TV Tie-in and Foreign reprint titles.

First up, obviously, is DCT humour, since after all, without DCT, we likely wouldn't have a comics industry...

And for me, I'm afraid there's no question: I loved both Topper and Sparky, but I have to go for the granddaddy of them all, the venerable Dandy!

Last edited by tony ingram on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Empty Re: 01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1)

Post by Sandhopper Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 am

Okay - I'll give it a go.

This one was going to be a tossup between The Beano and The Dandy, because although I never got any of these regularly - indeed, I don't know anything on this list beyond The Topper - I'm sure I had those ones bought for me on occasion and I know lots of their characters...

But Oor Wullie or The Broons..? If they're allowed I might tick "other".
Sandhopper
Sandhopper

Back to top Go down

01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1) Empty Re: 01 Your All Time Favourite Comic: a Poll (Humour titles part 1)

Post by tony ingram Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 am

Sandhopper wrote:Okay - I'll give it a go.

This one was going to be a tossup between The Beano and The Dandy, because although I never got any of these regularly - indeed, I don't know anything on this list beyond The Topper - I'm sure I had those ones bought for me on occasion and I know lots of their characters...

But Oor Wullie or The Broons..? If they're allowed I might tick "other".
Damn, I knew if I left off The Broons, someone would mention them! Have to admit, I'm not overly familiar with them, being a southerner...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hourglass Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:22 am

Has to be the Beano. Ones childhood would not be complete without years upon years of reading this delightful publication.
Hourglass
Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandhopper Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:15 pm

tony ingram wrote:Damn, I knew if I left off The Broons, someone would mention them! Have to admit, I'm not overly familiar with them, being a southerner...
I'm a southerner to Oor Wullie and The Broons! But I used to get one or the other - and that's how they were issued - each year, so my vote goes to one or the other.

The Broons at a push, because I really liked their unique way of storing porridge.
Sandhopper
Sandhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiff_B Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 am

Sparky for me. Easy choice.
Spiff_B
Spiff_B

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 am

I've just realised I somehow managed to omit Beezer!
Though given that nobody seems to have mentioned it anyway...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Horton Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi Tony,

Where's the category for newspaper strips? There are some good contenders;
Andy Capp, The Fosdyke Saga, Garth, James Bond, Fred Basset, George and Lynn etc.
...and ,of course, The Perishers.

Mel Horton

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Mel Horton wrote:Hi Tony,

Where's the category for newspaper strips? There are some good contenders;
Andy Capp, The Fosdyke Saga, Garth, James Bond, Fred Basset, George and Lynn etc.
...and ,of course, The Perishers.
Good point, Mel-I'll add one (tomorrow)!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kembel Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Well, for me it has to be The Beezer. the 1974 Annual was the funniest thing ever to these then young eyes, with Colonel Blink, the Badd Lads and, in particular, the genius that is The Numbskulls all leaving a great impression.

Dandy and Beano a very close second and third respectively.
kembel
kembel

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:24 pm

The Badd Lads was a strip I enjoyed, too. Likewise Colonel Blink, though I always preferred Ken Reid's The Nervs to The Numskulls.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down