The (now even) Higher Cost of D&D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The (now even) Higher Cost of D&D

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:34 pm

I happened to be walking by the section in Barnes & Noble the other day where they had the D&D stuff.  I haven't played the game in decades, but out of curiosity, I stopped to see what the latest Player's Handbook looked like.

Then I turned it over to check the price: $49.95 (US)

Shocked

Yes, you can find it for less on the internet, but . . . nearly $50.00 seemed a bit . . . steep to me, especially since I was in high school back when I bought my first Player's Handbook for maybe $15.00 (US) or so (which was a bit expensive then, too).

I wonder how old the average D&D player would be these days.

(And by the way, how popular was Dungeons & Dragons over in the UK back in the day? Or was there an equivalent role-playing fantasy game that was more popular overseas from us in the US?)

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Re: The (now even) Higher Cost of D&D

Post by Sam_Vimes on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:20 pm

My wife and I play 3.5 still, because we finally just got all the books and I am not paying them a couple hundred dollars to "upgrade". We also don't really play it very much, so that's probably a factor.

As for the average age, the only people I know who play it are between 25 and 40. Those numbers used to be ten less each, but those people have since gotten older.

Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Then I turned it over to check the price: $49.95 (US)

I wonder how old the average D&D player would be these days.

I have some friends who've played D&D for over 30 years, and pretty much every other game system there is. That price, from all I've seen, isn't that much. Relative to other things out there.

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top