Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingsman/Secret Service

2 posters

Go down

Kingsman/Secret Service Empty Kingsman/Secret Service

Post by Mbast1 Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:17 pm

I don't know if anyone has read Mark Millar's Secret Service mini-series (The movie is called Kingsman, I think). I read most of it (skimmed parts, boring) and thought it was interesting, but only in terms of structure. It was predictable, but because it used a very classic structure.
Spoiler:
I just thought it was interesting, in part because I didn't think Millar would use such a classic structure, and in part because the movie trailer looked awful.
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Kingsman/Secret Service Empty Re: Kingsman/Secret Service

Post by tony ingram Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

I read parts of it when it was serialised in CLiNT, but I cant say I was impressed. Then again, I'm rarely impressed by anything Millar produces. Actually, "rarely" probably isn't the right word. I think I meant "never".
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 pm

tony ingram wrote:I read parts of it when it was serialised in CLiNT, but I cant say I was impressed. Then again, I'm rarely impressed by anything Millar produces. Actually, "rarely" probably isn't the right word. I think I meant "never".

I like some of Millar's work (Wanted was good, and his run on Swamp Thing was fun) but I'm not a huge fan. I wasn't impressed, I just thought it was interesting that he'd use so clearly classical a structure to the story-telling.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:13 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I read parts of it when it was serialised in CLiNT, but I cant say I was impressed. Then again, I'm rarely impressed by anything Millar produces. Actually, "rarely" probably isn't the right word. I think I meant "never".

I like some of Millar's work (Wanted was good, and his run on Swamp Thing was fun) but I'm not a huge fan. I wasn't impressed, I just thought it was interesting that he'd use so clearly classical a structure to the story-telling.
I think that probably indicates plagiarism rather than an artistic choice...

(Sorry, that was probably rather petty, but I really can't express how much I detest Mark Millar's work)
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down