Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actors who could play comic characters

5 posters

Go down

Actors who could play comic characters Empty Actors who could play comic characters

Post by Hourglass Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Following on from a the DWM thread where Tony and I discussed who could play Aslom Daak, sighting "The Rock" as a possible choice, I thought I'd start a thread that handles this type of subject.

So which actors do you feel are possible candidates to play your favorite villians.

One suggestion I felt, and please dont laugh, is Stephen Fry to play Sinister from XMen. I just feel his profound way in speaking, and now his slimmer look, could really pull off the character well.
Hourglass
Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Actors who could play comic characters Empty Re: Actors who could play comic characters

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Hourglass wrote:Following on from a the DWM thread where Tony and I discussed who could play Aslom Daak, sighting "The Rock" as a possible choice, I thought I'd start a thread that handles this type of subject.

So which actors do you feel are possible candidates to play your favorite villians.

One suggestion I felt, and please dont laugh, is Stephen Fry to play Sinister from XMen. I just feel his profound way in speaking, and now his slimmer look, could really pull off the character well.
I know Stephen has lost a lot of weight, but Sinister is almost anorexic! I always think of Steve as more your classic Bond villain, a future Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Johnny Depp could play Sinister, though. He looks the part.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Actors who could play comic characters Empty Re: Actors who could play comic characters

Post by GBF Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Stephen Fry as Blofeld? No wonder I never watch Bond films. Fry? Madness...sorry, I laughed.
GBF
GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:53 pm

GBF wrote:Stephen Fry as Blofeld? No wonder I never watch Bond films. Fry? Madness...sorry, I laughed.
Well, thinking about it, Stephen's apparent aversion to stroking pussies might disqualify him, I suppose...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBF Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Now that IS funny...!!!
GBF
GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MR X Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

maybe if Mr Fry tried it, he might like it........
MR X
MR X

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:49 pm

JUST FOR FUN!! If the `impossibility` of an "I. Spy" film could have been proposed in the early 70s then I would think musician Acker Bilk would have made a great Mr X and Jack Nicholson for Mastermind! Spike Milligan a formidible Mahairee Yogi and Richard Wattiss as Boss Spy!

Irene Handle as Granny Spy with actor Colin Farrell as Cammy Flage! For Mr Tempest -the actor who played Dr Zarroff in DR Who's "The Underwater Menace" (Can't recall his name! drat!) He was also in very first Callan ep "A Magnum for Schneider" He's be a great Mr Tempest! Very Happy Very Happy Smile Wink

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Joseph Furst was the guy who played Zaroff, surely the villain responsible for Doctor Who's best ever cliffhanger ('Nuzzink in ze vorld can shtop me noooow!!!')

But...Acker Bilk? Really? Shocked
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Thats him! Joseph Furst! Such underplaying in Dr Who Wink Acker Bilk! Aye lad!! He and Mr X surely seperated at Birth!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:41 pm

alanultron5 wrote:Thats him! Joseph Furst! Such underplaying in Dr Who Wink Acker Bilk! Aye lad!! He and Mr X surely seperated at Birth!
Looking at a picture of him, Acker reminds me more of Pa Angel...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:50 pm

We'd best hope that Rab don't read any of this! The thought of Acker Bilk playing Mr X in a movie, I reckon would have him in tears!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 pm

alanultron5 wrote:We'd best hope that Rab don't read any of this! The thought of Acker Bilk playing Mr X in a movie, I reckon would have him in tears!
It very nearly had me in tears... Shocked
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down