DC's Convergence: Week Four

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DC's Convergence: Week Four

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Well, even Tony may be buying more DC titles this Spring. Twisted Evil

DC is relocating their offices from the East Coast (New York) to the West Coast (California), which is a major cross-country undertaking here in the US. Duting the months of April and May, they won't be publishing any of their regular New 52 titles, but instead will have a special two-month event.

And during the fourth weeks of Convergence, DC will be revisiting some pre-Crisis on Infinite Earth concepts (with a twist).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57452

A few of them are to follow.

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Re: DC's Convergence: Week Four

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 pm

PRE-CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, Earth 2
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
Writer: Dan Abnett
Artists: Tom Derenick and Trevor Scott
Colorist: Monica Kubina
Older and in full retirement under the dome, members of the Justice Society get the chance to regain their youths to stave off forces from the Qward Universe. But the promise of youth comes with a deadly price.

INFINITY INC.
Writer: Jerry Ordway
Artist: Ben Caldwell
Colorist: Jordie Bellaire
The young heroes of Infinity Inc. must choose between the path set for them by their parents or the one they’ve set for themselves as they face post-apocalyptic Jonah Hex.

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:48 pm

ACTION COMICS
Writer: Justin Gray
Artists: Claude St-Aubin and Sean Parsons
Colorist: Lovern Kindzierski
Superman teams up with Power Girl, but can they stop a nuclear strike from Lex Luthor and Stalin of Red Son Moscow?

DETECTIVE COMICS
Writer: Len Wein
Artists: Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz
Colorist: Felix Serrano
Helena Wayne and Dick Grayson fight side by side in memory of Bruce Wayne as they decide who will become the next Batman.

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:50 pm

WORLD’S FINEST COMICS
Writer: Paul Levitz
Artists: Jim Fern and Joe Rubinstein with cartoons by Shannon Wheeler
Colorist: Paul Mounts
The Seven Soldiers of Victory regroup to defend their city against the Qward invasion, while cartoonist Scribbly Jibbet transcribes their adventures.

PRE-CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, EARTH X
PLASTIC MAN AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS
Writer: Simon Oliver
Artist: John McCrea
Colorist: John Kalisz
Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters are on the gallows in a New York taken over by Nazis, when robot super-heroes attack from Futures End and enemies become allies.

PRE-CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, EARTH S
SHAZAM
Writer: Jeff Parker
Artist: Evan “Doc” Shaner
Colorist: Jordie Bellaire
It’s Shazam versus Steampunk, as the world of Gotham By Gaslight takes on the Captain Marvel family and friends.

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:36 pm

Obviously, I'm not going to be able to resist these: the JSA and the Freedom Fighters were the characters that made me a DC fan in the first place. But I'm dreading the thought that they may only be back for one month and then consigned to limbo again for the forseeable future. I really hope DC don't screw this up.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:42 pm

tony ingram wrote:Obviously, I'm not going to be able to resist these: the JSA and the Freedom Fighters were the characters that made me a DC fan in the first place. But I'm dreading the thought that they may only be back for one month and then consigned to limbo again for the forseeable future. I really hope DC don't screw this up.
Should be two months (April and May), not just one (for whatever that's worth).

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:46 pm

And by the looks of it, these are the pre-Crisis JSA and FFers, yes? Except that the continuity is already screwed in that case, since the Earth Two/Earth X Plastic Man seems to be depicted, and he should be dead...

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 am

tony ingram wrote:And by the looks of it, these are the pre-Crisis JSA and FFers, yes? Except that the continuity is already screwed in that case, since the Earth Two/Earth X Plastic Man seems to be depicted, and he should be dead...
Yes, Week Four has more of a pre-CoIE line-up. And continuity is not screwed up if this group was grabbed prior to Plastic Man's death. (Either that, or Plastic Man wasn't really dead . . . but, no, that never-ever happens in comic books!)

Either way, if the Nazis are still in charge of New York City, this is quite possibly from a period prior to JLA #107 - 108.

MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:05 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:And by the looks of it, these are the pre-Crisis JSA and FFers, yes? Except that the continuity is already screwed in that case, since the Earth Two/Earth X Plastic Man seems to be depicted, and he should be dead...
Yes, Week Four has more of a pre-CoIE line-up. And continuity is not screwed up if this group was grabbed prior to Plastic Man's death. (Either that, or Plastic Man wasn't really dead . . . but, no, that never-ever happens in comic books!)

Either way, if the Nazis are still in charge of New York City, this is quite possibly from a period prior to JLA #107 - 108.
That would make sense, I guess.

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:43 pm

OK, so if these are the pre-COIE JSA, why is Hawkman wearing Katar Hol's mask and no red trunks? And why are a young Jennie Hayden and Todd Rice with the pre-Infinity Inc JSA brats when they never actually met the others until Infinity Inc #1?

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:38 pm

tony ingram wrote:OK, so if these are the pre-COIE JSA, why is Hawkman wearing Katar Hol's mask and no red trunks?

From what I've read it's not meant to follow strict continuity. It's supposed to be a fun way to fill a couple of months by giving glimpses of DC's past.
They couldn't even get things right when the did Infinite Crisis (which was ABOUT their continuity) so I wouldn't hope for too much here.

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:OK, so if these are the pre-COIE JSA, why is Hawkman wearing Katar Hol's mask and no red trunks?

From what I've read it's not meant to follow strict continuity. It's supposed to be a fun way to fill a couple of months by giving glimpses of DC's past.
They couldn't even get things right when the did Infinite Crisis (which was ABOUT their continuity) so I wouldn't hope for too much here.
Damn. The DCU really is dead, isn't it? Crying or Very sad

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top