Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Sherlock

3 posters

Go down

BBC Sherlock Empty BBC Sherlock

Post by Mbast1 Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:48 pm

I don't know how this hasn't come up before, but is anyone else a fan of the BBC's Sherlock? I'm going to see the theatrical release of The Abominable Bride tonight, and I'm really looking forward to is.
I think it's odd that this one is set in the Victorian era, but we'll see... More after tonight.

Mike
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

BBC Sherlock Empty Re: BBC Sherlock

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm afraid that the nature of this particular episode is such that I can't really discuss it on here until you've seen it. But yes, I too am a fan. In case he doesn't see this thread, so is Tony, who describes Benedict Cumberbatch as "well fit," "dreamy" and "a total sexpot."*

*I may have made this last bit up.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:I'm afraid that the nature of this particular episode is such that I can't really discuss it on here until you've seen it. But yes, I too am a fan. In case he doesn't see this thread, so is Tony, who describes Benedict Cumberbatch as "well fit," "dreamy" and "a total sexpot."*

I'm not touching that last part.

I did see it last night, and I think I'm a bit disappointed. I'm going to spoiler the rest of this.

Spoiler:
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Mbast1 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:

Spoiler:

Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Basically, the series has become lost in its mind palaces, like we've gotten lost in our spoiler tags. It needs to start focusing on actual, real, physical things. Like, just dial down the airy-fairy cleverness a bit, so that there's enough real-world stuff going on too.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:48 pm

I tend to agree. I thought it was well done, in itself, and I have yet to see Benzedrine Bandersnatch put in a poor performance, but there was basically no plot there.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Basically, the series has become lost in its mind palaces, like we've gotten lost in our spoiler tags. It needs to start focusing on actual, real, physical things.

Agreed. I think the first season is fantastic, the second less so but still really good (especially the first episode), but I was disappointed by the 3rd. I can only hope this coming season is better.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 pm

If they have any sense they will get back to what Mike correctly calls the "fantastic" spirit of the first season, and spend less time ****ing about in mind palaces. IMAO.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:If they have any sense they will get back to what Mike correctly calls the "fantastic" spirit of the first season, and spend less time ****ing  about in mind palaces. IMAO.

I might add that I LOVED the 4th season. Did anyone else watch, and get the impression that they're done making them?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Yep, I think that's probably it. For one thing, unless Cumberbatch's star starts to wane, I think he's probably past needing Sherlock.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:08 am

[quote="Mbast1"]
Lucy McGough wrote:I might add that I LOVED the 4th season. Did anyone else watch, and get the impression that they're done making them?

I did get that impression. I'm afraid I thought the 4th season was rubbish. Jumped the shark so hard it went into orbit. Self-congratulatory drivel. "Look at us, we're the world-famous show Sherlock!" Watson acted out of character.

This about sums it up for me: http://newsthump.com/2017/01/16/missing-persons-case-opened-after-sherlock-writer-vanishes-up-his-own-arse/
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum