The Big Bang Theory

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Big Bang Theory

Post by tony ingram on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Am I alone in thinking that, much as I like TBBT, tis latest season seems to have lost its edge somewhat? What was a unit of four guys and a girl now seems permanently divided, with plotlines split between the domestic concerns of the Leonard/Penny/Sheldon triumvirate and the Wolowitz's, the two groups rarely interacting, with Raj becoming increasingly irrelevant, and the others beginning to look rather tired. Am I wrong?

tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Big Bang Theory

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:29 pm

I haven't actually been watching it, but sitcoms do tend to lose their edge when people get partnered off and/or married.

Lucy McGough

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 pm

tony ingram wrote:Am I alone in thinking that, much as I like TBBT, tis latest season seems to have lost its edge somewhat? What was a unit of four guys and a girl now seems permanently divided, with plotlines split between the domestic concerns of the Leonard/Penny/Sheldon triumvirate and the Wolowitz's, the two groups rarely interacting, with Raj becoming increasingly irrelevant, and the others beginning to look rather tired. Am I wrong?

Since it's a subjective opinion, I don't know that you CAN be wrong.

Anyway, I like and don't like this series, but there have definitely been changes. I don't mind, I'm not someone who thinks the initial set-up has to stay the same, but I've pretty much gotten bored with this show. I still watch, and I hope it gets better, but it's more for odd reasons. I like the Sheldon/Penny friendship, I think that as odd as it is, it really works. But, overall it seems to be running out of steam.

And that's not getting into the who "laughing AT geeks" argument.

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08 pm

It's more like 'laughing at the writers' idea of geeks'.

Lucy McGough

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:It's more like 'laughing at the writers' idea of geeks'.

True, but to the audience, that is how geeks DO act. TV really influences how people perceive a lot of things. For the bad, I think.

Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top