Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Attack

3 posters

Go down

London Attack Empty London Attack

Post by Mbast1 Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am

I'd rather avoid the political here, but to me this is more about the people. I, like everyone else, heard about what happened. I can only hope all of you and yours are safe and well. You all have my best wishes.
Mike.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

London Attack Empty Re: London Attack

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:55 am

Thank you, Mike. I'm glad to say that all my London relatives are safe and well. The bitter irony is that most of those who died were foreign tourists visiting London. I was sad to hear that one of them was from the USA Crying or Very sad
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Thank you, Mike. I'm glad to say that all my London relatives are safe and well. The bitter irony is that most of those who died were foreign tourists visiting London. I was sad to hear that one of them was from the USA Crying or Very sad

I don't know. It's a quirk of human nature that the closer someone is to you geographically the more you care, it's why newspapers report the way they do. That said, I don't want ANY human being to die like this, so I just find it all so ugly.

Anyway, glad you and yours are safe.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks. I don't want anyone to die like that either. It's all so random and pointless. Such a horrible man. But he was outnumbered by all the people who ran to help, like the staff from the nearby hospital who ran to Westminster Bridge as soon as they heard. We even had an MP (Member of Parliament) try to give the policeman mouth to mouth as he lay dying! And the rest of the time we make jokes about MPs being useless and good for nothing but making speeches.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:It's all so random and pointless.

Which I think is the point of that kind of terrorism. Fear, confusion. Ugly.

Lucy McGough wrote:But he was outnumbered by all the people who ran to help,

Sometimes humanity isn't quite so bad.

Lucy McGough wrote:about MPs being useless and good for nothing but making speeches.

I think politicians CAN be vital to social function, and people don't often know. They don't know what they do, so they think it's nothing. Mind you, some do seem to be in it for the power, but many of them just do a lot of work other people don't want to do. Glad this MP was in the news for a good thing.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Tue May 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Mbast1 wrote: I can only hope all of you and yours are safe and well. You all have my best wishes.
Mike.

Unfortunately, this is relevant again. I hope you and all of yours are safe. Good luck dealing with this.
Mike
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed May 24, 2017 8:36 am

Thank you. I live close to Manchester and it was a huge shock, but fortunately my many Mancunian friends (some of whom are members of my family) are all safe. I'm going to Manchester today to meet a friend and have fun and spend money.

*starts singing* We shall not, we shall not be moved!
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed May 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:I'm going to Manchester today to meet a friend and have fun and spend money.

*starts singing* We shall not, we shall not be moved!

Brava. Best of luck!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed May 24, 2017 9:01 pm

I won't say it went well, but it went.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri May 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:I won't say it went well, but it went.

I wish it had gone well, but I'm glad you did it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat May 27, 2017 7:52 am

Thank you Smile It's such a weird time up here. My friends and family from Manchester are getting all edgy and snippy with each other and sharing political things on Facebook, y'know? And my brother Frankie has had to walk past ARMED POLICE WITH THEIR FINGERS ON THE TRIGGERS! I know that's probably normal in the USA, but for us in the UK it's bloomin' terrifying. As Frankie pointed out, it doesn't make us feel safer - it has the opposite effect!

Of course, we have a general election in a couple of weeks' time, and the current prime minister is trying to brand herself as 'strong and stable' and the opposition as 'terrorist sympathisers who were fans of the IRA'. But that's a whole new can of worms.

TL;DR: Aaaargh, life be stressful.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:07 am

Again. I wish I could say anything that mattered. I can only wish you all the best.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you, Mike Smile
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:19 am

Lucy McGough wrote:Thank you Smile It's such a weird time up here. My friends and family from Manchester are getting all edgy and snippy with each other and sharing political things on Facebook, y'know? And my brother Frankie has had to walk past ARMED POLICE WITH THEIR FINGERS ON THE TRIGGERS! I know that's probably normal in the USA, but for us in the UK it's bloomin' terrifying. As Frankie pointed out, it doesn't make us feel safer - it has the opposite effect!
To be honest, armed police on our streets is as frightening a prospect to me as a handfull of suicidal nutjobs.

And the situation is not helped, really, by idiocy like President Trump attacking the Mayor of London for daring to try to reassure people. It's as though he wants Britain to be in a state of panic!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:34 am

Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Hey, cheer up. At least I didn't get eaten by a police dog or guilt-tripped into buying a fidget spinner from a street vendor Smile And my friend bought me a delicious banana and strawberry smoothie from Costa. I radiate vitamins and health and suchlike!  Don't need to turn my bedside lamp on to read at night, cos I glow with inner vitality.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:57 am

Are you sure you're not radioactive? I think it was a radioactive smoothie. Crying or Very sad
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Turns out it was! I have been endowed with all the powers of, uh, a banana and some strawberries! They call me Vitamin Lass.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm

tony ingram wrote:To be honest, armed police on our streets is as frightening a prospect to me as a handfull of suicidal nutjobs.

And the situation is not helped, really, by idiocy like President Trump attacking the Mayor of London for daring to try to reassure people. It's as though he wants Britain to be in a state of panic!

I wouldn't like having armed police like that either. I know some people feel better from things like that, but I always wonder how things can go wrong.
I can't even begin to comment on what Trump tweeted. It's just incomprehensible.
I just wish your whole country the best of luck in dealing with this. Just so ugly.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Turns out it was! I have been endowed with all the powers of, uh, a banana and some strawberries! They call me Vitamin Lass.

Do you wonder at all why I said I just watch when you two have these conversations?

They do make me smile, though.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:55 pm

I like making you smile Smile
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content