Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead)

3 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead) Empty Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead)

Post by tony ingram Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 pm

The late, great William Hartnell was born on this day in 1908. Time to watch a sixties classic in celebration, I think...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead) Empty Re: Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead)

Post by Mbast1 Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:05 pm

tony ingram wrote:The late, great William Hartnell was born on this day in 1908. Time to watch a sixties classic in celebration, I think...

I think that's how it should be done. Whenever someone who has done a BBC show has a birthday (living or not), the BBC should broadcast a show of that actor.
Maybe not just the BBC.

Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead) Empty Re: Happy Birthday William Hartnell ( or it would be, if he weren't dead)

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 pm

That would be ideal!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:10 am

Watching Unearthly Child. Do you know what happens to the Doctor's granddaughter Susan? As in, her ultimate fate. Do they say?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Mbast1 wrote:Watching Unearthly Child. Do you know what happens to the Doctor's granddaughter Susan? As in, her ultimate fate. Do they say?
Susan is left behind by the Doctor on 22nd century Earth at the end of The Dalek Invasion of Earth, having fallen in love with freedom fighter David Campbell. Decades later, in the eighth Doctor audio adventures, we learn that David has died but that he and Susan had a son, Alex Campbell. Susan has become a prominent figure in the running of the rebuilt Earth. She and Alex appear in a couple more eighth Doctr audios, and Alex eventualy dies fighting the Daleks (who have returned) alongside the Doctor's companion Lucie Miller. According to the audio All Hands on Deck, Susan was later summoned to fight in the Time War, but her eventual fate remains unrecorded.

Last edited by tony ingram on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 pm

tony ingram wrote:Susan is left behind by the Doctor on 22nd century Earth at the end of The Dalek Invasion of Earth, <snip>

Thanks! That's really interesting. I figured she'd been killed since the Doctor said he was the last Time Lord often during the start of the new series, but I wasn't sure how much information was given. They're starting to bring some of the Eighth Doctor books to Kindle, and with Big Finish I should be able (eventually) to find some of this. Really appreciate it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Well, bear in mind that we were never actually tod for certain that Susan was a Time Lord; not all Gallifreyans were...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

tony ingram wrote:not all Gallifreyans were...

I think I sort-of knew that, but I wasn't clear. It's sort of like Malthusians/Oans, I guess.
Then, I always assumed that he was really talking about Gallifreyans in general, since I thought originally the planet had been destroyed.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:09 am

tony ingram wrote:Happy Birthday William Hartnell (or it would be, if he weren't dead)
Dead people still have birthdays.
Just don't expect them to eat any of their birthday cake.

And be very concerned if they blow out the birthday candles on their cake . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Mbast1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:40 pm

More for the rest of us!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down