Catwoman's new (2018) series

Go down

Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 am

Well, for anybody who wasn't already aware of it, Selina/Catwoman and Bruce/Batman are
Spoiler:
getting married in issue #50 of Batman.
It’s the wedding you never thought you’d see! The Batrimony is real as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are set to tie the knot in a can’t-miss, extra-length milestone issue that will reshape Gotham City. All their friends (and a few enemies?) will be party to a comic book coupling for the ages.
Superstar scribe Tom King officiates the sure-to-be-offbeat nuptials, joined by an all-star lineup of guest classic Bat-artists doffing their hats to the lucky couple in a series of pre-wedding flashback scenes sure to set the romantic mood.
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-2016/batman-50

That's due out in stores July 4th (which happens to be Independence Day here in the U.S.)

However, on that same date, Catwoman is getting her own series again!
Spoiler:

CATWOMAN #1
U.S. Price: $3.99
On Sale 7/4
The wedding night’s barely over, but Catwoman’s back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who’s pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she’s attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham’s most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn’t have enough problems, don’t miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina’s lives. Don’t miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!
Art & Cover by: Joëlle Jones
Variant cover by: Stanley "Artgerm" Lau
Written by: Joëlle Jones
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/catwoman-2018/catwoman-1


variant cover:


Anybody planning to buy either/both?
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 am

So, no Selina fans here? Crying or Very sad
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:03 pm

MajorHoy wrote:So, no Selina fans here? Crying or Very sad
I like Selina as a Batman supporting character, I'm just not sure I can justify buying her solo book. Her previous solo titles haven't tended to keep me engaged for very long.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6348
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:So, no Selina fans here? Crying or Very sad
I like Selina as a Batman supporting character, I'm just not sure I  can justify buying her solo book.  Her previous solo titles haven't tended to keep me engaged for very long.
I enjoyed the Brubaker run, and from the New52, Genevieve Valentine's run with Catwoman as a crime family boss was an unexpected pleasure.
(It sounded like a terrible idea, but it was definitely an interesting look at Selina trying to solve a problem the hard way. And her intentions were definitely good when she got into it, but she really didn't think about the prices she would have to pay along the way.)
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm

You will doubtless be unsurprised to learn that I never saw more than the first issue of the New 52 run...
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6348
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by Lucy Ingram on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 am

MajorHoy wrote:Well, for anybody who wasn't already aware of it, Selina/Catwoman and Bruce/Batman are
Spoiler:
getting married in issue #50 of Batman.
It’s the wedding you never thought you’d see! The Batrimony is real as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are set to tie the knot in a can’t-miss, extra-length milestone issue that will reshape Gotham City. All their friends (and a few enemies?) will be party to a comic book coupling for the ages.
Superstar scribe Tom King officiates the sure-to-be-offbeat nuptials, joined by an all-star lineup of guest classic Bat-artists doffing their hats to the lucky couple in a series of pre-wedding flashback scenes sure to set the romantic mood.
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-2016/batman-50
Um, you do realise that that picture is outside the spoiler box, yes? Worth a thousand words and all that...
avatar
Lucy Ingram

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Well, for anybody who wasn't already aware of it, Selina/Catwoman and Bruce/Batman are
Spoiler:
getting married in issue #50 of Batman.
It’s the wedding you never thought you’d see! The Batrimony is real as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are set to tie the knot in a can’t-miss, extra-length milestone issue that will reshape Gotham City. All their friends (and a few enemies?) will be party to a comic book coupling for the ages.
Superstar scribe Tom King officiates the sure-to-be-offbeat nuptials, joined by an all-star lineup of guest classic Bat-artists doffing their hats to the lucky couple in a series of pre-wedding flashback scenes sure to set the romantic mood.
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-2016/batman-50
Um, you do realise that that picture is outside the spoiler box, yes? Worth a thousand words and all that...
But with cover images constantly being misleading/having nothing to do with what's inside the issue, plus how frequently they get seen in advance of the issue, I wasn't too concerned about that.

Besides, did you like how that cover for Batman #50 is also used for the cover image of Catwoman #1?

avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by Lucy Ingram on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 am

Ooh, nice!
avatar
Lucy Ingram

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:50 pm

About what supposedly happens in Batman #50,
Spoiler:
there was supposedly an article in today's New York Times revealing that it won't happen?!?! Shocked

(And the internet world of Bat-geeks is getting soooooooo upset with all this, not to mention retailers who made arrangements with DC for special covers and boatloads of extra copies!)

avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by tony ingram on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 pm

I will be most annoyed if this is so.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6348
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 48
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by Lucy Ingram on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Me too!!!
avatar
Lucy Ingram

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:44 am

MajorHoy wrote: . . . Besides, did you like how that cover for Batman #50 is also used for the cover image of Catwoman #1?

And here's how the cover to issue #1 supposedly will look with the title and a few other additions:


avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by Lucy Ingram on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:05 am

Why the heck would the silly woman NOT marry him? AAAAAAARGH!!!
avatar
Lucy Ingram

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Why the heck would the silly woman NOT marry him? AAAAAAARGH!!!
You don't think Bruce/Batman has a wee bit of emotional baggage with him?
(Way more than he can fit in a single carry-on bag if he were to fly on a commercial airline!)
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by Lucy Ingram on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:28 pm

But she KNOWS that!
avatar
Lucy Ingram

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 30
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:32 pm

And to make things even more confusing/troubling for the new Catwoman series, Bleeding Cool has an article about how they're going to be printing this on a different paper stock than the usual DC comic books.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/03/catwoman-the-first-dc-comics-title-to-switch-from-glossy-to-matt-paper/
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum