Catwoman's new (2018) series

Go down

Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Well, for anybody who wasn't already aware of it, Selina/Catwoman and Bruce/Batman are
Spoiler:
getting married in issue #50 of Batman.
It’s the wedding you never thought you’d see! The Batrimony is real as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are set to tie the knot in a can’t-miss, extra-length milestone issue that will reshape Gotham City. All their friends (and a few enemies?) will be party to a comic book coupling for the ages.
Superstar scribe Tom King officiates the sure-to-be-offbeat nuptials, joined by an all-star lineup of guest classic Bat-artists doffing their hats to the lucky couple in a series of pre-wedding flashback scenes sure to set the romantic mood.
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-2016/batman-50

That's due out in stores July 4th (which happens to be Independence Day here in the U.S.)

However, on that same date, Catwoman is getting her own series again!
Spoiler:

CATWOMAN #1
U.S. Price: $3.99
On Sale 7/4
The wedding night’s barely over, but Catwoman’s back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who’s pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she’s attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham’s most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn’t have enough problems, don’t miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina’s lives. Don’t miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!
Art & Cover by: Joëlle Jones
Variant cover by: Stanley "Artgerm" Lau
Written by: Joëlle Jones
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/catwoman-2018/catwoman-1

variant cover:

Anybody planning to buy either/both?
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Re: Catwoman's new (2018) series

Post by MajorHoy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:52 pm

So, no Selina fans here? Crying or Very sad
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 am

MajorHoy wrote:So, no Selina fans here? Crying or Very sad
I like Selina as a Batman supporting character, I'm just not sure I can justify buying her solo book. Her previous solo titles haven't tended to keep me engaged for very long.
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 am

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:So, no Selina fans here? Crying or Very sad
I like Selina as a Batman supporting character, I'm just not sure I  can justify buying her solo book.  Her previous solo titles haven't tended to keep me engaged for very long.
I enjoyed the Brubaker run, and from the New52, Genevieve Valentine's run with Catwoman as a crime family boss was an unexpected pleasure.
(It sounded like a terrible idea, but it was definitely an interesting look at Selina trying to solve a problem the hard way. And her intentions were definitely good when she got into it, but she really didn't think about the prices she would have to pay along the way.)
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 am

You will doubtless be unsurprised to learn that I never saw more than the first issue of the New 52 run...
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down