Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Empty What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

Post by MajorHoy Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:22 am

I was thinking about also ruling out comics from Image, but since they don't have a separate section here, I decided against it.

--------------------------------------------  

Anyway, these days I've got the following on my pull-list:
(1.) from Dark Horse,
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Witchf10
(Sir Edward Grey,) Witchfinder: Gates of Heaven (five issue series)

(2.) from Dynamite,
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Green_48
Green Hornet (Vol. 2), but I may drop that soon

and I will be getting/trying
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Projec11
Project Superpowers (starts in July 2018)

There are other titles I also get, but they don't always get published on a regular basis (and I don't think any new volumes have been solicited recently).

Last edited by MajorHoy on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Empty Re: What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 am

If we're only talking American publishers, currently Red Sonja, Barbarella and Dejah Thoris, but there have been a number of other titles recently concluded (like Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter) and Titan's Doctor Who line are currently on hiatus until the new TV series starts.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Empty Re: What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying?

Post by MajorHoy Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:22 pm

tony ingram wrote:If we're only talking American publishers, currently Red Sonja, Barbarella and Dejah Thoris, but there have been a number of other titles recently concluded (like Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter) and Titan's Doctor Who line are currently on hiatus until the new TV series starts.
Well, since this is the "American Comics" section, . . .
And aside from Titan, I'm not sure how many other publishers have a decent general presence here in the states. The Titan material I've seen appears to be specifically printed for here in the states since the covers typically have U.S. pricing ($'s) printed on them (but not any British / European prices).

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 076ed7f167c77cea52e20f27368472c3_xl

I'm sure there are comic books from other British publishers available at some stores here in the U.S., but I don't know how wide-spread the distribution may be (unless some readers special orders them in advance).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:37 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:If we're only talking American publishers, currently Red Sonja, Barbarella and Dejah Thoris, but there have been a number of other titles recently concluded (like Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter) and Titan's Doctor Who line are currently on hiatus until the new TV series starts.
Well, since this is the "American Comics" section, . . .
And aside from Titan, I'm not sure how many other publishers have a decent general presence here in the states. The Titan material I've seen appears to be specifically printed for here in the states since the covers typically have U.S. pricing ($'s) printed on them (but not any British / European prices).

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 076ed7f167c77cea52e20f27368472c3_xl

I'm sure there are comic books from other British publishers available at some stores here in the U.S., but I don't know how wide-spread the distribution may be (unless some readers special orders them in advance).
No British publisher that sells to the US market, as far as I know, has bothered with dual pricing since the demise of distribution of imports to the high street newsagents. I can see that it would be fairly pointless, given that their stuff is racked in the comic shops alongside the US imports anyway. Titan do produce a Doctor Who title for the British high street market, Tales from the TARDIS, but it simply reprints three issues of the direct market editions in each issue. Obviously, 2000 AD and other titles which are still distributed to high street stores over here carry only British cover prices.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:16 am

By the way, I just ordered a copy of
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 51UHcfB0o0L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_
Hellboy Vol. 8: Darkness Calls from Barnes & Noble.
The tpb collection was first published back in 2008,
and it collects a six-issue series from 2007.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Needed to get more sunflower seed for the birds & other critters, so I also stopped at the comic book shop. Not counting the two DC comics I picked up, I bought:
Dynamite:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 4e54f7d7098e16f867dd40301f1275d6_xl
Green Hornet Vol. 2 #4

and the rest were from Dark Horse:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? E26ea303bb89e380c512bd100299e21c_xl
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 21fb5969ee2cad7ad380be1266199bd0_xl
B.P.R.D. The Devil You Know #6 & #7
(decided to jump in and give this a try)

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 1081c861ec5296fc9f86bd4fea657506_xl
(Sir Edward Grey,) Witchfinder: Gates of Heaven #2 (of 5)

an older tpb collection:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 054d9d442520fc41b5c54e2a09e0aa9e_xl
B.P.R.D. King of Fear (B.P.R.D. Vol. 14 / © 2010)

and some back issues from the $1.00 bin:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? A389bc5c0a986bee3ce0ebaf4fcbaae5_xl
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? C2f61ea6e8adc515fc3e27a16416bab6_xl
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 46787b2e85804bf9a7c5fcc0b7342fe1_xl
* B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth #108, #110-111 (from 2013)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:47 pm

The Green Hornet...looks...no, there's something off about him but I can't quite put my finger on it...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:49 am

tony ingram wrote:The Green Hornet...looks...no, there's something off about him but I can't quite put my finger on it...
I think it may be the writing . . . I've been tempted to drop this title. The idea of former-Kato Mulan taking over as Green Hornet while Britt was missing had potential, but hasn't really been handled right from my viewpoint.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 am

You feed the birds? Do you have a garden?
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:You feed the birds? Do you have a garden?
Not really a "garden", but we do have lawn and other stuff growing in the yard around the house. (My Mom did the gardening, but she's not really up to that any longer.)
So we have a pole with a couple of bird feeders off of it out front, plus I put seed on the ground beneath the feeders (squirrels, chipmunks, and some of the birds eat on the ground, plus the occasional turkey wanders by). And the fox sometimes stops by in hopes of catching a squirrel. There's also the deer that sometimes pass through.

In the backyard, I put seed on/under a large bush and the birds and other critters like that, plus we have the hummingbird feeder in the backyard.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:29 pm

I miss having a garden.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:50 pm

tony ingram wrote:I miss having a garden.
Can you at least do some little window-box gardens?

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 51TMH9CA0PL._SX369_BO1,204,203,200_

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Box-garden-gate-cage-01_8_1_1

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 10-veg10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Not really, but we do have two hanging gardens.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 am

We have two hanging baskets with geraniums in. My mum gave them to us. And when we move back to Shotley Gate we won't need a garden because we'll be living in the country.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:57 am

I've recently received and/or ordered a few more Hellboy-related tpb collections:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 41tGfgmucBL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_
B.P.R.D.: 1948 (2013)

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 51IuKtsEbLL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_
B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know, Volume 1: Messiah (2018)

and waiting to receive
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 51L1oKxcR4L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_
B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Volume 12 : Metamorphosis (2015)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Non-DC comics I bought this past weekend:
Dynamite:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 3d6154b1cc7b189321be5c23054ed44a_xl
Green Hornet Vol. 2 #5 (looks like it was the last issue?)

Dark Horse:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? E5861db1cd70f437fce733e65505cea7_xl
B.P.R.D. The Devil You Know #8

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 57ad1afc129b6825779885aa77d2588f_xl
(Sir Edward Grey,) Witchfinder: Gates of Heaven #3 (of 5)

NOTE: I was suppose to also get Project Superpower #0 (Dynamite), but I was told the system had a different code for the cheaper #0 issue than there is for the regular issues (#1 is due out next week I believe), so they've ordered a copy of issue #0 for me and it should be there in a couple of weeks?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:30 pm

I picked up issue #0 because it was free. I assumed they all were. Shocked
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 pm

tony ingram wrote:I picked up issue #0 because it was free. I assumed they all were. Shocked
I believe issue #0 was suppose to have a (U.S.) cover price of 10¢. Whether stores were charging for it may have been optional.
I had requested the series for my pull list, but as I was told, there was a different code in the system for issue #0, so they didn't have one for me when I finally made it to the store. (Don't even know if/how many copies of it the store may have bothered to order in the first place.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I picked up issue #0 because it was free. I assumed they all were. Shocked
I believe issue #0 was suppose to have a (U.S.) cover price of 10¢. Whether stores were charging for it may have been optional.
I had requested the series for my pull list, but as I was told, there was a different code in the system for issue #0, so they didn't have one for me when I finally made it to the store. (Don't even know if/how many copies of it the store may have bothered to order in the first place.)
Over here, that would be about 0.06 so I guess it wasn't worth charging for.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:54 am

I have bought it from my usual supplier of all things Uk and paid it £ 0.20 , as it was from that month Previews Uk price list, if I remember well. Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I have bought it from my usual supplier of all things Uk and paid it £ 0.20 , as it was from that month Previews Uk price list, if I remember well. Very Happy
They actually charged you 0.20? What utter cheapskates! Laughing
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:33 am

Just received delivery tonight of another Hellboy tpb collection:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 16524
Hellboy Volume 10: The Crooked Man and Others (2010)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:19 pm

I've been trying to pick up the "Berger Books" line. I want to read them, but I really haven't been keeping up. Anyone check any of them out? Dark Horse, I think.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Mbast1 wrote:I've been trying to pick up the "Berger Books" line. I want to read them, but I really haven't been keeping up. Anyone check any of them out? Dark Horse, I think.
Keep meaning to, but...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:I have bought it from my usual supplier of all things Uk and paid it £ 0.20 , as it was from that month Previews Uk price list, if I remember well. Very Happy

Yes Tony, it seems that when inferior to $ 1.00 the lesser US comics price is, the higher the difference seems to be with Uk prices, when ordering it in advance from Previews catalog  Crying or Very sad. For esample, this month all Marvel True Believers What If themed one-shot reprints which have cover prices of $ 1.00 have a Diamond Uk list price of £ 0.80. I perfectly understand that these and cheapers ones are promotional items that the comic book shop can choose to give away to local faithful nerdsss too Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:

Yes Tony, it seems that when inferior to $ 1.00 the lesser US comics price is, the higher the difference seems to be with Uk prices, when ordering it in advance from Previews catalog  Crying or Very sad. For esample, this month all Marvel True Believers What If themed one-shot reprints which have cover prices of $ 1.00 have a Diamond Uk list price of £ 0.80. I perfectly understand that these and cheapers ones are promotional items that the comic book shop can choose to give away to local faithful nerdsss too Very Happy
Our local place charges 0.75 for the True Believers books.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:58 am

Non-DC comics I bought yesterday:
Dark Horse:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? F0ad84e2e4727645654773d777b8b565_xl
B.P.R.D. The Devil You Know #9

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 5dfc3bd1accdd6c3fd05198b3a09c62d_xl
(Sir Edward Grey,) Witchfinder: Gates of Heaven #4 (of 5)

Dynamite:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Fe63d5bea390ad4e3bbac905f6a87a60_xl
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 3087ef54a4968c5f40279d12de4bd20f_xl
Project Superpower #0 and #1
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:50 am

The last non Marvel or DC book I bought was The Vigilant one shot from Rebellion, but I can't work out how to post an image of the cover right now. It's the first of what will hopefully be a new line of books from the 2000 AD publisher featuring the heroes of the classic British comics originay published from the sixties to the nineties by IPC. and I loved it, though I think Lucy found it impenetrable.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:10 pm

tony ingram wrote:The last non Marvel or DC book I bought was The Vigilant one shot from Rebellion, but I can't work out how to post an image of the cover right now.
Is this it?

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 65594710

* http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2018/04/are-you-ready-for-vigilant.html
* http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/the-vigilant/
* https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN181951
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:25 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:The last non Marvel or DC book I bought was The Vigilant one shot from Rebellion, but I can't work out how to post an image of the cover right now.
Is this it?

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? 65594710

* http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2018/04/are-you-ready-for-vigilant.html
* http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/the-vigilant/
* https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN181951
It is indeed! It features updated versions of several classic characters from my youth, including the Steel Commando (a robot soldier who obeyed only a lazy private named Ernie Baines), Thunderbolt the Avenger (a police officer who was secretly a super powered crimebuster), Blake Edmonds (a former racing driver who became a troubleshooter with a death wish after his face was horrifically burned) and the Leopard from Lime Street (a schoolboy who became a somewhat feral crimefighter after being scratched by a radioactive leopard).
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 am

tony ingram wrote:
How much does your local place charge for popular US prices, like, for example, $ 3.99 - 7.99 - 9.99 (Two morrows magazines) - 12.95 - 14.95 (tpb)? Question Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
How much does your local place charge for popular US prices, like, for example, $ 3.99 - 7.99 - 9.99 (Two morrows magazines) - 12.95 - 14.95 (tpb)? Question Wink
I don't tend to buy the more expensive stuff, but a $3.99 comic is around £3.25, a $2.99 one around £2.45, minus a 10% discount for having a regular order.

Last edited by tony ingram on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Have you ordered/taken in your local comic shop some of the Halloween Comic Fest promotional comics that come out every year in time for Halloween, like they do for Free Comic Book Day in May? Twisted Evil Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Have you ordered/taken in your local comic shop some of the Halloween Comic Fest promotional comics that come out every year in time for Halloween, like they do for Free Comic Book Day in May? Twisted Evil Very Happy
We got DC's Ghosts anthology, which turned out to be pretty good, I thought.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am

tony ingram wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote:Have you ordered/taken in your local comic shop some of the Halloween Comic Fest promotional comics that come out every year in time for Halloween, like they do for Free Comic Book Day in May? Twisted Evil Very Happy
But was that a freebie or a regular Halloween special you had to pay for?

https://www.halloweencomicfest.com/catalog

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Dc_gho10

Me, I don't know if my comic book shop did anything for Halloween Fest this year.
(I'm pretty sure they didn't last year.)
It's another of those things where the comic book shop has to pay for the comic books (they don't get them for free), so I think not all stores that do Free Comic Book Day in May will also do Halloween Fest in October.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:49 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
But was that a freebie or a regular Halloween special you had to pay for?

https://www.halloweencomicfest.com/catalog

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Dc_gho10

Me, I don't know if my comic book shop did anything for Halloween Fest this year.
(I'm pretty sure they didn't last year.)
It's another of those things where the comic book shop has to pay for the comic books (they don't get them for free), so I think not all stores that do Free Comic Book Day in May will also do Halloween Fest in October.
It dcefinitely wasn't free! I doubt our local comic shop could afford to buy in "free" comics for Halloween, after shelling out for FCBD.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm

In fact I had to order them in July @my pusher of all things Uk using, as always, the Previews catalog, to be able to get the ones I wanted and that should be traveling towards my house right now and for prices that range from £ 0.29 to 0.33 each and they're:
- Aftershock Comics' Dark Red # 1;
- Aspen Comics Mascots Portal of Doom;
- Battlecats Hcf Special;
- DCeased # 1
- Ghost Rider King of Hell (again?) Twisted Evil # 1
- Iron Man: Road to Iron Man 2020  # 1
- Lady Mechanica La Dama de la Muerte
- Miles Morales Spider-Man # 0
- Star Wars Boba Fett # 1
- Sonic the Hedgedog # 1 Rolling Eyes
and Viz Comics' the Drifting Classroom Umezz Smashed Ito which costs £ 0.38 Smile

Btw in the same parcel there should be the Dc Giant Ghosts which Tony bought and whose cover is pictured above... Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Went to my comic book shop yesterday (hadn't been there in about two months) and picked up the last DC comic book I expect to buy in the foreseeable future:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Scooby10
Scooby-Doo Team-Up #50!

It came out towards the end of September, but it's the last issue in the series.   Crying or Very sad

I've tried looking at some of the Justice League issues that were bringing back the JSA into DC continuity again, but I wasn't too impressed and I really don't care about all the other parts of the story.

So at present, I'm just picking up various Hellboy-connected titles from Dark Horse (when they come out since they're usually mini-series or one-shots these days) and waiting to see if that Miss Fury mini-series will ever get released by Dynamite in 2020.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Last years I have bought some issues of Scooby-Doo Team-up during its run and the Team-ups were usually were fun to read Laughing
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:52 pm

I think the only issue I ever bought was the Justice Society one.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:24 am

tony ingram wrote:I think the only issue I ever bought was the Justice Society one.

That was a nice one Tony, for what I remember now. Very Happy
Btw, among the coming (in the parcel) comics I should receive soon, there is also the first issue of Craig Thompson (Blankets, Habibi, Goodbye Chunky Rice, etc) new autobiographical (sort of) series Ginseng Roots, slightly delayed, as you can see from the cover date below.... Smile What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Stl12810
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:12 am

Has anybody else been reading Vampirella/Red Sonja?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:29 am

I originally had it in my pull list but had to postpone due to budget constraints, planning to recuperate it with the tpb, as with with the Dawn/Vampirella mini-series, which is all by Dawn creator Joseph Michael Linsner so it should be fine... Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:35 am

Barry_Allen wrote:I originally had it in my pull list but had to postpone due to budget constraints, planning to recuperate it with the tpb, as with with the Dawn/Vampirella mini-series, which is all by Dawn creator Joseph Michael Linsner so it should be fine... Cool
Well, if nothing else it'll be nice to look at...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am

I've read that the paperback Dawn/Vampirella has been published from Dynamite, $ 19.99 for 128 pages, it seems a "IDW style" price (I mean high, compared to the number of pages)... scratch
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I've read that the paperback Dawn/Vampirella has been published from Dynamite, $ 19.99 for 128 pages, it seems a "IDW style" price (I mean high, compared to the number of pages)... scratch
Well, if the series was five issues at $3.99 per an issue, then the collected tpb is only about 4¢ more than buying the issues individually, and I would hope there is some extra content (any variant covers, etc.) included in the collected version.

And these days, it also depends on how many copies they're planning to print for the initial run?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Finally made it to the comic book store (was last there back in November) and picked up:

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Witchf11

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Witchf12

What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Witchf13
(Sir Edward Gray,) Witchfinder: The Reign of Darkness #1-#3 (of 5)
as well as
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Hellbo13
Hellboy Winter Special 2019 (which was published for January 2020 release)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am

Nice selection MajorHoy! Cool I had bought the Hellboy Winter Special 2018 but sometimes I missed the one with the cover above this year, when ordering January 2020 released, too bad Very Happy , now I have to pass it as a late order! Smile
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Got a copy of
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Hellbo14
Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: The Return of Effie Kolb #1 (of 2)
on Saturday.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Here's what I said a year ago:
MajorHoy wrote:Went to my comic book shop yesterday (hadn't been there in about two months) and picked up the last DC comic book I expect to buy in the foreseeable future:
What comic books (non-DC / non-Marvel) from American publishers have you been buying? Scooby10
Scooby-Doo Team-Up #50!

It came out towards the end of September, but it's the last issue in the series.   Crying or Very sad

I've tried looking at some of the Justice League issues that were bringing back the JSA into DC continuity again, but I wasn't too impressed and I really don't care about all the other parts of the story.

So at present, I'm just picking up various Hellboy-connected titles from Dark Horse (when they come out since they're usually mini-series or one-shots these days) and waiting to see if that Miss Fury mini-series will ever get released by Dynamite in 2020.
Since then, I have bought some DC books, but aside from the three-issue Batman: Three Jokers series, there wasn't anything I've started buying on a regular basis from DC.  My Marvel purchases have amounted to one issue of History of the Marvel Universe (the one that basically covered the 1930s-1950s stories) and a couple of $1.00 True Believers reprint issues.

I'm still buying the Hellboy-related comics, but even that output has been severely disrupted due to COVID-19 and Diamond's interruption in distribution a few months ago.  (And I still have no idea if/when Miss Fury: Joy Division may eventually make it to a comic book shop, nor how much it may eventually cost. I think I once saw that it was priced at $30.00 for a softcover version through the crowdfunding site Indiegogo?)

What are other people buying these days through the non-DC/non-Marvel American publishers (if anything)?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next