Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any?

2 posters

Go down

DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any? Empty DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any?

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:39 am

After DC's Dark Nights: Metal event/series, DC released "a bold new line of comics starring a thrilling array of heroes— some you already know, some you may have glimpsed in the pages of DARK NIGHTS: METAL." (see: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/11/29/the-new-age-of-dc-heroes for that wording)
DC also promoted these titles based on the artists who helped create (over the guys doing the writing). "These new titles are illustrated by DC’s Master Class of artists, including legendary names like Jim Lee, Andy Kubert, John Romita Jr., Tony S. Daniel, Ivan Reis, Ryan Sook, Philip Tan and Kenneth Rocafort. And they are written by some of comics’ biggest names, including Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, Dan Abnett, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti, Steve Orlando, Justin Jordan and Dan DiDio."
Mind you, many of those artists were only associated with actual production of the titles for only the first few issues . . .

Rolling Eyes

Anywho, the titles that are part of the "New Age of Heroes" are:
* The Curse of Brimstone
* Damage
* The Immortal Men
* New Challengers
* Sideways
* The Silencer
* The Terrifics
* The Unexpected

So, is anybody buying / trying any of these books?

DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any? The-ne10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any? Empty Re: DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any?

Post by Lucy Ingram Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:06 am

The Terrifics sucks. It's trying to be a DC version of The Fantastic Four, so that means Plastic Man and Metamorpho have to be at loggerheads because Human Torch and Thing are, and their antagonism feels totally forced and artificial. Also, Plastic Man is wearing the wrong costume.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any? Empty Re: DC's Dark Matter/The New Age of Heroes line: are you buying any?

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:The Terrifics sucks. It's trying to be a DC version of The Fantastic Four, so that means Plastic Man and Metamorpho have to be at loggerheads because Human Torch and Thing are, and their antagonism feels totally forced and artificial. Also, Plastic Man is wearing the wrong costume.
Well, I wouldn't quite go so far as "sucks", but it was a disappointing title. (I gave it three issues before giving up on it.)
Yes, it does try too hard to replicate the Fantastic Four (a team that Marvel is finally digging up out of the mothballs), and I don't like the way Mr. Terrific is made a bit too cold/calculating (to mimic Reed Richard's worse qualities).
But as for the new outfit for Plastic Man, it's not so much the "wrong costume" as it is a "team look" (again, reminiscent of the Fantastic Four), even if it does look "wrong" for him.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 am

Plastic Man isn't the sort of person who changes the way he dresses in order to fit in with a team.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Plastic Man isn't the sort of person who changes the way he dresses in order to fit in with a team.
I gave upon this after issue #3, so no don't know if there's any extra-special about these particular costumes (or the colors) that are particularly related to their condition (couldn't be too far away from each other without causing major breakdowns!) or their mission.
(But, yeah, I prefer his traditional red-and-black color scheme, too.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 am

Red, black and yellow.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Just got done reading The Immortal Men #4.
Man, is this a miserable book!
I was going to drop it after issue #3, but I later learned issue #6 will be the final issue, so I'm staying with it until then in the hope that maybe they'll have more on the one character that really intrigued me: Ghost Fist.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down