Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Empty Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series

Post by MajorHoy Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:21 am

NOTE: I'm not actually reading this myself (for various f***in' reasons), but for anybody who is, feel free to post!

Coming soon / eventually:
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Issue_10
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9
The critically acclaimed series by master storytellers Geoff Johns and Gary Frank reaches its most shocking chapter yet when the DC Universe collides with its greatest threat: Dr. Manhattan. But nothing is hidden from Manhattan, and the secrets of the past, present and future will rock the very foundation of the DC Universe.
Art / Cover / Variant cover by: Gary Frank
Written by: Geoff Johns
U.S. Cover Price: $4.99
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doomsday-clock-2017/doomsday-clock-9

Note on availability date: Originally solicited for January 23rd, at some point it had been changed to January 30th, but now it's listed for February 6th, 2019.

Variant cover for issue #9:
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Issue_11

(Also worth noting is that issue #10 has been solicited for March 27th, 2019.
We'll have to see if that happens or if that, too, will be extended out.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Empty Re: Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series

Post by Sam_Vimes Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:36 am

I'm only reading it because of the JSA stuff, but it's pretty good on its own regardless.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Empty Re: Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series

Post by tony ingram Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:I'm only reading it because of the JSA stuff, but it's pretty good on its own regardless.
That's pretty much the only reason I'm buying it, too. Lucy disapproves, as she sees it as being disloyal to Alan Moore.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:I'm only reading it because of the JSA stuff, but it's pretty good on its own regardless.
I refuse to buy it just "because of the JSA stuff" since I don't feel like spending all that time & money until I know how much "JSA stuff" we'll actually get and what it actually will be.

If there seems to be enough good, meaningful "JSA stuff" when all is said and done, maybe I'll buy a more cost-effective tpb collection. I already got suckered once by DC with Jay Garrick's (very brief) "return" during the four-part "The Button" crossover in Batman/The Flash back in 2017.  Mad  

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series 86a35e10
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Cc461f10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:44 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
I refuse to buy it just "because of the JSA stuff" since I don't feel like spending all that time & money until I know how much "JSA stuff" we'll actually get and what it actually will be.

If there seems to be enough good, meaningful "JSA stuff" when all is said and done, maybe I'll buy a more cost-effective tpb collection. I already got suckered once by DC with Jay Garrick's (very brief) "return" during the four-part "The Button" crossover in Batman/The Flash back in 2017.  Mad  

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series 86a35e10
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Cc461f10
Thing is, I enjoyed that story for what it was anyway, and I like storylines that take time to develop, so unlike you I didn't feel cheated by Jay's brief return.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 pm

tony ingram wrote:Thing is, I enjoyed that story for what it was anyway, and I like storylines that take time to develop, so unlike you I didn't feel cheated by Jay's brief return.
I only bought Batman #21-22 and The Flash #21-22 for the possible return to the DC Universe of Jay, not for just a brief guest-appearance by him in the last issue.  Mad
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:26 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Thing is, I enjoyed that story for what it was anyway, and I like storylines that take time to develop, so unlike you I didn't feel cheated by Jay's brief return.
I only bought Batman #21-22 and The Flash #21-22 for the possible return to the DC Universe of Jay, not for just a brief guest-appearance by him in the last issue.  Mad
But was it not possible to enjoy the story purely for what it was, a Batman/Flash crossover? It wasn't bad...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:53 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
But was it not possible to enjoy the story purely for what it was, a Batman/Flash crossover? It wasn't bad...
But since I didn't enjoy / wasn't following either title at the time, and still don't give a rat's hindquarters about either title at present, I didn't enjoy spending nearly $12.00 (U.S.) for Jay's "I'm back!" / "I'm gone!" moments.

And I definitely have no desire to buy any more of King's Batman (nor Tomasi's Detective Comics, though I might try issue #1000); and I definitely won't buy The Flash, especially with the Parsley Force / emotional-spectrum-rip-off!

So stop apologizing for DC! They're not giving me what I want, so I'm not giving them my money (except for those occasional things I can still enjoy for now).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:13 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
But since I didn't enjoy / wasn't following either title at the time, and still don't give a rat's hindquarters about either title at present, I didn't enjoy spending nearly $12.00 (U.S.) for Jay's "I'm back!" / "I'm gone!" moments.

And I definitely have no desire to buy any more of King's Batman (nor Tomasi's Detective Comics, though I might try issue #1000); and I definitely won't buy The Flash, especially with the Parsley Force / emotional-spectrum-rip-off!

So stop apologizing for DC! They're not giving me what I want, so I'm not giving them my money (except for those occasional things I can still enjoy for now).
I'm not apologising for them. They're not doing anything that warrants an apology. They're putting out comics that a lot of people, including me, are enjoying. That's all they're obliged to do. I don't understand your negativity to those titles. They're among the ones I look forward to most each month, particularly Flash.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm

tony ingram wrote:I'm not apologising for them. They're not doing anything that warrants an apology. They're putting out comics that a lot of people, including me, are enjoying. That's all they're obliged to do. I don't understand your negativity to those titles. They're among the ones I look forward to most each month, particularly Flash.
I'm glad you can enjoy them. I don't at present.

And I don't know if you realize how ironic your posts along this line are considering how you previously viewed the New52 compared to how I was willing to give those titles more of an opportunity than you seemed to.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I'm not apologising for them. They're not doing anything that warrants an apology. They're putting out comics that a lot of people, including me, are enjoying. That's all they're obliged to do. I don't understand your negativity to those titles. They're among the ones I look forward to most each month, particularly Flash.
I'm glad you can enjoy them. I don't at present.

And I don't know if you realize how ironic your posts along this line are considering how you previously viewed the New52 compared to how I was willing to give those titles more of an opportunity than you seemed to.
The New 52 abandoned all the years of continuity I was emotionally invested in. Rebirth brought great swathes of it back. As far as I'm concerned, those characters were not the ones I'd followed all my life; many of these ones are, even if the story of their restoration is not yet fully told.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 am

I'm with m'man Tony on this one. I hated The New 52, but Rebirth did its job and won me back. Tom King's Batman, on the other hand... yeesh, yeah, I'm with Major Hoy on that. Weird how the only DC comic I won't read right now is the one that got me into comics in the first place.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:48 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I'm with m'man Tony on this one. I hated The New 52, but Rebirth did its job and won me back. Tom King's Batman, on the other hand... yeesh, yeah, I'm with Major Hoy on that. Weird how the only DC comic I won't read right now is the one that got me into comics in the first place.
Are you reading Detective Comics?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:06 am

I am, yeah, so it's not all bad.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:02 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I am, yeah, so it's not all bad.
I've actually been enjoying both, though 'Tec may just have the edge.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:I'm with m'man Tony on this one. I hated The New 52, but Rebirth did its job and won me back. Tom King's Batman, on the other hand... yeesh, yeah, I'm with Major Hoy on that. Weird how the only DC comic I won't read right now is the one that got me into comics in the first place.
I was buying some Rebirth titles for a while, but DC managed to take the ones I liked and generally either cancelled them or assigned writers I didn't enjoy to them.
The biggest changes that caused me to stop buying some of them were:
* Robinson taking over Wonder Woman and having Jason (the Geoff Johns-created brother for Diana) be the STAR of that first arc (gave it a shot, but wouldn't buy anything more after that arc was done)
* giving Bendis all the Superman books (I had been buying and generally enjoyed Jurgens' Action Comics), plus it sounds like they've let Bendis run amok with the other members of the extended Super-Family ( Rolling Eyes )

I had been buying a lot of DC comic books back in the early 1990s but just gave up regularly buying comic books in general in 1995, and had only started regularly renewing the habit (on a limited basis off the small newsstand offerings at a couple of general bookstores) in 2010/2011. But for a while now, it keeps feeling more and more like 1995 did back then.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:26 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
I was buying some Rebirth titles for a while, but DC managed to take the ones I liked and generally either cancelled them or assigned writers I didn't enjoy to them.
The biggest changes that caused me to stop buying some of them were:
* Robinson taking over Wonder Woman and having Jason (the Geoff Johns-created brother for Diana) be the STAR of that first arc (gave it a shot, but wouldn't buy anything more after that arc was done)
* giving Bendis all the Superman books (I had been buying and generally enjoyed Jurgens' Action Comics), plus it sounds like they've let Bendis run amok with the other members of the extended Super-Family ( Rolling Eyes )

I had been buying a lot of DC comic books back in the early 1990s but just gave up regularly buying comic books in general in 1995, and had only started regularly renewing the habit (on a limited basis off the small newsstand offerings at a couple of general bookstores) in 2010/2011. But for a while now, it keeps feeling more and more like 1995 did back then.
Lucy and I have really been enjoying the Superman books. I hated most of what he did at Marvel, but I've really been impressed by his Superman stuff, it's a fresh new take on the character which hasn't obliterated the previous continuity.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 am

I grew up on Bendis, so I'm liking the Superman books too. I think he "gets" the character more than Tom King gets Batman, which is my main complaint with him. Like, you know what, King? Batman and Alfred DON'T hug! They just don't! Stop trying to make Batman do normal people things, he doesn't know how!

(Also, I'm still mad about the wedding.)

Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:I grew up on Bendis, so I'm liking the Superman books too. I think he "gets" the character more than Tom King gets Batman, which is my main complaint with him. Like, you know what, King? Batman and Alfred DON'T hug! They just don't! Stop trying to make Batman do normal people things, he doesn't know how!

I'm not so mad the wedding didn't actually happen as I am with DC and how they went over-the-top to make it seem like it was definitely going to, even though they had to have known it wasn't.
(And selling stores on exclusive variant covers for a non-event? Really?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Sam_Vimes wrote:I grew up on Bendis, so I'm liking the Superman books too. I think he "gets" the character more than Tom King gets Batman, which is my main complaint with him. Like, you know what, King? Batman and Alfred DON'T hug! They just don't! Stop trying to make Batman do normal people things, he doesn't know how!

I'm not so mad the wedding didn't actually happen as I am with DC and how they went over-the-top to make it seem like it was definitely going to, even though they had to have known it wasn't.
(And selling stores on exclusive variant covers for a non-event? Really?)
Well, I guess they are a business...if people will pay stupid prices for variants, it's easy money...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 am

MajorHoy wrote: . . . Coming soon / eventually:
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Issue_10
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9
The critically acclaimed series by master storytellers Geoff Johns and Gary Frank reaches its most shocking chapter yet when the DC Universe collides with its greatest threat: Dr. Manhattan. But nothing is hidden from Manhattan, and the secrets of the past, present and future will rock the very foundation of the DC Universe.
Art / Cover / Variant cover by: Gary Frank
Written by: Geoff Johns
U.S. Cover Price: $4.99
https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doomsday-clock-2017/doomsday-clock-9

Note on availability date: Originally solicited for January 23rd, at some point it had been changed to January 30th, but now it's listed for February 6th, 2019.
Now it looks like it's been bumped out to "In Shops: Feb 13, 2019"?!? Rolling Eyes
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 am

All things come to he who waits.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:06 pm

tony ingram wrote:All things come to he who waits.
I'm still waiting to see when it actually ships, and also what happens to the date for issue #10 (which is still currently listed for March 27th, 2019).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: . . . Originally solicited for January 23rd, at some point it had been changed to January 30th, but now it's listed for February 6th, 2019.
Now it looks like it's been bumped out to "In Shops: Feb 13, 2019"?!? Rolling Eyes  
We now have "In Shops: Feb 20, 2019".

Do I hear February 27th coming next?

NOTE: Issue #10 is STILL listed as "In Shops: Mar 27, 2019", but how realistic does that seem at this point?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:43 am

Supposedly, writers at DC now have a date by which they can start using the JSA again, but I've seen no indication of when that date is. And the writer of Hawkman has confirmed he's not currently allowed to reference the team. It's frustrating.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: . . . Originally solicited for January 23rd, at some point it had been changed to January 30th, but now it's listed for February 6th, 2019.

And as of today, Previewsworld is now saying
In Shops: Feb 27, 2019
for issue #9.   Razz
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
for issue #9.   Razz

I think of a discussion my friends and I have had before, about how comics used to never be late, the editors made them come out on time. And how my friends no longer read comics in part because they hate things being so late so often...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:31 am

Mbast1 wrote: I think of a discussion my friends and I have had before, about how comics used to never be late, the editors made them come out on time. And how my friends no longer read comics in part because they hate things being so late so often...
But back in the old days, they'd also use reprints or filler stories when the "Dreaded Deadline Doom" struck, which was just an interruption in the then on-going storyline.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Mbast1 wrote: I think of a discussion my friends and I have had before, about how comics used to never be late, the editors made them come out on time. And how my friends no longer read comics in part because they hate things being so late so often...
But back in the old days, they'd also use reprints or filler stories when the "Dreaded Deadline Doom" struck, which was just an interruption in the then on-going storyline.
Yeah, that used to be frustrating at times. On the whole, I'd rather have a late book.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:03 pm

tony ingram wrote:All things come to he who waits.
And the wait is getting even longer!

MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:

for issue #9. Razz
Make that:
In Shops: Mar 06, 2019

MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Aaaargh!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 pm

MajorHoy wrote:But back in the old days, they'd also use reprints or filler stories when the "Dreaded Deadline Doom" struck, which was just an interruption in the then on-going storyline.

True, but if you were expected to be there each week to get something, there had better be something there to get.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:But back in the old days, they'd also use reprints or filler stories when the "Dreaded Deadline Doom" struck, which was just an interruption in the then on-going storyline.
True, but if you were expected to be there each week to get something, there had better be something there to get.
And back then, many of us (at least here in the U.S.) were relying on comic books to show up on spinner racks (or some other display source) at stores that weren't just selling comic books, so it wasn't quite the same mentality as the current "New Comic Book Wednesday!" at comic book shops.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:20 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Mbast1 wrote:
And back then, many of us (at least here in the U.S.) were relying on comic books to show up on spinner racks (or some other display source) at stores that weren't just selling comic books, so it wasn't quite the same mentality as the current "New Comic Book Wednesday!" at comic book shops.
In the UK, different comics came out on different days, so there was usually something new at the newsagents.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:20 pm

tony ingram wrote:Aaaargh!

This might make you feel a little better:

https://www.newsarama.com/44051-the-justice-society-returns-in-doomsday-clock-9.html
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Aaaargh!

This might make you feel a little better:

https://www.newsarama.com/44051-the-justice-society-returns-in-doomsday-clock-9.html
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!! Laughing
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:11 am

tony ingram wrote:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!! Laughing
Don't get too excited yet.

From the article:

Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Ahr0cd10
Doomsday Clock artist Gary Frank has shared a page from the upcoming #10 which shows the apparent return of the classic Justice Society.

Pictured seated at a round table in an homage to the JSA's first appearance are (from left to right) Atom, Sandman, the Spectre, the Flash/Jay Garrick, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Green Lantern/Alan Scott, and Hourman.

I know the wait for 9 is frustrating but here's a glimpse of 10 to be getting on with. pic.twitter.com/DOXxdWez5e

— Gary Frank (@1moreGaryFrank) February 22, 2019

Doomsday Clock #9 is due March 6, to be followed by #10 on March 27.
For one thing, we have no idea if issue #10 will still be out March 27th or not.
(It's currently scheduled for then, but who knows at the moment if it will stay with that date or if DC will start delaying a week or two every now and then like they did for issue #9?)

Second, we don't know if they "return" in the actual story itself, or if maybe we're seeing a page in a comic book a character is reading or something?

Remember the variant cover for the issue:
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series 001_va10

MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:12 am

Am I allowed to be cautiously optimistic?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:07 pm

tony ingram wrote:Am I allowed to be cautiously optimistic?
Very cautiously, but temper the enthusiasm and stay more at a "hopeful" level at least until the issue is released (whether that's at the end of March or later).

Since, as far as I'm aware, it's never been explained why there were so many delays to the date for issue #9 finally coming out, I really don't know how fast they can get issue #10 out after that
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:08 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Am I allowed to be cautiously optimistic?
Very cautiously, but temper the enthusiasm and stay more at a "hopeful" level at least until the issue is released (whether that's at the end of March or later).

Since, as far as I'm aware, it's never been explained why there were so many delays to the date for issue #9 finally coming out, I really don't know how fast they can get issue #10 out after that
I think that in an attempt to make it as special as possible, Geoff Johns is hand lettering each individual copy. And then hand delivering them to the shops.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 pm

tony ingram wrote: think that in an attempt to make it as special as possible, Geoff Johns is hand lettering each individual copy. And then hand delivering them to the shops.
Is he hand-stapling each and every copy, too?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:23 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote: think that in an attempt to make it as special as possible, Geoff Johns is hand lettering each individual copy. And then hand delivering them to the shops.
Is he hand-stapling each and every copy, too?
That's what I've heard! The man is a saint.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:04 am

MajorHoy wrote: . . . From the article:
Doomsday Clock (12-issue series) - solict info for last third of the series Ahr0cd10
Doomsday Clock artist Gary Frank has shared a page from the upcoming #10 which shows the apparent return of the classic Justice Society.

Pictured seated at a round table in an homage to the JSA's first appearance are (from left to right) Atom, Sandman, the Spectre, the Flash/Jay Garrick, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Green Lantern/Alan Scott, and Hourman.

I know the wait for 9 is frustrating but here's a glimpse of 10 to be getting on with. pic.twitter.com/DOXxdWez5e

— Gary Frank (@1moreGaryFrank) February 22, 2019

Doomsday Clock #9 is due March 6, to be followed by #10 on March 27.
For one thing, we have no idea if issue #10 will still be out March 27th or not.
(It's currently scheduled for then, but who knows at the moment if it will stay with that date or if DC will start delaying a week or two every now and then like they did for issue #9?)
By the way, while issue #9 is still currently scheduled for March 6th, Issue #10 is now listed as shipping on April 03, 2019.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:10 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: . . . For one thing, we have no idea if issue #10 will still be out March 27th or not.
By the way, while issue #9 is still currently scheduled for March 6th, Issue #10 is now listed as shipping on April 03, 2019.
Issue #10 is now listed for April 10, 2019.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:14 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
MajorHoy wrote: . . . For one thing, we have no idea if issue #10 will still be out March 27th or not.
Issue #10 is now listed for April 10, 2019.
So, basically a month after issue #9, which would be a definite improvement! Issue #9 is interesting, BTW: our heroes finally stop treading water and confront Dr. Manhattan on Mars! Things are starting to happen! Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:02 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Issue #10 is now listed for April 10, 2019.
So, basically a month after issue #9, which would be a definite improvement!
That's "basically a month after issue #9" IF they don't keep bumping the date out every week or two (like they did with issue #9, which was originally solicited for January 23rd).

Only time will tell if that happens or not.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
That's "basically a month after issue #9" IF they don't keep bumping the date out every week or two (like they did with issue #9, which was originally solicited for January 23rd).

On the other hand, does the frequency really matter? In the 70's, bi-monthly titles were common...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:21 pm

tony ingram wrote:On the other hand, does the frequency really matter? In the 70's, bi-monthly titles were common...
Yes, they were.

But Doomsday Cluck is a book that got downgraded from monthly to bi-monthly and is still having constant delays in when it's scheduled to be released.

If they just said that the next issue would be out two months after the latest one, that might be a different thing than the way they keep throwing those one-week and two-week delays out there.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:28 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:On the other hand, does the frequency really matter? In the 70's, bi-monthly titles were common...
Yes, they were.

But Doomsday Cluck is a book that got downgraded from monthly to bi-monthly and is still having constant delays in when it's scheduled to be released.

If they just said that the next issue would be out two months after the latest one, that might be a different thing than the way they keep throwing those one-week and two-week delays out there.
Thing about delays is, you can't predict them. If you could, they'd be called schedules.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:

Previewsworld now lists issue #10 as "In Shops: Apr 17, 2019"
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next