Classic Comedy Shows

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:17 pm

tony ingram wrote:It still amuses me that a show essentially about three old blokes became the longest running sit-com in the world. It ran for 31 seasons over 37 years!
Old geezers can be funny.
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Mbast1 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:44 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Old geezers can be funny.

You don't know how many times I heard "you guys never grow up, do you?"
avatar
Mbast1

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Mbast1 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:At least you have a girlfriend...

Oh, believe me, I know how lucky I am.
avatar
Mbast1

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Mbast1 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:55 pm

tony ingram wrote:It still amuses me that a show essentially about three old blokes became the longest running sit-com in the world. It ran for 31 seasons over 37 years!

Honestly, it's just consistently funny. I am not surprised it stayed on so long.
avatar
Mbast1

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:It still amuses me that a show essentially about three old blokes became the longest running sit-com in the world. It ran for 31 seasons over 37 years!

Honestly, it's just consistently funny. I am not surprised it stayed on so long.
I think most of the reason it stayed on so long was Bill Owen. The man was comedy gold.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5853
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Lucy McGough on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:It still amuses me that a show essentially about three old blokes became the longest running sit-com in the world. It ran for 31 seasons over 37 years!
Old geezers can be funny.

Yeah, blokes get better with age.
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2227
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 29
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:It still amuses me that a show essentially about three old blokes became the longest running sit-com in the world. It ran for 31 seasons over 37 years!
Old geezers can be funny.
Yeah, blokes get better with age.
But sometimes it's also when young writers have old blokes talk and act like younger guys.
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by tony ingram on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:28 am

Did they do that in Last of the Summer Wine? I always thought the characters tended to be a pretty accurate representation of people in their age bracket who were still just young at heart.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5853
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:29 pm

tony ingram wrote:Did they do that in Last of the Summer Wine? I always thought the characters tended to be a pretty accurate representation of people in their age bracket who were still just young at heart.
Well, that may be true for that, but there also times when it seems like it's older folks acting like younger dimwits on some shows as well.
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Lucy McGough on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Hey, old people can be dimwits too!
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2227
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 29
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Hey, old people can be dimwits too!
But dimwits in a different way.
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by tony ingram on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:40 am

MajorHoy wrote:
Lucy McGough wrote:Hey, old people can be dimwits too!
But dimwits in a different way.
At least they have an excuse for being a bit demented, unlike the average teenager.
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5853
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Lucy McGough on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:47 am

Teenagers have an excuse: hormones.
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2227
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 29
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:19 pm

And you know what they say: "Youth is wasted on the young."
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by tony ingram on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:31 pm

MajorHoy wrote:And you know what they say: "Youth is wasted on the young."
That is why I am secretly working on my Enervator ray, which when completed will allow me to drain the youth and vitality of the world's teenagers and transfer it to those of us more deserving of a second chance at life. All I need is one vital component, and I'll be ready to switch on and blanket the world with my E-Rays!
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5853
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:52 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:And you know what they say: "Youth is wasted on the young."
That is why I am secretly working on my Enervator ray, which when completed will allow me to drain the youth and vitality of the world's teenagers and transfer it to those of us more deserving of a second chance at life. All I need is one vital component, and I'll be ready to switch on and blanket the world with my E-Rays!
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by tony ingram on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:53 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:And you know what they say: "Youth is wasted on the young."
That is why I am secretly working on my Enervator ray, which when completed will allow me to drain the youth and vitality of the world's teenagers and transfer it to those of us more deserving of a second chance at life. All I need is one vital component, and I'll be ready to switch on and blanket the world with my E-Rays!
Oh, you know my Uncle Alan?
avatar
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 5853
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 47
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Lucy McGough on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:53 pm

tony ingram wrote:That is why I am secretly working on my Enervator ray, which when completed will allow me to drain the youth and vitality of the world's teenagers and transfer it to those of us more deserving of a second chance at life. All I need is one vital component, and I'll be ready to switch on and blanket the world with my E-Rays!
If the vital component is the heart/liver/spleen of a young woman, I am NOT coming to visit you next month.
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2227
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 29
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by MajorHoy on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:
tony ingram wrote:That is why I am secretly working on my Enervator ray, which when completed will allow me to drain the youth and vitality of the world's teenagers and transfer it to those of us more deserving of a second chance at life. All I need is one vital component, and I'll be ready to switch on and blanket the world with my E-Rays!
If the vital component is the heart/liver/spleen of a young woman, I am NOT coming to visit you next month.
But would you really miss your spleen?  Twisted Evil 
avatar
MajorHoy

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Lucy McGough on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Yes! It's MINE!  Mad 
avatar
Lucy McGough

Posts : 2227
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 29
Location : Northwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Comedy Shows

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum