Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC Future State (January-February 2021)

2 posters

Go down

DC Future State (January-February 2021) Empty DC Future State (January-February 2021)

Post by MajorHoy Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Figured we might as well get a separate thread for this . . .
DC Comics wrote:DC Future State (January-February 2021) --_fut11
DC FUTURE STATE GIVES FANS A LOOK AT THE FUTURE OF THE DC UNIVERSE THIS JANUARY!

An All-Star Lineup of Writers and Artists to Introduce Future DC Super Heroes and Terrifying New Super-Villains in This Two-Month, Line-Wide Event

Fans to Discover a New Status Quo for Their Favorite Super Heroes and Super-Villains

BURBANK, CA (October 15, 2020) – DC is starting 2021 off with a bang, giving fans a glimpse into futures both near and far, full of current and new characters as the publisher announced plans today for DC Future State, a two-month, line-wide event beginning in January. Through February 2021, the full title lineup will feature a combination of monthly and twice-monthly oversize anthologies, as well as a monthly schedule of miniseries and one-shots.

DC Future State spotlights the World’s Greatest Super Heroes in fresh new roles, with all-new characters taking up their iconic mantles. DC Future State features an incredible array of creative talent, combining award-winning writers and artists with new voices from the worlds of TV, movies and animation. In March 2021, the regular DC title lineup resumes, continuing existing story lines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year.

In DC Future State, the Multiverse has been saved from the brink of destruction, but the triumph of DC’s heroes has shaken loose the very fabric of time and space! The final chapter of Dark Nights: Death Metal (on sale January 5, 2021)  brings new life to DC’s Multiverse, kicking off this glimpse into the unwritten worlds of DC’s future!

“The DC Universe has always been fertile ground for new and refreshing takes on our characters, and DC Future State definitely contributes to this legacy,” said DC Executive Editor Marie Javins. “When the event begins in January, some savvy readers will not only pick up on some of the breadcrumbs that have already been tossed out in our current titles, but they will also find new hints and clues of what’s to come in 2021.”

A stellar array of writers and artists are on hand to deliver this unique look at beloved DC characters, including fan favorites such as Mariko Tamaki, Brian Michael Bendis, Gene Luen Yang, Joëlle Jones, Joshua Williamson, Nicola Scott, Cully Hamner and John Timms, along with new voices such as award-winning screenwriter John Ridley (12 Years A Slave), Brandon Vietti (Young Justice), Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls), Brandon Easton (Thundercats, Transformers: War for Cybertron), Alitha Martinez (REPRESENT! It’s A Bird!), L.L. McKinney (Nubia: Real One), Paula Sevenbergen (Stargirl) and Siya Oum (Lola XOXO), among others.
You can read the rest, including information of the various offerings for the two months, here:https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/10/15/dc-future-state-a-glimpse-into-the-future-of-the-dc-universe

Now, whether this is a chance to use the work already completed for the canceled 5G changes or something else, I have no idea.

I believe the solicitations for February 2021 have already been released, so I'm assuming covers and stuff are already out there.  And next month maybe we'll see the solicitations for March, when things may be reverting somewhat back to the latest status quo.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

DC Future State (January-February 2021) Empty Re: DC Future State (January-February 2021)

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:14 pm

MajorHoy wrote:

Now, whether this is a chance to use the work already completed for the canceled 5G changes or something else, I have no idea.
I was wondering the same thing, Major!

MajorHoy wrote:

I believe the solicitations for February 2021 have already been released, so I'm assuming covers and stuff are already out there.  And next month maybe we'll see the solicitations for March, when things may be reverting somewhat back to the latest status quo.

Btw, have you seen the "new Batman" for these two months of the Future State "event"? Rolling Eyes Sleep
Here's a variant cover of issue 2...
DC Future State (January-February 2021) Batman13

Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

DC Future State (January-February 2021) Empty Re: DC Future State (January-February 2021)

Post by MajorHoy Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:34 pm

I believe it's been revealed that the "Next Batman" is suppose to be Tim Fox, a son of Lucius Fox who showed up occasionally in stories back in around maybe the 1980s(?) and then seems to have pretty much been forgotten after Luke Fox rose to prominence as Batwing.

I'm actually debating about whether I might try out those Next Batman issues. I'm not buying the main Batman title nor Detective Comics, and I don't know if there's much incentive for me to buy them after Future State ends.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
I believe it's been revealed that the "Next Batman" is suppose to be Tim Fox, a son of Lucius Fox who showed up occasionally in stories back in around maybe the 1980s(?)...
Yes, and I suppose you should be able to find these stories online, as you do always for the anniversaries...  Wink
Btw, last years I was following the main Batman title on and off Rolling Eyes but I am really not interested in this small "two months event"; in fact I didn't ordered anything from the

Future State

titles last month, instead I have ordered Mad Magazine # 18 from Dc! Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . Btw, last years I was following the main Batman title on and off Rolling Eyes but I am really not interested in this small "two months event"; in fact I didn't ordered anything from the

Future State

titles last month . . .
I can understand that sentiment, but sometimes those two month alternate versions wind up being so much better than what we get from the regular on-going titles. Some of those two-issue Convergence titles from 2015 were quite enjoyable.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:16 am

MajorHoy wrote:
I can understand that sentiment, but sometimes those two month alternate versions wind up being so much better than what we get from the regular on-going titles.  Some of those two-issue Convergence titles from 2015 were quite enjoyable.

Yes, you're right, when writing the post I wasn't thinking about Convergence which was a very enjoyable series and also a two-month event too! The (variant) cover of this "next Batman" I posted above was not so convincing for me....we'll see what will happen next months in these Future State titles. Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down