Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hack O'Hara (cab driver)

2 posters

Go down

Hack O'Hara (cab driver) Empty Hack O'Hara (cab driver)

Post by MajorHoy Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:20 pm

First appearance: Crack Comics #21 (February 1942)
<on sale date = December 17, 1941>
Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _00_cr10

Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _01a_h10
Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _02a_h10
Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _03a_h10
Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _04a_h10
Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _05a_h10

Hack O'Hara's feature lasted until the final issue of Crack Comics published by Quality Comics (#62, cover-dated September 1949).
I am not aware of his being used as a character in any DC Comics stories, but he did show up many years later in a story published by Image Comics:
Hack O'Hara (cab driver) _06z_h10
First published in Crack Comics #63 (October 2011) as part of Image's "Next Issue Project", and later reprinted in Savage Dragon #214 (June 2016).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hack O'Hara (cab driver) Empty Re: Hack O'Hara (cab driver)

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:20 am

I bought some of the "Next Issue Project" comics by those Erik Larsen associated artists; I remember that Image's Crack Comics # 63 had a nice Mike Allred variant cover, they were usually fun to read, then lost contact with them, did you read some of them too? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I bought some of the "Next Issue Project" comics by those Erik Larsen associated artists; I remember that Image's Crack Comics # 63 had a nice Mike Allred variant cover, they were usually fun to read, then lost contact with them, did you read some of them too? Wink
I was just getting back into buying comic books regularly back then, so I didn't see any of them when they were first available.
(I had pretty much stopped collecting comic books between 1995 and 2010, only occasionally looking at some on racks in book stores or maybe stopping off in a comic book store.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum