Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021

4 posters

Go down

Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021 Empty Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021

Post by MajorHoy Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:19 pm

This is from https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-world-war-ii-voice-cast/
Justice Society: World War II Movie Announces All-Star Voice Cast
Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021 Justic72

Stana Katic and Matt Bomer headline the all-star voice cast for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Justice Society: World War II animated movie.

The all-star voice cast for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Justice Society: World War II animated film has been announced.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justice Society: World War II stars Stana Katic as Wonder Woman, Matt Bomer as The Flash, Elysia Rotaru as Black Canary, Chris Diamantopoulos as Steve Trevor, Omid Abtahi as Hawkman, Matthew Mercer as Hourman, Armen Taylor as Jay Garrick, Liam McIntyre as Aquaman, Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West, Geoffrey Arend as Charles Halstead/Advisor, Keith Ferguson as Dr. Fate and Darin De Paul as Roosevelt.

Justice Society: World War II is the second of DC's animated film slate for 2021, following the release of the 1970s-set Batman: Soul of the Dragon. The others are the two-part adaptation for Batman: The Long Halloween. Batman: The Long Halloween Part 1 is slated to arrive in the summer of 2021, followed by Part 2 in the fall.

The superhero team of the Justice Society played a large role in the first season of Stargirl, which moves from DC Universe to The CW for Season 2.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Justice Society: World War II stars Stana Katic as Wonder Woman, Matt Bomer as The Flash, Elysia Rotaru as Black Canary, Chris Diamantopoulos as Steve Trevor, Omid Abtahi as Hawkman, Matthew Mercer as Hourman, Armen Taylor as Jay Garrick, Liam McIntyre as Aquaman, Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West, Geoffrey Arend as Charles Halstead/Advisor, Keith Ferguson as Dr. Fate and Darin De Paul as Roosevelt. The film is due to be released in spring 2021.
I'm assuming they're having Matt Bomer's The Flash (evidently not Jay Garrick, so probably Barry Allen?), Iris West, and possibly Aquaman in the "present day", not back during World War II, but who knows?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021 Empty Re: Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:59 am

Glad to know that that Barry Allen will be in the movie, too!  Cool
Surely we'll watch it when it'll come out, in one of these many online platforms, I suppose...  Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021 Empty Re: Justice Society: World War II Movie due to be released in 2021

Post by tony ingram Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:48 pm

I'm looking forward to it, but a bit baffled as to some of the character choices. Seriously, no Alan Scott!!!?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:39 pm

tony ingram wrote:I'm looking forward to it, but a bit baffled as to some of the character choices. Seriously, no Alan Scott!!!?
Maybe they want to avoid the sexual identity question? (Or maybe he would have been too powerful unless the Nazis were using wooden guns and wooden tanks?!?)

I'm still scratching my head over Black Canary being included, a character who wasn't created until after the war had ended.
I do realize they probably wanted another female in the mix besides Wonder Woman, and Black Canary (who, yes, was a member of the JSA in the Golden Age) is probably more familiar to non-comic book readers, but still.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:57 am

tony ingram wrote:I'm looking forward to it, but a bit baffled as to some of the character choices. Seriously, no Alan Scott!!!?

Generally, I love DC animated movies. But, I sometimes do wonder what they're thinking. Like with Killing Joke. The Barbara storyline was there, I THINK, to connect her more to Batman. Uh, because he'd only care if he were sleeping with her? Weird.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down