Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers!

5 posters

Go down

I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers! Empty I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers!

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:57 pm

Ok, I've actually had a lot of letters printed over the years, but y'know, letters columns are now rarer than hen's teeth and Avengers hasn't had one at all for years now, so when I wrote to them with a gripe about a continuity issue I certainly wasn't expecting them to print it! Then today, I picked up the latest issue, and there's my email taking up half of a totally unexpected letters page! Made my day...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers! Empty Re: I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers!

Post by MajorHoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:11 am

tony ingram wrote:Ok, I've actually had a lot of letters printed over the years, but y'know, letters columns are now rarer than hen's teeth and Avengers hasn't had one at all for years now, so when I wrote to them with a gripe about a continuity issue I certainly wasn't expecting them to print it! Then today, I picked up the latest issue, and there's my email taking up half of a totally unexpected letters page! Made my day...
Very cool.

Congrats!
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers! Empty Re: I got a letter printed in the latest Avengers!

Post by Philip K Ditko Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:37 pm

What was the continuity issue?
Philip K Ditko
Philip K Ditko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:05 am

tony ingram wrote:Ok, I've actually had a lot of letters printed over the years, but y'know, letters columns are now rarer than hen's teeth and Avengers hasn't had one at all for years now, so when I wrote to them with a gripe about a continuity issue I certainly wasn't expecting them to print it! Then today, I picked up the latest issue, and there's my email taking up half of a totally unexpected letters page! Made my day...

That is really fun. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the comics store!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:07 am

Philip K Ditko wrote:What was the continuity issue?

Yes, which one was it, Tony? Cool
And which issue of Avengers we have to search for? Very Happy

Sorry to be quite absent these weeks guys, busy times at home and at work,I hope to get back to old habits in the next few weeks. Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 am

I think it was issue 57, the one before the latest one. I was querying the current status of the original Nighthawk, and why nobody seems to have noticed he's been replaced by a black guy with the same secret identity.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:35 pm

tony ingram wrote:I think it was issue 57, the one before the latest one. I was querying the current status of the original Nighthawk, and why nobody seems to have noticed he's been replaced by a black guy with the same secret identity.
Was that the Nighthawk with the Squadron Supreme that chopped the head off of Prince Namor a few years back?

Though Namor did eventually feel better after that little boo-boo . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:08 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I think it was issue 57, the one before the latest one. I was querying the current status of the original Nighthawk, and why nobody seems to have noticed he's been replaced by a black guy with the same secret identity.
Was that the Nighthawk with the Squadron Supreme that chopped the head off of Prince Namor a few years back?

Though Namor did eventually feel better after that little boo-boo . . .

No, the impression we're being given is that the current one was literally created by Mephisto.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 pm

tony ingram wrote:No, the impression we're being given is that the current one was literally created by Mephisto.
Mephisto?

Oy vey . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:52 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:No, the impression we're being given is that the current one was literally created by Mephisto.
Mephisto?  

Oy vey . . .  
You haven't been keeping up with the Avengers for the last few years, have you? This has been slowly unfolding for quite some time.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 pm

tony ingram wrote:You haven't been keeping up with the Avengers for the last few years, have you? This has been slowly unfolding for quite some time.
I haven't been keeping up with any Marvel comics for the past few years.

I got burnt out with all the events that resulted in books I liked suddenly ending and everything changing. (They did that a few too many times to me with Black Widow, among others. Killing her off with Secret Empire, then bringing her back in a cloned body, which apparently had happened a few times before though we readers never knew that, really was too much for me.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:37 pm

You've been missing some good material. Immortal Hulk, Black Cat, the current She-Hulk series, all easily as good as or better than a lot of the older material.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down