Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilbert: Any Fans?

4 posters

Go down

Dilbert: Any Fans? Empty Dilbert: Any Fans?

Post by Hourglass Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Dilbert: Any Fans? Etch-a-sketch

I first became a fan of the Dilbert comic series at school. Back then I used to do weekend work for my granddads company and I found in one of the draws "The Dilbert Principle". I was amused to see just how accurate some of the characters in the strip were to real people at my own company.

I wasn't to fond of the TV show version as I felt it lost a lot of the humor and irony of the comics. I've been out of the loop for a while so today as a treat I just bought a few more of the latest DIlbert books. apparently theres some amusing little arcs that ive missed.

Any of you fans of the series?
Hourglass
Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Dilbert: Any Fans? Empty Re: Dilbert: Any Fans?

Post by tony ingram Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 pm

I used to follow Dilbert, but since I've always shied away from office environments I suspect I can't connect with it as well as some. To me, it reinforces my impressions of such places as soul destroying...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hourglass Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:19 pm

They are quite frankly
Hourglass
Hourglass

Back to top Go down

Post by MR X Sun May 02, 2010 8:41 pm

This strip is fantastically succesful, appearing in at least 2000 newspapers worldwide........this is big-league stuff, as HAGAR the HORRIBLE is in about 1900 papers, and PEANUTS [the most successful newspaper strip in history] is in around 2,500 papers.

I can't say I'm a great fan of the artwork, but there is definately a lot of sharp humour in the writing, and I find Scott Adam's philosopies and writing in his DILBERT offshoot books entertaining and witty.
MR X
MR X

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Hourglass wrote:Any of you fans of the series?

I love it. I think Adams himself is one of those self-important people who just start from the position that they're smarter than anyone else, but his work is really funny. I used to work in an office, so I get it from that perspective, but it's pretty funny even now that I don't.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down