Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CHAMPION NEWSPAPER COMIC!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

THE CHAMPION NEWSPAPER COMIC!!!!! Empty THE CHAMPION NEWSPAPER COMIC!!!!!

Post by pete357 Sun May 15, 2011 3:41 pm

HEY all iam just wondering if there is anyone out there that could help me put a price on some uk champion newspaper comics i have i have 165 issues from 1942-1954 if there is anyone out there that could help i would be greatfull cheers

pete357

Back to top Go down

THE CHAMPION NEWSPAPER COMIC!!!!! Empty Re: THE CHAMPION NEWSPAPER COMIC!!!!!

Post by tony ingram Sun May 15, 2011 3:49 pm

I have a number of these somewhere, but I'd have to do some research to find a guide price. I'll see what I can find. What kind of condition are they in?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by felneymike Sun May 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Maybe £2-3 each. Bit more for the wartime ones if they are in decent nick.

felneymike

Back to top Go down

Post by pete357 Mon May 16, 2011 8:39 am

Condition varies some are in great nick and others have ware and tear from the years but all in all are in good nick for there year and i have all sorts from war to boxing cricket soccer you name it i probably have it i have noticed the prices vary from issue to issue some cost more then others would love to find out which issues exactly cheers

pete357

Back to top Go down

THE CHAMPION NEWSPAPER COMIC!!!!! Empty Your price guide

Post by pete357 Tue May 17, 2011 4:21 pm

tony ingram wrote:I have a number of these somewhere, but I'd have to do some research to find a guide price. I'll see what I can find. What kind of condition are they in?

Hey mate just wondering if you managed to get this priceguide you speak of sounds good ???? Evil or Very Mad

pete357

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue May 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Both guides I've checked seem to concur with Felneymike's earlier assessment. The 1942-1945 editions are probably worth around £4.00 to £5.00 each, the later ones between £2.00 and £3.00 if in good condition. You'd get the best price by a private sale though, a dealer will necessarily give you considerably less than the resale value.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete357 Tue May 17, 2011 4:40 pm

tony ingram wrote:Both guides I've checked seem to concur with Felneymike's earlier assessment. The 1942-1945 editions are probably worth around £4.00 to £5.00 each, the later ones between £2.00 and £3.00 if in good condition. You'd get the best price by a private sale though, a dealer will necessarily give you considerably less than the resale value.

So my good friend if you had these issues how much would YOU want want to recieve for them that's what iam trying to find out for all 165 issues from the 1942-1952 ..... your the maaaan

pete357

Back to top Go down

Post by pete357 Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 am

How much do you think i could get for them thru a private sale or selling them in the bulk stack

pete357

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri May 20, 2011 2:14 pm

You'd probably get less selling them in bulk than individually, but it could take a long time to sell them individually and if you did it through an auction site like ebay you'd still be paying seller fees for listing them. Other sites are free to list but get little traffic. They are collectible, but that doesn't really help if you can't get word out to potential buyers that you have them. And they are a niche market. They're probably worth (as a bulk lot) potentially about £300 (that's a very rough estimate without seeing them) but I wouldn't count on selling them quickly.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete357 Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 am

Well what if i was to take a photo of some and e mail it to you so you an have a look and let me know what you think

pete357

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon May 23, 2011 6:10 pm

pete357 wrote:Well what if i was to take a photo of some and e mail it to you so you an have a look and let me know what you think
That would be a help!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete357 Tue May 24, 2011 4:24 am

Okay well all i need is your e amil adress mate and ill be sure to send you some pics of them

pete357

Back to top Go down

Post by felneymike Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 pm

You could see if compalcomics.com want them. Or try listing them as a lump on ebay and see where the bidding goes. Single issues of serial-heavy papers tend to sit around on there because nobody wants to buy just one that has a load of incomplete stories on, neither do they want to spend "loads" buying a ton of issues. BUT if a ton of issues are advertised in one lot people might jump at it.

felneymike

Back to top Go down

Post by pete357 Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 am

Well i have narowed it down i have from the year 1944-1951 champion newspaper comics from volumes 45-59 all together i have around 185 books i will attempt to put them on either e bay or other site for 5 pounds a peace times 185 and see how it goes i thinks it's pretty fair

pete357

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am

I think you'll need to start lower than that-buyers on ebay almost invariably want something for nothing. You're more likely to get a couple of people bidding on an item that starts at 99p and pushing the price up than you are to get one person buying something outright at a fiver. Also, on ebay the higher the starting price the higher the higher the insertion fee.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down