Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

Go down

Rate The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_lcap0%The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_lcap33%The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_lcap33%The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_lcap0%The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Empty The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

Post by tony ingram on Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:36 pm

So, thoughts? I thought last year's Christmas special was better, but still enjoyed this bit of lightweight fluff, and the guest cast were great (though Bill Bailey was shamefully underused). I did like the homage to C.S Lewis...

Last edited by tony ingram on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Empty Re: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

Post by alanultron5 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Afraid I can't really comment because after a few minutes (When the `Caretaker` was showing family around the house) I had enough and put on a DVD! There Y'go.

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Empty Re: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

Post by tony ingram on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:25 pm

That's a shame, as after the first ten minutes the story actually picked up. I think the rather stylisted and frantic beginning was an attempt to evoke a subconscious comparison to theings like the various live action CS Lewis adaptions with perhaps a touch of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Whether it worked or not is a matter of personal taste, I guess...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBF on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:09 am

Is Bill Bailey the bloke who looks like a Klingon without the make up?Didn't see the Doctor this time around. Must have been watching Coronation Street or Emmerdale...
GBF
GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:33 am

GBF wrote:Is Bill Bailey the bloke who looks like a Klingon without the make up?
That is a scarily accurate description.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:27 am

I thought it was about the same as ACC - i.e it sucked very serious wheelbarrows.
codywillis1
codywillis1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 am

Wheelbarrows!!!?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 pm

That's how large the suck was. Wink
codywillis1
codywillis1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum