Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler)

+2
freedumbdclxvi
tony ingram
6 posters

Go down

They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler) Empty They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler)

Post by tony ingram Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:33 pm

The Daleks have been confirmed as returning in episode one of series seven...and this photo has surfaced via Steven Moffat on Twitter. It appears he wasn't lying when he said, in answer to the question "what kind", that we'd be getting "every kind"... Very Happy

They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler) Dalek
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler) Empty Re: They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler)

Post by freedumbdclxvi Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:31 pm

that is gonna rock if that is the case!

freedumbdclxvi

Back to top Go down

They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler) Empty Re: They're Back-and You Really Need to See This Photo! (Spoiler)

Post by tony ingram Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Admittedly, anything would be better than the most recent redesign, but yeah-the original is still the best, I think!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by freedumbdclxvi Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:55 pm

i think i'm one of the few that didn't dislike the skittles daleks. not sure what it is but, for some reason, i just liked how they looked.

(honestly, i think it's my hope that the yellow "eternal" turns out to be a reborn emperor.)

freedumbdclxvi

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:15 pm

I think it's the fact that they don't have the classic silhouette that puts me off, that 'luggage compartment' in the back just looks wrong.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Hallelujah! That's more like it Very Happy
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 am

Cue episode which kills off the teletubby Daleks. Wink
codywillis1
codywillis1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 am

codywillis1 wrote:Cue episode which kills off the teletubby Daleks. Wink
That was my first thought, too. here's hoping.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Bit of a waste of time and money, though.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 pm

I have little sympathy. You don't mess with a classic design.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Except if you're trying to sell action figures Razz
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Or if you're DC Comics, I guess.
Or, for that matter, if you're trying to sell action figures based on DC Comics (the 90's craze for Batman action figures threw up some very odd variations)...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:58 pm

More snippets of info. A guy on Twitter has released a photo of his own (late 70's style) Dalek being packed off to Cardiff, presumably to take part in filming...

http://twitter.com/#!/andrewcsmith63/status/187123213082443777/photo/1
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 am

Is that a real plunger?
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:26 am

I think it's real, but whether it's the right plunger is debatable...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 am

Yet another old series Dalek confirmed, the gold model from Day of the Daleks! It has been borrowed by the BBC from The Sun's HQ in Wapping, where it's been unn erving visitors for the last six years. Apparently, the BBC have put out a general call to Dalek owners everywhere to loan their alien 'pets' for the new series. Looks like it's goping to be something of a Dalek spectacular...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4247386/Its-REJUVENATE-as-Suns-model-Dalek-is-called-back-to-action.html
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesShark Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Episode title is allegedly 'The Asylum of the Daleks'. The Special Weapons Dalek from Remembrance has also been confirmed, according to the Metro a couple of weeks back.

We're also getting a Western episode this series, apparently.

Can't say I felt one way or the other about the re-design (mostly just sick of daleks full stop by then. RTD's painful warping of the concept had robbed them of any pleasure for me). I understood why it was necesssary (HD tv) and also understood that the 'hump' was put in to make life easier for the operators, which didn't seem unreasonable to me. I have to say that having overseen the re-design I can't see Moffat just writing them out, though re-watching season 6 recently that's excatly what he did with RTD's bloody silly inter-dimensional cybermen.
BluesShark
BluesShark

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:35 pm

My personal theory re the interdimensional Cybermen is that after their defeat at Canary Wharf, a group of scavenging Telosian Cybermen (the faction that David Banks, in his Cyberman history, calls 'Cyber Neomorphs') discovered the remains of several of them and attempted to incorporate elements of their technology into their own design, eventually succeeding (resulting in the most recent lot looking almost identical to the Cybusmen) but not before a buch of them were driven totally nuts by incompatible programming and launched a ludicrous scheme to invade Victorian London with a giant 'Cyber King' despite having no logical use for the concept of Monarchy.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesShark Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Oooohhh. There's an episode called Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. That really ought to be dedicated to Ray Bradbury...

And looks like the Moff has put the boot into the movie as well...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/aug/01/doctor-who-film-rumour-dismissed
BluesShark
BluesShark

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:58 am

I'm glad Moffat has quashed that particular rumour-it was blatant nonsense but for some reason some people were believing it and it was all getting a bit much. People seem to be obsessed with reboots and reimaginings these days.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 am

"But the idea of a rebooted continuity, a different Doctor ... that's writing the book on how to destroy a franchise."

I loved that bit. Makes me feel safer.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 am

Trust in the Moff. He will not betray you.

(we won't talk about 'those' Daleks)
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:24 pm

New series trailer here.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Audio for those without sound

Rory looks out of the spaceship window at the Dalek ships and asks, "So how much trouble are we in?"

The Doctor is surrounded by a huge hall full of Daleks and says, "You've got me. What are you waiting for? At long last, here I am!"

The Doctor looks at the dinosaurs on the spaceship and says, "Dinosaurs! On a spaceship!" (Okay, it's not his best line.)

Two huge robots confront the Doctor and some other people - somewhere underground? - and say, "We're very cross with you."

The Doctor is speaking to Amy, sounding very angry, and saying, "Today, I honour the victims first - his; the Master's; the Daleks'; all the people who died because of my mercy!" Amy responds, "See, this is what happens when you travel alone for too long."

A stone cherub blows out a flame.

The Doctor says to Amy, "We'll get through this, I promise - don't be scared." Amy looks sultry and says, "Scared? Who's scared? Geronimo."

A man with a bionic eye says in a weird robot sort of voice, "Face me!"

Rory says, "Who killed all the Daleks?" The Doctor walks towards him carrying Amy and whispers, "Who do you think?"
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks for that, Luce. I will attempt to get my sound isues sorted soon... Embarassed
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:00 pm

... or I'll end up having to transcribe entire new episodes for you Very Happy
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by codywillis1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

I looked at this thread while logged at and for some reason at the bottom of the screen it said: