Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case...

4 posters

Go down

If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case... Empty If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case...

Post by tony ingram Mon May 28, 2012 3:51 pm

...who else would like to see them licence the original Superman character from Action Comics #1 to Dynamite or Image? Preferably Dynamite, I rthink, as they have a better track record of doing justice to classic characters. What do you think? Good or bad idea?

If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case... Img401-1
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case... Empty Re: If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case...

Post by Mbast1 Tue May 29, 2012 6:38 pm

If they win, half the fans on the DC boards. will cry themselves to sleep for weeks, thinking they've "lost" something THEY owned.

I don't know, Dynamite might work. I think we'd have to see it. I'd buy it, of course.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case... Empty Re: If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case...

Post by tony ingram Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Might even get a Superman/Shadow crossover...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed May 30, 2012 1:28 am

tony ingram wrote:Might even get a Superman/Shadow crossover...

I'd prefer a Superman/Doc Savage crossover. (Maybe a "Man named Kent"-like story...)
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 am

How about Superman/Doc Savage/Shadow/Green Hornet?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

tony ingram wrote:How about Superman/Doc Savage/Shadow/Green Hornet?

Yes. Oh-ho-ho YES.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 pm

tony ingram wrote:How about Superman/Doc Savage/Shadow/Green Hornet?

Ok, you win.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Given that Dynamite, in partnership with Marvel, have already done The Invaders, how about this...

If the Siegel Heirs Win the Superman Case... Jsa_vs_invaders-1
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 am

tony ingram wrote:Given that Dynamite, in partnership with Marvel, have already done The Invaders, how about this...

I wonder who'd write it?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:57 am

Well, I could give the obvious answer... Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:36 pm

tony ingram wrote:Well, I could give the obvious answer... Very Happy

There's only one person who'd write I'd want to read, but he'd never do it. Rightfully so, but it would be a great book.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 pm

You don't think he could be tempted by the chance to use all his favourite characters in one series?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 pm

tony ingram wrote:You don't think he could be tempted by the chance to use all his favourite characters in one series?

Maybe, but given DC's treatment of him, I wouldn't put too much hope into it.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 am

Sadly, you're probably right. Though if he wasn't working directly for DC...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:47 pm

tony ingram wrote:Though if he wasn't working directly for DC...

Ask Alan Moore how well that works.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Good point. Though Moore had no real choice in the matter, as I recall.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:33 pm

tony ingram wrote:Good point. Though Moore had no real choice in the matter, as I recall.

True, but it just shows how untrustworthy they can be.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:36 am

Okay, it's taken me over a week, but I think I figured out who you're talking about: Roy Thomas, right? Right? Do I get a cookie?

(What'd DC do to him, incidentally?)
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Sam_Vimes wrote:Okay, it's taken me over a week, but I think I figured out who you're talking about: Roy Thomas, right? Right? Do I get a cookie?

(What'd DC do to him, incidentally?)
He disliked the way he was mesed around over the Earth Two situation in the eighties and the way his characters have been treated since. And he doesn't like the new Earth Two at all.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:23 am

tony ingram wrote:He disliked the way he was mesed around over the Earth Two situation in the eighties

This was all I meant.
According to things I've read over the years, Thomas was told Earth-2 would still be around after Crisis, but they changed that at the last minute, leaving him no way out of stories he'd worked on, except to quickly end things and move to Young All Stars. Not a bad book, but not as good as All Star Squadron.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:43 am

I think RT's comparative lack of enthusiasm for the project showed in the first few issues, but YAS did improve. It was just too little, too late.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

Poor old Roy. Genius like that deserves better.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

I'd just give him his own corner of the DCU, existing in its own little continuity bubble, and let him run with it...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:02 pm

tony ingram wrote:I'd just give him his own corner of the DCU, existing in its own little continuity bubble, and let him run with it...

Which was the plan at one point, it seems. Ah, what could have been.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spektre Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 am

Would love to see a trademark/copyright split to hopefully once and for all decide whether perpetual copyright is granted via the trademark laws.
Spektre
Spektre

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 am

I confess, US copyright law still baffles me. It seems to make very little sense.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down