Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith!

5 posters

Go down

It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith! Empty It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith!

Post by tony ingram Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Apparently, former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston is in talks about playing Malekith the accursed, ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim in the next Thor movie! Funnt, I nver quite pictured Malekith as having that accent. But I guess every dark realm has a North...

It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith! Malekith_001
"Ee, I'll go to t'foot of our stairs if it's not t'God of thoonder!"
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith! Empty Re: It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith!

Post by Lucy Ingram Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm

tony ingram wrote:"Ee, I'll go to t'foot of our stairs if it's not t'God of thoonder!"
Have you been on the gin again?
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith! Empty Re: It's Grim Up Svartalfheim: Eccleston to play Malekith!

Post by Mbast1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:03 pm

tony ingram wrote:Apparently, former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston is in talks about playing Malekith the accursed, ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim in the next Thor movie!

He's great. First noticed him in Cracker (a fantastic series...) and then as Doctor Who he made me want to watch it. (Mind you, I will always think of David Tennant as MY Doctor, but that's not a slight to Eccleston). I'm looking forward to this now.
But, I never did see G. I. Joe, even he couldn't get me to that movie.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:05 pm

I am a bit biased when it comes to G.I Joe, or as we knew it in Britain, Action Force. Destro and Cobra Commander were no substitute for Baron Ironblood and the Black Major.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:02 am

Baron Ironblood and the Black Major are much cooler names. Not so much "Action Force", though.
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:Baron Ironblood and the Black Major are much cooler names. Not so much "Action Force", though.
Check out http://bloodforthebaron.com Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 am

Ooo, there are free comics to read on that! Thank you very much, Tony!
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by BluesShark Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm

So is this going to be Eccleston the proper actor from Second Coming, 28 Days Later and Dr Who or the clown who dialled in one of the worst performances in modern cinema history in G.I. Joe?

To give the worst performance in a movie that also has Sienna Miller in the cast really does take some doing but he managed it with some ease.
BluesShark
BluesShark

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 am

I just found it funny that for months we had to put up with pretentious journos telling us how lucky creaky old Doctor Who had been to be relaunched with such a respected serious actor in the lead role, only for his next two major projects to be a bit part in Heroes and G.I Joe! Razz
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down