Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it!

5 posters

Go down

Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it! Empty Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it!

Post by tony ingram Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:11 am

Marvel are finally set to republish the epic 1980s/90s eries Miracleman beginning in January 2014, with Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham then concluding the story they began at Eclipse before that publisher went bankrupt. Presumably, this means that the long running legal wrangles over ownership of certain elements of the series have finally been settled. But the real question as far as I'm concerned is: since Marvel now own the name 'Marvelman', why on Earth are they still using the placeholder name 'Miracleman', which was only used by Eclipse because Marvel threatened legal action?

Last edited by tony ingram on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it! Empty Re: Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it!

Post by Mbast1 Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 pm

tony ingram wrote:since Marvel now own the name 'Marvelman', why on Earth are they still using the placeholder name 'Miracleman', which was only used by Eclipse because Marvel threatened legal action?
My assumption is that that is the name by which it's known in the US, where Marvel is and where they think their best sales will be. It's more famous as Miracleman, I would guess.
I'm looking forward to this. I have been trying to complete my run for a while, but I'll be holding off I think until this is done.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it! Empty Re: Marvel to Republish Miracleman...and Conclude it!

Post by tony ingram Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:44 am

I suppose that's logical, but it's still infuriating. I've been waiting a long time for Marvelman to return as Marvelman!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Vimes Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:55 am

Well, at least it isn't "Man of Miracles", right?
Sam_Vimes
Sam_Vimes

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 am

Sam_Vimes wrote:Well, at least it isn't "Man of Miracles", right?
Please, don't remind me! To think that McFarlane could have ended up in possession of MM is just too distressing.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:46 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Please, don't remind me! To think that McFarlane could have ended up in possession of MM is just too distressing.
There are worse fates. (Aren't there?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:20 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
There are worse fates. (Aren't there?)
Yes, but Liefeld has probably never heard of MM.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Sounds like a chocolate. Or a rapper.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down