Vargr, James Bond!

Go down

Vargr, James Bond! Empty Vargr, James Bond!

Post by Mbast1 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm

I haven't read it yet (my LCS got shorted, even though I've been waiting for this since it was announced) but has anyone else read Warren Ellis's James Bond book? First issue came out yesterday.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Vargr, James Bond! Empty Re: Vargr, James Bond!

Post by Barry_Allen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:11 pm

I did not read it at time, but now Dynamite hopefully will give us a way to recap the complete Warren Ellis's James Bond since the very beginning, with this Tpb to be published (maybe... Very Happy ) next 5 February! Cool Vargr, James Bond! Warren15
Also, in December Previews there is also a $ 1.00 edition of the first issue of that original James Bond Vargr mini-series!  Rolling Eyes
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I did not read it at time, but now Dynamite hopefully will give us a way to recap the complete Warren Ellis's James Bond since the very beginning, with this Tpb to be published (maybe... Very Happy ) next 5 February!  

I'm really looking forward to that. I didn't realize it wasn't until February, though...
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:04 am

This page from December Previews says 2/5 as publication date but of course Dynamite could delay the Tpb a bit....just see the first issue of Miss Fury: Joy Division, mini-series first scheduled for 3 October 2018, now annonced for 29 January 2020! Neutral Of course this James Bond Tpb is a collection of all Ellis material already published before so it should not be a problem to publish it in time. Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:This page from December Previews says 2/5 as publication date but of course Dynamite could delay the Tpb a bit....just see the first issue of Miss Fury: Joy Division, mini-series first scheduled for 3 October 2018, now annonced for 29 January 2020! Neutral Of course this James Bond Tpb is a collection of all Ellis material already published before so it should not be a problem to publish it in time. Wink
Well, being a collected edition does reduce the chance of it being delayed the way that the latest Miss Fury series has been. But on the other hand, if there isn't enough initial demand for a solicited a collected edition, that too could result in delays or even an outright cancellation of the solicited book. (But this being a James Bond book and the writer being Warren Ellis, I don't think it will get cancelled.)

For the record, though, I'm not really a Warren Ellis follower . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 am

MajorHoy wrote:

Me too, sure there was a time when he was very popular also here, but as a writer he never "caught" me, with Freakangels, other Avatar Press titles, Marvel's NewUniversal... Neutral
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:39 am

MajorHoy wrote:

Me too, sure there was a time when he was very popular also here, but as a writer he never "caught" me, with Freakangels, other Avatar Press titles, Marvel's NewUniversal, Doom 2099... Neutral
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum