Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Feedback Thread: Crikey #13

+3
GBF
alanultron5
tony ingram
7 posters

Go down

The Feedback Thread: Crikey #13 Empty The Feedback Thread: Crikey #13

Post by tony ingram Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:37 am

This is your chance to let us know what you thought of the latest issue, and what we can do to improve the mag. We need your feedback-so give us some!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Feedback Thread: Crikey #13 Empty Re: The Feedback Thread: Crikey #13

Post by alanultron5 Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm

As I stated in another thead I loved Mike Higgs `Cloak` and his article on how the character came to be! The "Action" article was verey informative ass I knew little of the comic! There was a very good interview with someone-but I will have to read me No 13 again as I forget names too easily! Get back to you on this! Alan.

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:56 pm

RighT! Issue 13! (1) Kevin O' Neill interview! Superb early on as Kevin gave great insight to what a awfully retrogressive company I. P.C were! And people though Thomsons under R.D Lowe were `Archaic` Rest of Kev's interview where he mentions `Nemesis` and other 2000AD stuff, not so much to my taste-but certainly engrossing details for 2000AD fans!

(2) `The Cloak and I` Mike Higgs! FANTASTIC!! cheers So much to my taste! I had never read any comments by Mike before (or knew what he looked like!) Definatly a `Crikey!` winner!

(3) Alex Wiggins "Britains Got Talent" Gosh! did I get a duff print? It was that `shading` around the edges! My eyesight not too great and I can't make all of it out! From what I could glean Alex makes great points about `lack of credibility` of UK `heroes` as regarded in the media!

(4) Comic Life of Dr Who. Very good! I used to have the weekly/monthly for about 7 years! Funny! but the strips I disliked, I realised were written by an Alan moore! I wrote to the mag stating I didn't care for that much `sadism` One of the staff who I met at a London comic fair told me Mr Moore's `works` garnered fans and complaints about 40-60 to the latter!

(5) `The Cloak` strip! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers The only thing to top this would be a new `I. Spy` strip!

(6) Tank Girl! can't really comment! I read about 20 lines and gave up! Sorry!

(7) Nutty Notions! Tony! you should have perused me `Sparky-file` a bit more! "Invisible Dick" was drawn by Tony Speer! It ran from Feb to June 1967 then July 1968 to August 1974! The second run the longest continoius adventure strip in Sparky! The 1975-77 stuff were re-prints!

(Cool Pulp Rules OK! As someone who knew very little about `Action` I found this article most informative and written in a very engrossing style!

(9) Rise and Fall of Marvel UK I got to where the name Alan Moore started cropping up and that was that! Sorry!

That's about all! My most desired read in a future Crikey would be an interview with Peter Clark, But wether he is still around I don't know! (He wrote the `I. Spy` strip in Sparky to 1972!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:01 pm

The new Cloak strip seems to provoked more comment than anything we've done in recent issues, and all of it positive (so far)...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Deservedly Tony! A Crikey coup indeed! I hope Mike might be up for more!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:46 pm

alanultron5 wrote:Deservedly Tony! A Crikey coup indeed! I hope Mike might be up for more!
I echo that hope. We'll have to see...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBF Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:25 pm

...sorry about the 'muddy' Wiggan page - entirely my fault. It looked nice in colour but obviously didn't work in B&W. It won't happen again until it happens again...
GBF
GBF

http://www.glennbfleming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Just to point out: you can find more of the dubious wit and alleged wisdom of Alex Wiggan in the features section...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanultron5 Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:36 pm

It was just the edges of the article! I showed it to a friend to check-as my eyesight is a bit weak! He said he could read it-but it was difficult! Perhaps a slightly lighter tone would work better!

alanultron5

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:52 pm

alanultron5 wrote:It was just the edges of the article! I showed it to a friend to check-as my eyesight is a bit weak! He said he could read it-but it was difficult! Perhaps a slightly lighter tone would work better!
The reason some of this issue was a little dark is because it was originally in colour and when we had to scale back, it had to be converted. It shouldn't happen again.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiff_B Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 pm

I've only had a quick flick -- I have an odd habit with magazines I buy regularly of not reading an issue until I have the following one. A bit odd of me...

Thing that stands from a flick ais the 'Strip' section. Happy to see The Cloak, but with the reduced pagination, I rather see articles than strips.
Spiff_B
Spiff_B

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Spiff_B wrote:I've only had a quick flick -- I have an odd habit with magazines I buy regularly of not reading an issue until I have the following one. A bit odd of me...

Thing that stands from a flick ais the 'Strip' section. Happy to see The Cloak, but with the reduced pagination, I rather see articles than strips.
The strip section has generally gone down rather well-nbut while we intend to keep it, it won't be expanding and may not always have as many pages. Hatch and 4D Jones are likely to remain regulars and 14 has a rather nice centre pages strip lined up which I think might be considered an 'article' in itself...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiff_B Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:59 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Spiff_B wrote:I've only had a quick flick -- I have an odd habit with magazines I buy regularly of not reading an issue until I have the following one. A bit odd of me...

The strip section has generally gone down rather well-nbut while we intend to keep it, it won't be expanding and may not always have as many pages.
Sounds fine to me!
Spiff_B
Spiff_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Edwards Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:27 pm

My wife has just texted me to tell me that Crikey #13 has arrived in the post, and I'm stuck in work....

I'm really looking forwards to reading this one after hearing good things about it. I'll post again with my reactions when I've read it

Andrew Edwards

http://s2.webstarts.com/andrewedwards/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by shaqui Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Why was John M. Burns' art work of Costra from the 'Countdown' strip on the cover when nothing about it was featured within? From the cover alone, I expected an article...
shaqui
shaqui

Back to top Go down

Post by THEDRUNKENMASTERTWO Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 pm

one error, Alan Davies should have been Alan Davis on the cover of the Age of Chaos Doctor Who graphic novel, mind you its spelt wrong on the cover.
but a great issue, only just got a copy at the Doctor Who Launch party in London.

Excellent Kevin O'neil interview, and much much more, thanks.
THEDRUNKENMASTERTWO
THEDRUNKENMASTERTWO

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Edwards Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 pm

It's well overdue, but my reaction to Crikey! #13 was totally positive! Loved the whole issue, especially the Kev O'Neill interview.

I'm really enjoying Crikey! #14 so far. I'm snatching quick reads of it in between work, writing, eating and sleeping (the usual!). I love the Bryan Talbot cover, and the 3 page 'history' he created. The other stuff is great too!

Don't worry about the reduction in pages/colour - the stuff you are including is that good I haven't even thought about it!

Andrew Edwards

http://s2.webstarts.com/andrewedwards/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Andrew Edwards wrote:It's well overdue, but my reaction to Crikey! #13 was totally positive! Loved the whole issue, especially the Kev O'Neill interview.

I'm really enjoying Crikey! #14 so far. I'm snatching quick reads of it in between work, writing, eating and sleeping (the usual!). I love the Bryan Talbot cover, and the 3 page 'history' he created. The other stuff is great too!

Don't worry about the reduction in pages/colour - the stuff you are including is that good I haven't even thought about it!
Glad we're doing something right, Andrew! Bryan's piece was rather good, wasn't it? Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down