Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it?

4 posters

Go down

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it? Empty Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it?

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Another one of those "Whatever Happened To . . . ?" mysteries, but this time regarding a publication DC was suppose to have published by now.

Back in 2016, DC had indicated it was going to be offering a collected version of the 1990s Justice Society of America run by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck. But, that never came out. The release date on various sites delayed it until sometime in 2017.

Come 2017, DC had their catalog of DC Essential Graphic Novels which listed the book, so one would have thought it would definitely be available sometime that year, right?

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it? _dc_es10

Nope. Didn't happen. And here's an article from Bleeding Cool back in December 2017:
Len Strazewski Still Doesn’t Have Much Luck With the Justice Society of America

Okay, it's now 2018. The site Previewsworld (which is connected to Diamond Comic Distributors here in the U.S.) had a release date of "In Shops: Jun 27, 2018" for this to finally be released, but they haven't had a cover image to go with it.
And the DC Essential Graphic Novels 2018 catalog once again has this book listed (though the cover price and the format have changed).

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it? _dc_es11

But guess what? Sometime during mid-May and June 1st, the Previewsworld listing changed to: In Shops: Dec 26, 2018.

Rolling Eyes
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it? Empty Re: Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it?

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm

I don't suppose it's possible there are some kind of rights issues with the publication? Seems very odd, otherwise. Mind you, I'm still waiting for voume two of Infinity Inc: the Generations Saga.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it? Empty Re: Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Where is it?

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm

tony ingram wrote:I don't suppose it's possible there are some kind of rights issues with the publication? Seems very odd, otherwise. Mind you, I'm still waiting for voume two of Infinity Inc: the Generations Saga.
I thought I'd heard something about that Infinity Inc. second volume being out-and-out cancelled due to a lack of significant interest/pre-orders, but don't know for sure.
A similar problem is with DC's Sandman Mystery Theatre collected volumes. There was suppose to be a third volume released in June of 2017 (and is still listed on the DC/Vertigo website!!), but that apparently never happened.
See: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/11/third-time-unlucky-sandman-mystery-theatre-collections/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:47 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I don't suppose it's possible there are some kind of rights issues with the publication? Seems very odd, otherwise. Mind you, I'm still waiting for voume two of Infinity Inc: the Generations Saga.
I thought I'd heard something about that Infinity Inc. second volume being out-and-out cancelled due to a lack of significant interest/pre-orders, but don't know for sure.
A similar problem is with DC's Sandman Mystery Theatre collected volumes. There was suppose to be a third volume released in June of 2017 (and is still listed on the DC/Vertigo website!!), but that apparently never happened.
See: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/11/third-time-unlucky-sandman-mystery-theatre-collections/
I guess quality just doesn't sell.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
It probably would have done better if they had more appearances of Batman in them. Rolling Eyes
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
It probably would have done better if they had more appearances of Batman in them. Rolling Eyes  
Or any appearances of Batman, I guess. >sigh<
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 am

tony ingram wrote:I guess quality just doesn't sell.
Or not in large enough quantities to be commercially viable.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:30 pm

After some years... Rolling Eyes have these books been published, then?

- Sandman Mystery Theatre Third trade paperback;
- Infinity Inc: the Generations Saga vol. 2
- Justice Society of America: The complete series by Len Strazewski and (the late)  Mike Parobeck! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:44 pm

Predictably, we're still waiting for all of them, I think.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:26 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:After some years... Rolling Eyes have these books been published, then?

- Sandman Mystery Theatre Third trade paperback;
- Infinity Inc: the Generations Saga vol. 2
- Justice Society of America: The complete series by Len Strazewski and (the late)  Mike Parobeck! Cool
I can't say for sure, but I don't believe so.

Another collection DC was suppose to publish was Nathaniel Dusk: The Complete Collection, which was scheduled for November 2018 (during the Doomsday Clock run).
But that seems to have fallen through, too.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down