Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW

3 posters

Go down

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW Empty Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 am

Well, I have no plans to buy this, but if anybody else might be interested,
A New IDW Comic Is Mashing Up Star Trek and Transformers in the Most Glorious Way Possible
IDW’s Star Trek comics have already played host to some zany pop-culture crossovers, from Doctor Who to the Green Lantern Corps, to, err, Planet of the Apes. But the latest crossover is seeing the original Trek crew meet the Transformers in a very fun way.
io9 can exclusively reveal that this September will see the launch of Star Trek vs. Transformers, a new crossover miniseries from the creative team of writers John Barber and Mike Johnson, alongside artist Philip Murphy and colorist Leonardo Ito. The series—which will run for four issues—is inspired by the aesthetic and continuities from the cartoon iterations of both Trek and Transformers: the 1973 cult classic Star Trek: The Animated Series, and the original 1984 Transformers show.
So yes, Trek fans, that means Lieutenant M’Ress is coming face to face with some giant transforming robots.
The series will begin in the Star Trek universe, when the U.S.S. Enterprise answers a distress call on the edge of Klingon Space, only to find a dilithium mine under attack from 20th century-era jets and helicopters. When a certain red truck shows up to lend a hand, however, Kirk and the crew discover that there’s more than meets the eye to their new vehicular friends and foes.
The rest of the article is here: https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-new-idw-comic-is-mashing-up-star-trek-and-transformer-1826960426

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW Inset210
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW Empty Re: Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:57 pm

No real interest in Transformers, but it is nice to see the animated series style Enterprise crew again...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW Empty Re: Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:34 pm

tony ingram wrote:No real interest in Transformers, but it is nice to see the animated series style Enterprise crew again...
No real interest for me, either in Transformers (nor in the later Power Rangers). Things like Micronauts and Shogun Warriors are more towards the upper limits of nostalgia for me, and with those two it's because of the comic books, not the toys themselves.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:28 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:No real interest in Transformers, but it is nice to see the animated series style Enterprise crew again...
No real interest for me, either in Transformers (nor in the later Power Rangers). Things like Micronauts and Shogun Warriors are more towards the upper limits of nostalgia for me, and with those two it's because of the comic books, not the toys themselves.
Likewise. I think Bill Mantlo's Micronauts book was about the best SF title Marvel ever produced. A very underrated writer, and the Mike Golden art on the early issues was fantastic. Did you read Rom?

Last edited by tony ingram on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:42 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
Likewise. I think Bill Mantlo's Micronauts book was about the best SF title Marvel ever produced. A very underrated writer, and the Mike Golden art on the early issues was fantastic. Did you read Rom?
Bought/read it, but it wasn't quite as good as Micronauts and Shogun Warriors for me. (Don't know if art may have hampered it, since it's hard to match Michael Golden on Micronauts!)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:55 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
Bought/read it, but it wasn't quite as good as Micronauts and Shogun Warriors for me. (Don't know if art may have hampered it, since it's hard to match Michael Golden on Micronauts!)
I agree. Though I didn't really think much of the art on the last few issues of Shogun Warriors, either...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:10 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Bought/read it, but it wasn't quite as good as Micronauts and Shogun Warriors for me. (Don't know if art may have hampered it, since it's hard to match Michael Golden on Micronauts!)
I agree. Though I didn't really think much of the art on the last few issues of Shogun Warriors, either...
Oh, but there's just no comparison between Rom and GIANT Samurai-like robots! cheers

Red Ronin in Godzilla was cool, too!

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW 5839ddf15d7eafa3befa98544d2c1e9d_l

We need a kung-fu / ninja / samurai / martial arts smiley!

MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:20 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Bought/read it, but it wasn't quite as good as Micronauts and Shogun Warriors for me. (Don't know if art may have hampered it, since it's hard to match Michael Golden on Micronauts!)
Oh, but there's just no comparison between Rom and GIANT Samurai-like robots!  cheers  

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW 5839ddf15d7eafa3befa98544d2c1e9d_l

Oh, I liked Red Ronin! Whatever happened to him after his return in Avengers?
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Oh, but there's just no comparison between Rom and GIANT Samurai-like robots!  cheers  

Oh, I liked Red Ronin! Whatever happened to him after his return in Avengers?
I don't really know.
It looks like there might have been a "new-and-improved" version introduced back in a Wolverine annual in 1996?

Star Trek vs. Transformers mini-series coming from IDW 891565c4dbecf15e2cd7f7f737931518_l
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Somehow, I must have missed that issue...

Rather alarmingly though, having looked him up, Red Ronin has evidently appeared in several books since Avengers #199 which I have definitely read but have no memory of, including Solo Avengers and New Thunderbots. I think I'm losing my mind...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

tony ingram wrote:Somehow, I must have missed that issue...
Define "missed".

tony ingram wrote:Rather alarmingly though, having looked him up, Red Ronin has evidently appeared in several books since Avengers #199 which I have definitely read but have no memory of, including Solo Avengers and New Thunderbots. I think I'm losing my mind...
But was that the original Red Ronin, or were those "new and 'improved'!" versions, or even just other characters that just re-used the name? Question
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Somehow, I must have missed that issue...
Define "missed".

tony ingram wrote:Rather alarmingly though, having looked him up, Red Ronin has evidently appeared in several books since Avengers #199 which I have definitely read but have no memory of, including Solo Avengers and New Thunderbots. I think I'm losing my mind...
But was that the original Red Ronin, or were those "new and 'improved'!" versions, or even just other characters that just re-used the name? Question
There were no new and improved versions. These were all the original Red Ronin, apparently, including the one in the Wolverine Annual. I guess any cosmetic differences are down to artistic licence.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:43 am

tony ingram wrote:I think I'm losing my mind...
Nah. You're just as compos mentis as you've always been.
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I think I'm losing my mind...
Nah. You're just as compos mentis as you've always been.
That's not saying much...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Ingram Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm

I know Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lucy Ingram
Lucy Ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down