Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan DiDio gone from DC

Go down

Dan DiDio gone from DC Empty Dan DiDio gone from DC

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:09 pm

In case anybody was still unaware of this, Dan DiDio is no longer a Co-Publisher at DC comics, effective as of Friday morning (California-time).

At last word, Jim Lee (the other Co-Publisher) was still with DC, and no word at present as to if any other changes will be made.

No official word that I'm aware of as to what caused this, but for what it's worth, Bleeding Cool has mentioned that a disagreement in direction with Scott Snyder may have been involved?
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/21/why-dan-didio-leave-dc-comics/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Dan DiDio gone from DC Empty Re: Dan DiDio gone from DC

Post by MajorHoy on Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:06 pm

By the way, here's a brief article newsarama had with Jim Lee making it sound like there won't be any huge drastic changes at DC now that DiDio's out.

JIM LEE Signals DC Won’t Replace Dan DiDio; Addresses Major DC, Reboot Rumors
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:38 am

MajorHoy wrote:In case anybody was still unaware of this, Dan DiDio is no longer a Co-Publisher at DC comics, effective as of Friday morning (California-time).

At last word, Jim Lee (the other Co-Publisher) was still with DC, and no word at present as to if any other changes will be made.

No official word that I'm aware of as to what caused this, but for what it's worth, Bleeding Cool  has mentioned that a disagreement in direction with Scott Snyder may have been involved?

Surely that reason for DiDio being fired suddenly at 10:30 in the morning is a rumour from that usual Rolling Eyes BC gossip website, I don't know if Snyder really has all that power inside DC Comics... Question
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:In case anybody was still unaware of this, Dan DiDio is no longer a Co-Publisher at DC comics, effective as of Friday morning (California-time).

No official word that I'm aware of as to what caused this, but for what it's worth, Bleeding Cool  has mentioned that a disagreement in direction with Scott Snyder may have been involved?

Surely that reason for DiDio being fired suddenly at 10:30 in the morning is a rumour from that usual  Rolling Eyes BC gossip website, I don't know if Snyder really has all that power inside DC Comics... Question
I don't know if Bleeding Cool implied Snyder used any clout to deliberately get DiDio fired or not.

Here's what was in that article:
Also at ComicsPRO, there was a lot of discussion amongst retailers about DiDio's firing, with comic book writer Scott Snyder's name being mentioned a lot as a factor. Internally at DC Comics, Snyder was seen as someone opposed to what was being planned with 5G, and thought it could harm retailers.

Snyder and DiDio were not eye-to-eye creatively, but I understand that Snyder merely wanted to keep his upcoming Death Metal comic book as far away from 5G/Generation Five as possible, intending to use the series to celebrate DC's 85 years to date, rather than anything forward-looking. This frustrated DiDio's plans to introduce 5G with Death Metal. And as a result, mentions of Death Metal were taken out of the planned Generation Zero: Gods Among Us story for Free Comic Book Day.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 am

I understand, thanks for the articles  Wink I have also found interesting articles on Heidi McDonald's ComicsBeat about DiDio brutal DcExit and an analisys of what he did and what is his legacy at Dc Comics.
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum