Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon?

4 posters

Go down

"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? Empty "Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon?

Post by MajorHoy Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Noticed that DC is releasing FLASH OF TWO WORLDS DELUXE EDITION HC this Wednesday.

"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? Flash_45
NOV190539

(W) Gardner Fox, John Broome
(A) Joe Giella, Sid Greene
(CA) Murphy Anderson
(A/CA) Carmine Infantino
Learn how police scientist Barry Allen, the Flash of the 1960s, first crossed paths with Jay Garrick, the Flash of the 1940s, in this hardcover collecting The Flash #123, #129, #137, #151, #170 and #173. These are the stories that first established the science fiction concept of parallel universes in DC Comics, as the Fastest Man Alive learned to use his super-speed to travel across dimensions to Earth-2!
In Shops: Feb 26, 2020
SRP: $29.99
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV190539

By the way, after the reintroduction of the JSA back into the DC Universe in recent issues of Justice League (and in Doomsday Clock), where does that leave the classic "Flash of Two Worlds" in terms of current-DC continuity? Not having read the issues of JL that included the JSA (still waiting to see whether I might get a tpb collection whenever it gets released in the future), was the JSA on the same Earth as the JL? Do they remember their 1941 encounter with the JL of the "future"? If the classic pre-CoIE story of the "first" meeting of Jay and Barry still no longer is possible, does the revised post-CoIE version from Secret Origins #50 in 1990 still possibly apply in current DC continuity (not just in "head-canon")?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? Empty Re: "Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon?

Post by Mbast1 Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:22 pm

MajorHoy wrote:where does that leave the classic "Flash of Two Worlds" in terms of current-DC continuity?

I think it's hard to know unless DC explicitly says something. During Convergence they "undid" COIE, but then said those earths evolved into the modern ones. What does that mean? We need to see it in a story, otherwise it's just a guess.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? Empty Re: "Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon?

Post by MajorHoy Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:where does that leave the classic "Flash of Two Worlds" in terms of current-DC continuity?
I think it's hard to know unless DC explicitly says something. During Convergence they "undid" COIE, but then said those earths evolved into the modern ones. What does that mean? We need to see it in a story, otherwise it's just a guess.
Well, I'm assuming that the WWII-era JSA and the present-day JL were both from the same Earth, or was it revealed that they weren't?
Was anything mentioned as to whether the JSA and the JL will remember this meeting they just had in the future, or is this something that the JSA won't remember because of whatever happened in this story?
(Or did DC and Snyder/Tynion IV refuse to commit to anything in the story?)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spektre Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Continuity? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Spektre
Spektre

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:11 pm

By the way, here are the first several pages of the post-CoIE-revised story:
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre11
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre12
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre14
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre13
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre15
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre16
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:56 am

At least one version of the story clearly is still canon, as it was glimpsed briefly in a recent issue of Flash...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:26 am

MajorHoy wrote:By the way, here are the first several pages of the post-CoIE-revised story . . .
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? _secre16
Might as well add some more.
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? -_00_s10
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? -_00_s14
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? -_00_s11
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? -_00_s12
"Flash of Two Worlds" - is any version of that still canon? -_00_s13
We'll finish this up in a future post.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:08 am

I remember that! I thought it was a very imaginative update to the story.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:31 pm

tony ingram wrote:I remember that! I thought it was a very imaginative update to the story.
Though I never really knew if there was any particular reason for Morrison choosing the specific narrator he used for that one.
(It was an interesting move, but . . . )
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:57 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:I remember that! I thought it was a very imaginative update to the story.
Though I never really knew if there was any particular reason for Morrison choosing the specific narrator he used for that one.
Trying to fathom how Grant's mind works is pretty futile at the best of times, he's clearly on another plane of reality. But yes, choosing a narrator with no obvious connection to the Flash legacy was a little strange even for him.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:37 pm

tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Though I never really knew if there was any particular reason for Morrison choosing the specific narrator he used for that one.
Trying to fathom how Grant's mind works is pretty futile at the best of times, he's clearly on another plane of reality. But yes, choosing a narrator with no obvious connection to the Flash legacy was a little strange even for him.
Well, the narrator did have a bit of a connection to a Flash's past . . . Wink
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:30 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Though I never really knew if there was any particular reason for Morrison choosing the specific narrator he used for that one.
Well, the narrator did have a bit of a connection to a Flash's past . . .   Wink  
Yes, but not either of the Flashes actually central to the story!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm

tony ingram wrote:Yes, but not either of the Flashes actually central to the story!

Oh, you silly linear thinker you. It's like you're not even trying to follow the logic of a drug-altered magician. I mean, really.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down