Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Distancing / "Stay at Home"

Go down

Social Distancing / "Stay at Home" Empty Social Distancing / "Stay at Home"

Post by MajorHoy on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:33 am

Well, not surprisingly, Connecticut's Governor (Ned Lamont) today said he would be extending the "social distancing" / "stay at home" guidelines to "at least" May 20th.
That means that the "non-essential" businesses that were originally ordered closed back in mid-March will be closed for two months (possibly longer if there is yet another extension of the closure order).

Don't know how the restrictions are going where everybody else is, but stay healthy, stay strong, and to borrow an old British WWII slogan, "Keep Calm and Carry On".

Social Distancing / "Stay at Home" Keep_c10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Social Distancing / "Stay at Home" Empty Re: Social Distancing / "Stay at Home"

Post by Mbast1 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:31 am

MajorHoy wrote:Well, not surprisingly, Connecticut's Governor (Ned Lamont) today said he would be extending the "social distancing" / "stay at home" guidelines to "at least" May 20th.

I'm a nurse, and in the "stay away" camp. But, I think too much longer, and things are going to be irreparably damaged, and people are just going to start doing what they want. Which they are already doing, but in small numbers.
Anyway, you take care, too. Everyone be safe!
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Well, not surprisingly, Connecticut's Governor (Ned Lamont) today said he would be extending the "social distancing" / "stay at home" guidelines to "at least" May 20th.
I'm a nurse, and in the "stay away" camp. But, I think too much longer, and things are going to be irreparably damaged, and people are just going to start doing what they want. Which they are already doing, but in small numbers.
But there's still the issue of "non-essential" businesses and services having to remain closed for the time being. Some may be able to do on-line business to try and get by in the meantime, but that's not a solution for all of them. And with comic book shops here in the U.S., even if they can still conduct some internet business for now, the fact that Diamond is not supplying new comic books kills some potential e-commerce for them.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:03 pm

MajorHoy wrote:But there's still the issue of "non-essential" businesses and services having to remain closed for the time being. Some may be able to do on-line business to try and get by in the meantime, but that's not a solution for all of them.

Right, and that's part of the issue for a lot of them. Some of them are going to stay shut for good, and that is bad all around.

MajorHoy wrote:And with comic book shops here in the U.S., even if they can still conduct some internet business for now, the fact that Diamond is not supplying new comic books kills some potential e-commerce for them.

Also true. I'm trying to buy gift cards and little stuff from my local shops, but that won't do much good for long.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 am

Mbast1 wrote: . . . I'm trying to buy gift cards and little stuff from my local shops, but that won't do much good for long.
Especially if those businesses go belly-up before you've used the gift cards.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Especially if those businesses go belly-up before you've used the gift cards.

Sure, there's that. But that's always possible.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum