Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season

3 posters

Go down

Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season Empty Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season

Post by MajorHoy Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 am

From Entertainment Weekly:
Ruby Rose exits Batwoman ahead of season 2: 'This was not a decision I made lightly'
By Chancellor Agard
May 19, 2020 at 06:41 PM EDT

Ruby Rose is hanging up the cowl way sooner than anyone expected.

EW has confirmed that the Australian actress is leaving Batwoman, which concluded its first season this past Sunday. In light of this decision, the CW superhero drama will recast the role ahead of its second season, which will hopefully premiere in 2021.

"I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season," Rose said in a statement obtained by EW. "This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles."

She continued: "I am beyond appreciative to Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries for not only giving me this incredible opportunity, but for welcoming me into the DC universe they have so beautifully created. Thank you Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz and the teams at Warner Bros. and The CW who put so much into the show and always believed in me. Thank you to everyone who made season one a success — I am truly grateful."
You can read the rest of this here: https://ew.com/tv/ruby-rose-exits-batwoman/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season Empty Re: Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season

Post by Barry_Allen Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 am

I have read the article, but have you understood why she left the role, after saying only very good things about the show, the cast, the producers and so on? Shocked
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season Empty Re: Ruby Rose is leaving the CW's Batwoman TV series after one season

Post by MajorHoy Wed May 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I have read the article, but have you understood why she left the role, after saying only very good things about the show, the cast, the producers and so on? Shocked
Doesn't seem to say what her reasons were, but it does seem to indicate it was her decision as opposed to her being let go.
It's also a very strange coincidence that she's leaving when you think about it since the comic book had the controversy of J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman quitting when DC wouldn't let them have Kate get married.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu May 21, 2020 8:27 pm

MajorHoy wrote:but it does seem to indicate it was her decision as opposed to her being let go.

I saw something yesterday saying it was a "mutual" decision. Not sure. I haven't watched it yet, I was gonna binge-watch at the end so i don't know how much I'll like it, but this is odd.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri May 22, 2020 8:35 am

Not sure which platform will air Batwoman here, I was planning binge-watching too; of course after some time they will go on "normal" television channels, the same where the Arrowerse series usually go.... Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down