Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by MajorHoy on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Everything comes back to haunt you on the worldwideweb!!! Shocked

‘The Flash’ Star Hartley Sawyer Fired Over Racist, Misogynistic Tweets

Hartley Sawyer has been fired from CW’s “The Flash” over a collection of racist and misogynistic tweets he posted prior to joining the show.

The news was confirmed by CW and the show’s producers Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions, who provided Variety the following statement.

“Hartley Sawyer will not be returning for Season 7 of ‘The Flash.’ In regards to Mr. Sawyer’s posts on social media, we do not tolerate derogatory remarks that target any race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. Such remarks are antithetical to our values and polices, which strive and evolve to promote a safe, inclusive and productive environment for our workforce.”

The tweets in question date mainly from 2012 and 2014, including this one: “The only thing keeping me from doing mildly racist tweets is the knowledge that Al Sharpton would never stop complaining about me.”
You can read the rest of the story here: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-flash-hartley-sawyer-fired-racist-tweets-1234627876/
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Re: Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Seems like a bit of an overrreaction to some comments he made years ago. A shame, he was about the best character in the show.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6704
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 50
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Re: Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 pm

tony ingram wrote:Seems like a bit of an overrreaction to some comments he made years ago. A shame, he was about the best character in the show.
Timing is everything.

If this had been brought to light before the past month-or-so, maybe it would have been handled differently. But in our current situation with the George Floyd / "Black Lives Matter" controversies, and all the protests that are still continuing (even beyond just the U.S.) because of centuries of discrimination and such, it's a bit harder to let even past indiscretions like his thoughtless posts go by with just an apology and a slap on the wrist.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2012-06-17
Location : Connecticut, North America, Eastern Time Zone, USA

Back to top Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Re: Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by tony ingram on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:16 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Seems like a bit of an overrreaction to some comments he made years ago. A shame, he was about the best character in the show.
Timing is everything.

If this had been brought to light before the past month-or-so, maybe it would have been handled differently. But in our current situation with the George Floyd / "Black Lives Matter" controversies, and all the protests that are still continuing (even beyond just the U.S.) because of centuries of discrimination and such, it's a bit harder to let even past indiscretions like his thoughtless posts go by with just an apology and a slap on the wrist.
True. Still ashame, though. I'd be interested to know how these ancient tweets suddenly came to light...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Posts : 6704
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 50
Location : The Wilds of Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Re: Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by Barry_Allen on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:20 am

I suppose there are some "agencies" that deal with it, maybe to push other actors into those roles left free...
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Posts : 194
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 48
Location : Marche, Italy

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Re: Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by Mbast1 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:25 pm

tony ingram wrote: I'd be interested to know how these ancient tweets suddenly came to light...

There are people, it seems, who do nothing BUT look for ways to harm public (and not public) figures for what they say online. Look at James Gunn.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash Empty Re: Elongated Man has been fired from the CW's The Flash

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum