Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When did you last go to a comic book shop?

Go down

When did you last go to a comic book shop? Empty When did you last go to a comic book shop?

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Before the COVID-19 pandemic first started causing shutdowns here in the U.S., I had last visited the comic book shop I normally go to back on February 22nd.

By about mid-March 2020, the State of Connecticut ordered all "non-essential" businesses to close their stores.

That order started to be lifted May 20th here in the state, and this past Saturday (June 20th) I finally made it in to the store. Only bought three books, but that's in part because some of the books I would have bought (published by Dark Horse) have been delayed for several months.

For the record, the two books that were in my hold file were Sir Edward Grey - Witchfinder: The Reign of Darkness #4 and #5 (of a five-issue series), and I got a copy of Flash #750 off the shelf (which had been released back in early March).
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

When did you last go to a comic book shop? Empty Re: When did you last go to a comic book shop?

Post by Barry_Allen on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:20 pm

Me too, before the COVID-19 pandemic started causing big shutdowns here in Italy, I had last visited the comic book shop I usually go to, back on February 26th! Shocked
Theorically local comic book shops, as booksellers, could re-open since 19 April but mine didn't open at first and I wouldn't risk going, since it is located almost in the center of the town where there is always a lot of people who still don't respect safety rules.... Mad
So I am trying to go again.....today late afternoon, we'll see! Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

When did you last go to a comic book shop? Empty Re: When did you last go to a comic book shop?

Post by MajorHoy on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . Theorically local comic book shops, as booksellers, could re-open since 19 April but mine didn't open at first and I wouldn't risk going, since it is located almost in the center of the town where there is always a lot of people who still don't respect safety rules.... Mad ...
My comic book shop isn't in quite so busy a shopping district. It had been in an old local railroad station/depot, but a little while back a new structure was built next to the old one and the shop moved into that. So there's plenty of space / parking around it, and when I went there on Saturday (late morning) I was the only customer there.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:35 pm

MajorHoy wrote:when I went there on Saturday (late morning) I was the only customer there.

The one closest to me opened about a month ago. Masks required. I have been a couple of times, despite little new material. I like the shop and want to continue buying there.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Mbast1 wrote: . . . I have been a couple of times, despite little new material. I like the shop and want to continue buying there.
The one I've been going to is probably around +/-20 miles away, but it's by local roads (state highways, but speed limits aren't that high since it's through residential areas and some small farmland spots). I don't get up that way all that often, but there's not much I'm really interested in buying these days.

SIDE NOTE: I've probably mentioned it before, but the shop is in Newtown, Connecticut, about a mile away from the site of the December 2012 school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum