Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comics Unlimited

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Comics Unlimited - Page 2 Empty Re: Comics Unlimited

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:41 am

The new issue of Comics Unlimited, # 5 has already been published and is available on Amzn but, for some reason, from this old Pc I'm writing now, I can't find its cover, so we count on our fearless leader for images and official solicitation...  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e
Also, seeing from my phone App, Amzn list as authors GBF as always, Daphne Lage (who?!?)  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f601 and Grant Lankard  Question , who are these two guys?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f604
And, above all, where is our Big Boss? Why isn't he listed as Big Contributor?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f62f
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:The new issue of Comics Unlimited, # 5 has already been published and is available on Amzn but, for some reason, from this old Pc I'm writing now, I can't find its cover, so we count on our fearless leader for images and official solicitation...  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e
Also, seeing from my phone App, Amzn list as authors GBF as always, Daphne Lage (who?!?)  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f601 and Grant Lankard  Question , who are these two guys?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f604
And, above all, where is our Big Boss? Why isn't he listed as Big Contributor?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f62f
Amazon seem to just list three or four random contributors if the list is longer than that. All the regulars are still in there, never fear! Very Happy
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Wed May 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Just noticed that Comics Unlimited # 6 is out now and ready to be ordered Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e , can you tell us something about the contents of this, collectible and soon to be rare, issue, Tony?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f609
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Thu May 20, 2021 9:52 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Just noticed that Comics Unlimited # 6 is out now and ready to be ordered Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60e , can you tell us something about the contents of this, collectible and soon to be rare, issue, Tony?  Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f609
Well, I can tell you that it contains the last part of my six part rundown of the history of the Defenders, as well as features on Howard Chaykin's Cody Starbuck, legendary British artist Don Lawrence, Alan Moore's classic Swamp Thing story The Anatomy Lesson, the sixties explois of Batman, Strangehaven, the Steel Claw, the Secret Society of Super Villains, Steve Gerber, Lady Satan, and possibly the oddest Lois Lane story ever told, "I Am Curious (Black)"!
I can also tell you it's been a nightmare to et out there, as an Amazon UK glitch meant that it was showing as visible on the site as far as we were concerned, but for close to 24 hours it wasn't showing in anyone's search results...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu May 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Thank you very much for your complete info, Tony!  Wink I'm glad I'll find on CU another part of the Defenders history, Alan Moore's seminal Swamp Thing story and much more, like the SSOSV, the much missed Steve Gerber Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f60d and even....Lady Satan?!? Comics Unlimited - Page 2 1f632 In Italy in the Eighties we had the short lived Lady Cruel, but it was a BDSM comic published maybe years before its time... Rolling Eyes
In fact I have been searching for CU since the 7 of this month, when usually the new (bi-montly, of course) issue is visible... cyclops
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu May 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . and even....Lady Satan?!?
Comics Unlimited - Page 2 -_001_29

https://crikey.forumotion.com/t974-golden-age-lady-satan
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 am

I should have checked her in the all-encompassing Crikey! forum to find her, thanks Major! Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri May 21, 2021 9:14 pm

tony ingram wrote:and possibly the greatest heroic duo ever: Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon! Very Happy

Man, I love those cartoons.

Is there a way to subscribe? I just realized there are two more issues on Amazon I haven't gotten, because I forgot.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat May 22, 2021 9:45 am

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:and possibly the greatest heroic duo ever: Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon! Very Happy

Man, I love those cartoons.

Is there a way to subscribe? I just realized there are two more issues on Amazon I haven't gotten, because I forgot.
I believe Glenn is considering offering subscriptions. He wanted to test the waters for a few months first, to see if it sold.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Sun May 23, 2021 1:03 am

So what do I do to help?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 am

Mbast1 wrote:So what do I do to help?
I'll have a word with Glenn on Monday, see what's going on.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:42 am

Comics Unlimited 7 hasn't yet appeared on Amzn, Tony, is there a delay this month?   Question
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:40 am

Barry_Allen wrote:Comics Unlimited 7 hasn't yet appeared on Amzn, Tony, is there a delay this month?   Question
Unfortunately, yes. We'd been waiting on a couple of lengthy articles but the contributor in question has been hit by unforseen circumstances. As a result, the next issue (which should be out in the next week or so) will be rather shorter (and consequently cheaper) than usual...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum