Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders)

3 posters

Go down

Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) Empty Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders)

Post by MajorHoy Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:49 am

First appearance: Action Comics #42 (November 1941)
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) -_001a80
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) -_001b71
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) -_001c65
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) -_001d54

I first read this story when it was reprinted in Secret Origins #4 (September-October 1973)
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) -_001_71

And from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XXV (March 1987)
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) -_000_86

MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) Empty Re: Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders)

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:19 am

Maybe I'm a bit OT but I wanted to tell you guys that the modern age Vigilante is quite known in Italy for my generation readers, because, when the old Marvel (in 1984) and Dc (in 1981) local licensees respectively folded and didn't renew their licence, there was a subsequent void in Superheroes publications here; then, suddenly, coming out of nowhere a small printer located in the center of Italy (the town was Todi province of Perugia) formed a new publishing entity, headed by a minerary engineer who had worked in Central Africa (!) and, after a trip to NY, obtained the rights to all Marvel and Dc characters but, convinced that the Superheroes weren't appetibles for young readers, started with these monthly antologies:
Match (72 pages), who published Vigilante (the Eighties series), V (do you remember that Tv series?), and Jonah Hex.
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) Match_10

Alien which, in its 128 pages, published several Marvel/Epic Series: Sergio Aragones' Groo (!), MW Kaluta's Starstruck, Time Spirit, Bozz Chronicles (!!), the beautifully painted Moonshadow by Jon J. Muth, Crash Ryan and Coyote.
Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) Alien_10
Sure there was some really interesting material especially in Alien but that anthology printed in luxury paper was really expensive for most of the people and young readers wanted mainly Superheroes, not so different and "adult" comics at that time, so Match lasted 6 only issues and Alien only five.
Then, in June 1986, they published an anthology called simply Marvel which contained stories of Spider-Man, the X-Men and the Incredible Hulk and that started its run exactly from the point where the previous licensee had ended its run the year before, but this is another story (with all the other Labor publications too) that deserves to be told in a new and future Labor Comics post... Cool
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders) Empty Re: Golden Age Vigilante (Greg Sanders)

Post by tony ingram Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:08 am

Coyote and Groo in the same book!!!!? I'd have bought that!
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down