Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Metal questions

4 posters

Go down

Death Metal questions Empty Death Metal questions

Post by Mbast1 Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Hello,
Is anyone following DC's Death Metal/Dark Multiverse? If so, do you know of a reading order/list? I would like to try to figure it out, but there's been so many pieces I don't know where to begin.
Thanks,
Mike
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Death Metal questions Empty Re: Death Metal questions

Post by MajorHoy Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Mbast1 wrote:Is anyone following DC's Death Metal/Dark Multiverse? If so, do you know of a reading order/list? I would like to try to figure it out, but there's been so many pieces I don't know where to begin.
I think I picked up the free copy of Dark Knights: The Batman Who Laughs that was available for Batman Day last year (because it was free), but other than that I've tried to avoid the whole thing.

Have you just done any Google-type searched for lists of the reading order?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:41 pm

MajorHoy wrote:Have you just done any Google-type searched for lists of the reading order?

I did, but the few I've seen are contradictory. I thought this was a better place to ask.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:Have you just done any Google-type searched for lists of the reading order?
I did, but the few I've seen are contradictory. I thought this was a better place to ask.
Problem is, I don't know who else here read any of it or not.
From my standpoint, The Batman Who Laughs is an annoying, wasteful character who is either popular with some readers and/or DC is determined to cram him down our throats whether we care or not. And I really don't need stories like this in general. I never read Morrison's Final Crisis, nor did I really follow Forever Evil during the New52. I've also stayed away from the recent Year of the Villain. All because I don't need stories like those. (Hell, Geoff Johns' Infinite Crisis was way too heavy on the darkness and excessive, gratuitous violence that seemed to take too much pleasure in killing off characters.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:56 am

Mbast1 wrote:Hello,
Is anyone following DC's Death Metal/Dark Multiverse? If so, do you know of a reading order/list? I would like to try to figure it out, but there's been so many pieces I don't know where to begin.
Thanks, Mike
I am sorry for being not able help you Mike, but in the beginning I was planning to follow this "event" in Italian publications but they came out in the last year and half of previous licensee management, and publications schedule was pretty erratic with many titles several months late and some being available only newstands and some only in comic book shops: consider also that the whole story is widely considered quite "boor" here so I thought to possibly retrieve the books when they'll be available (in Italy) as not so expensive trade paperbacks. I have seen that Panini Italy will publish a tpb of "the Batman who laughs" soon, since the book from the previous publisher, out last November in a few copies, is offered now for € 149.99 on Amazon! Mad
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:I am sorry for being not able help you Mike

No need to be sorry, I appreciate the thought. That is a VERY high price for the book, though. I don't get publishers sometimes.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:18 am

Mbast1 wrote: . . . That is a VERY high price for the book, though. I don't get publishers sometimes.
But is that the price from the publisher for a new copy, or is it the price from a re-seller going through Amazon to market their copy?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Mbast1 wrote:Hello,
Thanks,
Mike
I've been following it, but here in the UK, Diamond's distribution is still screwed up after the lockdown so we're still getting some issues coming through out of publication order which makes the event rather hard to keep straight.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:54 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Mbast1 wrote: . . . That is a VERY high price for the book, though. I don't get publishers sometimes.
But is that the price from the publisher for a new copy, or is it the price from a re-seller going through Amazon to market their copy?

Yes, while Amazon has been sold out of that Death Metal tpb very soon, due to publisher low circulation, that is really the "cheapest" price you can find now for it in their Marketplace!  Mad
It is also true that, during the last eighteen/twenty months of old Dc licensee, also their cover prices were quite higher too, for example their last Watchmen edition Tpb (not Hc) had a price of € 55.00 while the first Hardcover Panini edition in 2020 now has a cover price of € 37.00 Neutral
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:11 am

tony ingram wrote:which makes the event rather hard to keep straight.

Why can't they just publish a list for these events? They have done it for some, why not for all?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:35 am

Barry_Allen wrote:had a price of € 55.00 while the first Hardcover Panini edition in 2020 now has a cover price of € 37.00 Neutral

Sometimes I think people just make prices up, just to see what happens.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down