Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot)

3 posters

Go down

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) Empty Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot)

Post by MajorHoy Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) Stargi11
Spend Spring Break With Stargirl and the Seven Soldiers of Victory!
By DC Publicity Wednesday, February 10th, 2021

Stargirl Spring Break Special #1 – Geoff Johns and Todd Nauck Take DC’s Cosmic Staff-Wielding Super Hero on a Spring Break Adventure With the Seven Soldiers of Victory!

After months and months of fighting crime and handling universe-threatening enemies, even superheroes need a springtime vacation. But thanks to award-winning writer Geoff Johns and artist Todd Nauck, there’s no Cancun, Miami, or South Padre Island on Stargirl’s itinerary in this 48-page one shot, on sale May 4!

Courtney Whitmore’s spring break plans aren’t like your average high schooler’s. Instead of hanging out with friends, she’s heading out on an adventure with her stepfather, Pat Dugan, a.k.a. S.T.R.I.P.E., and teaming up with his former team, the Seven Soldiers of Victory! The soldiers are forced to reunite again to unearth the secret eighth soldier of victory, but what other secrets lay buried, and what does it all mean for Courtney’s future as Stargirl?

Anybody can hang out at the beach and party, but for fans of Stargirl, Golden Age superheroes and fast-paced fun and adventure, the Stargirl Spring Break Special is a must-read! The book arrives at comic book stores and participating digital retailers on May 4 for $5.99. The physical version also features a card stock variant cover by Mike McKone for $6.99.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/02/10/spend-spring-break-with-stargirl-and-the-seven-soldiers-of-victory

I have no idea of how this fits in with the past recons of the Seven Soldiers of Victory from post-CoIE through the more recent Death Metal-stuff, but I'll probably get a copy to see how the "current" thinking for their history is.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) Empty Re: Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot)

Post by Barry_Allen Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:51 am

Be prepared to expect anything that might happen in this "current age" Dc Comics comic book... Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) Empty Re: Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot)

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Artist Todd Nauck comes from Rob Liefeld's Extreme Studios of the Nineties and is remembered also for series like Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Young Justice. Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) 1f604
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Artist Todd Nauck comes from Rob Liefeld's Extreme Studios of the Nineties and is remembered also for series like Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Young Justice. Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) 1f604
As long as he can draw proper feet and doesn't give characters too many belt pouches . . .
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Wed May 12, 2021 8:50 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) Stargi11
Spend Spring Break With Stargirl and the Seven Soldiers of Victory!

. . . The book arrives at comic book stores and participating digital retailers on May 4 . . .
Make that "May 25th".

Golly . . . don't know why this was moved out three weeks from when it was originally solicited, but Geoff Johns never-ever has ANY delays on the books he's involved with!
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Absolutely brilliant! I love how they've finally resolved the continuity issues surrounding Green Arrow and the Seven Soldiers (just thirty five years late, and with an idea I actually had and wrote to them about in 1986, but never mind).
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:11 pm

Did they publish your letter in a comic book Tony? And, btw, were you a "letter hacker" at time like, just to say, the famous Malcolm Bourne? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:44 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:Did they publish your letter in a comic book Tony? And, btw, were you a "letter hacker" at time like, just to say,  the famous Malcolm Bourne? Wink
They never published that one, no, but I did become a regular letterhack in the nineties; I had several dozen letters printed over the years. I still do, occasionally, although only Marvel and 2000 AD really have letters pages now, and only intermittently.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:28 pm

At the end of the Stargirl Spring Break Special (released towards the end of May) there was this:
Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) Rco03112
And, with DC having revealed on Friday what they're releasing for December, we're still waiting for more news on this "Stargirl #1".   Mad
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:09 pm

They'll get there. They tease stuff a long way in advance, these days.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:42 pm

tony ingram wrote:They'll get there. They tease stuff a long way in advance, these days.
You mean like they did with All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder #11 (DC); All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes #6 (Marvel); Afterlife with Archie #11 (Archie Comics); . . . ?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:18 pm

Have you always been this cynical? Nine times out of ten, the stuff that's set up see's print. It just takes a while.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:They'll get there. They tease stuff a long way in advance, these days.
You mean like they did with All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder #11 (DC); All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes #6 (Marvel); Afterlife with Archie #11 (Archie Comics);  . . . ?
I tend to agree with that, it is not a great honor for Jim Lee as Dc Comics publisher that a flagship title like All Star Batman & Robin ended that way...the same may apply to Marvel and Archie Comics too....I really liked Francesco Francavilla's art in Afterlife with Archie and was eagerly awaiting for a issue to be published, for years... Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:27 am

I just prefer to see the positive. As far as the JSA goes, in recent months we've seen Jay Garrick in Flash, Wildcat in the Green Arrow Special and several members in Infinite Frontier. I'm happy with that. I can accept that DC as a company doesn't see the JSA as their number one priority. I'd be surprised if they did. But they clearly have plans. That's better than the situation we had from 2011-2016.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:45 pm

tony ingram wrote:I just prefer to see the positive. As far as the JSA goes, in recent months we've seen Jay Garrick in Flash, Wildcat in the Green Arrow Special and several members in Infinite Frontier. I'm happy with that. I can accept that DC as a company doesn't see the JSA as their number one priority. I'd be surprised if they did. But they clearly have plans. That's better than the situation we had from 2011-2016.
Oh, they had plans as well back during the New 52.

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) 87502310

Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) 10905510

DC even made it sound like they were brining back the Justice Society when word first started leaking out about this.

Sadly, what we got wasn't anything like what many people had hoped for / expected. Mad

So forgive me if I need stronger glasses to see the "positive" from DC thee days.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:24 pm

But there is a lot to like in what they're doing now, there's a lot of good stuff coming out. You just seem determined to be negative. Sorry, but it rather depresses me. I keep talking about the stuff I'm enjoying and it always gets greeted by relentless negativity. And I don't understand why. I hated the New 52, too, but that was ten years ago! I honestly think that since 2016 they've got more right than wrong.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 pm

tony ingram wrote:But there is a lot to like in what they're doing now, there's a lot of good stuff coming out. You just seem determined to be negative. Sorry, but it rather depresses me. I keep talking about the stuff I'm enjoying and it always gets greeted by relentless negativity. And I don't understand why. I hated the New 52, too, but that was ten years ago! I honestly think that since 2016 they've got more right than wrong.  
There was actually some good stuff during the New 52, so I can't completely complain about that period.

I know you've found stuff to enjoy since the start of Rebirth, but just about anything I had seemed to like either got cancelled, or DC brought in writer I don't like (like BENDIS!), or they chose a direction I didn't feel was worth it to me.

That stuff happens. My tastes aren't what DC seems to be catering to these days.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:50 pm

That doesn't make it bad! And I actually like most of what Bendis has been doing at DC. I wasn't a huge fan of his Marvel work, but he seems to me to have a better grasp of characters like Superman.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 pm

tony ingram wrote:That doesn't make it bad! And I actually like most of what Bendis has been doing at DC. I wasn't a huge fan of his Marvel work, but he seems to me to have a better grasp of characters like Superman.
"Better grasp of characters like Superman" by suddenly aging up his son and by also apparently introducing a brother for Lois Lane (while her sister Lucy seems to have been written out of existence)?

And it just hurts my brain when I try to comprehend Bendis dialogue.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote:That doesn't make it bad! And I actually like most of what Bendis has been doing at DC. I wasn't a huge fan of his Marvel work, but he seems to me to have a better grasp of characters like Superman.
"Better grasp of characters like Superman" by suddenly aging up his son and by also apparently introducing a brother for Lois Lane (while her sister Lucy seems to have been written out of existence)?

And it just hurts my brain when I try to comprehend Bendis dialogue.
Not really seeing why introducing a new character is a bad idea. Leo's existence doesn't negate past continuity. And Lucy hasn't been written out, she's just not being used right now. As for ageing up Jon, to me it's made him a far more interesting character (I never understood the appeal of the Super Sons, I just find kids boring).
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down