Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . .

4 posters

Go down

Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . Empty Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . .

Post by MajorHoy Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:40 pm

At the end of Infinite Frontier #0, they included this:
Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . -_infi16

Which (if any) of these have you bought/read or will you consider trying?
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . Empty Re: Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . .

Post by Barry_Allen Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:51 pm

So far I have ordered:
- Action Comics # 29
- Superman # 29 both with the new Supes writer and drawn by an old favourite of mine, Phil Hester. Cool

I'll consider a late order for:
- Green Lantern # 1 (again?!?) Very Happy
- Mister Miracle:... # 1
- Supergirl Spring Break Special; this was the one you were referring to in another topic, if I remember well? Wink
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . Empty Re: Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . .

Post by MajorHoy Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:. . . - Supergirl Spring Break Special; this was the one you were referring to in another topic, if I remember well? Wink  
Actually, it's the Stargirl Spring Break Special; Supergirl will be in Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (written by Tom King).
Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . Sg_wot10
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Yes, I mean that one,  I wrote too fast! Very Happy So, ok for the Stargirl Spring Break Special  Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . 1f60e
Nice Supergirl cover with lovely Krypto, btw, do you know if it'll be in the story too?  Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . 1f609
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Barry_Allen wrote: . . . Nice Supergirl cover with lovely Krypto, btw, do you know if it'll be in the story too?  Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . 1f609
If by "it" you mean Krypto, it sounds likely.

However, since it's written by Tom King, and I thought we just had a Supergirl-off-of-Earth run when Bendis took over the Superman titles, I'm giving this puppy (comic book limited series) a hard PASS.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry_Allen Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:02 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Barry_Allen wrote: . . . Nice Supergirl cover with lovely Krypto, btw, do you know if it'll be in the story too?  Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . 1f609

Well, as much as I love dogs (and cats) a lot, I'd gladly refer to them as "he" but I remember my English teachers always telling us to use "it" for all animals too, maybe this has then changed in common language?  Rolling Eyes

MajorHoy wrote:However, since it's written by Tom King, and I thought we just had a Supergirl-off-of-Earth run when Bendis took over the Superman titles, I'm giving this puppy (comic book limited series) a hard PASS.

So we only have to wait next June and see what our "Secret Agent" King has engineered for us to read... Very Happy
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:11 pm

Barry_Allen wrote:
MajorHoy wrote:
Well, as much as I love dogs (and cats) a lot, I'd refer to them as "he" but I remember my English teachers always telling us to use "it" for all animals too, maybe this has then changed in common language?  Rolling Eyes
That may still be formally correct when referring to animals in an impersonal, general way. But with specific animals like Krypto, a well-defined character, I think it makes sense to go by "he".

Barry_Allen wrote:So we only have to wait next June and see what our "Secret Agent" King has engineered for us to read... Very Happy
If it's King, I'm not bothering to see what he does to Supergirl.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Barry_Allen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:51 pm

MajorHoy wrote:If it's King, I'm not bothering to see what he does to Supergirl.

The little of his work I've read just turns me off. He seems to think making superheroes horrible people is a good thing. At that point admit you don't like the genre and move on.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:09 pm

As for what I'll be getting from DC from their post-Infinite Frontier line, I previously put Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) on my pull-list, but next time I get to the comic book shop I might see if I can pick up Detective Comics #1034 and Catwoman #29.
(I was tempted to try Nightwing #78 as well, but I've seen a panel where Dick brings home a dog and, if I remember correctly, Babs reacts with a big pink heart in a speech balloon, so that might be a bit too cutesy for my tastes.)
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:37 pm

MajorHoy wrote: . . . but next time I get to the comic book shop I might see if I can pick up Detective Comics #1034 and Catwoman #29...
I did buy those two issues on Wednesday.

Going forward, I think I'll try adding Detective Comics to my pull list (for now, at least, since I'm not sure about the current overall Bat-direction under Tynion), but I wasn't all that impressed by Ram V's Catwoman. Not really interested in her "strays" from what little I saw of them, but I am curious about the part of the issue that involved Riddler and Ivy.  Might pick up issue #30 if it's available when I next go the comic book shop. (I think the copy of issue #29 I got off the racks might have been the last copy.)

Also, about that cover to Catwoman #29,
Going forward from Infinite Frontier #0, . . . Catwom34
why are the Riddler's question marks backwards??????
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:34 pm

MajorHoy wrote:As for what I'll be getting from DC from their post-Infinite Frontier line, I previously put Stargirl Spring Break Special (one-shot) on my pull-list, but next time I get to the comic book shop I might see if I can pick up Detective Comics #1034 and Catwoman #29.
(I was tempted to try Nightwing #78 as well, but I've seen a panel where Dick brings home a dog and, if I remember correctly, Babs reacts with a big pink heart in a speech balloon, so that might be a bit too cutesy for my tastes.)
It's actually a really nice scene. And I suspect the three legged mutt is going to be a permanent addition to the supporting cast.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down