Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My condolences

4 posters

Go down

My condolences Empty My condolences

Post by Mbast1 Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:48 pm

I would hope that this isn't the place you find this out, but I just wanted to wish my condolences and best wishes to the British members of the board over the loss of Prince Philip. He and the Queen were married 20 years longer than I've been alive. I can't even imagine.
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

My condolences Empty Re: My condolences

Post by Barry_Allen Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Mbast1 wrote:I would hope that this isn't the place you find this out, but I just wanted to wish my condolences and best wishes to the British members of the board over the loss of Prince Philip. He and the Queen were married 20 years longer than I've been alive. I can't even imagine.

Yes, same for me Mike, about 24 years older... Rolling Eyes these long marriages of yesterday seem almost impossible today, both because you get married later and also because today it seems almost impossible to stay together all your life... Neutral
Barry_Allen
Barry_Allen

https://editorialecorno.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:42 pm

To be honest, while I appreciate the sentiment, I lost a good friend to cancer a couple of weeks ago and was watching the livestream of his funeral last week, so Philip's death has not really even registered on my emotional radar. It doesn't seem to have registered for a lot of others, either, except in a negative way: the BBC apparently got over 100, 000 complaints about the amount of TV coverage they gave the news, with most seeming particularly annoyed that it screwed up the schedules so that they missed Friday's episode of EastEnders and the finale of Masterchef...
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorHoy Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 pm

tony ingram wrote: . . . and was watching the livestream of his funeral last week...
One of those concepts that still seems so bizarre to me, but unfortunately things like that have become a bit of a necessity in the days of COVID.

You have my condolences on the loss of your friend.
MajorHoy
MajorHoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:17 am

MajorHoy wrote:
tony ingram wrote: . . . and was watching the livestream of his funeral last week...
One of those concepts that still seems so bizarre to me, but unfortunately things like that have become a bit of a necessity in  the days of COVID.

You have my condolences on the loss of your friend.
Thanks. It was all very sudden. Less than a week between him getting the terminal diagnosis and actually dying, probably because the tests which would normally have picked up on what he had much earlier were not carried out in time due to the pandemic.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm

tony ingram wrote:Thanks. It was all very sudden. Less than a week between him getting the terminal diagnosis and actually dying, probably because the tests which would normally have picked up on what he had much earlier were not carried out in time due to the pandemic.

That is awful, and I'm sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing. Do you need anything?
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by tony ingram Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Mbast1 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Thanks. It was all very sudden. Less than a week between him getting the terminal diagnosis and actually dying, probably because the tests which would normally have picked up on what he had much earlier were not carried out in time due to the pandemic.

That is awful, and I'm sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing. Do you need anything?
Only my mate Colin back, but I'm afraid that ain't happening.
tony ingram
tony ingram
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbast1 Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:05 pm

tony ingram wrote:Only my mate Colin back, but I'm afraid that ain't happening.

If I could, I would. Let me, then, just wish you the best in dealing with the loss. No loss is ever easy. But, I have always thought this quote was true. Feel free to share with us if you need to.

Swedish Proverb
"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow."
Mbast1
Mbast1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum